Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51667 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2014, 03:33:52 am »

Tulwor watched Sarah go through a series of jabs, stabs, blocks and parries against a whirling construct of hay, wood and iron. The only sound in the stone chamber was the 'whirr-clunk' of the dummy and the ragged breathing and gasps of exertion from the woman, sometimes broken by the sound of flesh on hay or iron on flesh. She was tiring; this would not last long.

Sarah ducked under a sharpened piece of wood as it came spinning around, throwing a quick jab at where it connected to the construct. The spear came loose with a crack and Sarah beamed, triumphant; only for an iron club to come snapping out of the woodwork. It caught her in the stomach and flung her across the room to land heavily on the cold floor. She moaned, and Tulwor wondered if she would need healing, but right away the woman sprung back up, roaring her defiance. Tulwor smiled, pleased.

He wasn't needed here, nor did he have the patience to always be watching over the would-be hero. In fact, he'd heard another prayer that had quite caught his interest. It sounded a more worthwhile business than this, even.

He made his way to Chell once more, always happy to see his little sister. This time, he had a different request.

'Chell! You are an able sailor, and father taught me less of ships and sailing. I would ask for your eye and your advice in building a ship for a brave band of mortals. Something able to brave storms and the sea's dangers without harm, and to move with speed when the skies are settled. It would need to handle well in the hands of incompetents too, I suppose. Do I have your aid, little sister?'

This Malcome of House Skullcrest had not sounded so knowing of what he wished to embark upon, but Tulwor knew bravery was always a better boon than any length of preparation on a great journey or adventure.

Tulwor asks Chell's aid in constructing a ship for Malcome's expedition.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2014, 03:42:46 am »

He slides the remaining letters across the table to you. "If it pleases you lord, look them over. My trust in this matter is in you completely."

As per Messels wish, Auratus looked over the different offers of betrothal. Most of them were good, some of them lacking, and others especially lacking. Hialarths offer, which would keep the younger Messel out of greater politics for a decade, was among the later. At the discovery of what Nightcharm would offer for the second daughter, he was quite irritated. It seemed he would have to voice his opinion on such artefacts openly. Obviously he did not plan on taking the letter into account either, but would take it with him instead.

After looking at the rest of the documents carefully, and much contemplation, he gave his decision.

" Give the hand of your daughter Tanga to Vance Infelix. Offering some of his Bride Price would be sure to appease me, and most of the other gods which you might honour at your own discretion. The gold can easily support your whole family, and also aid your son in political endeavours. "

" For your daughter Thrift, I would think Durg Wildefair to be a good match. With the new pantheon here, the situation is bound to grow more stable, allowing for more trade and a bigger navy. The shipyard will become more important, and in turn, your family more influential. It will give you a stable income until then, and obviously also thereafter – not to speak of the bride herself. "

He paused slightly, looking into the direction of the young herald before continuing.
" For your son, I would like to have heard his own opinion on the matter, but seeing his current state I will recommend two of the candidates to him instead. "

" Chance Infelix would be a very good match. While your son certainly is not lacking in spirit, I doubt him to have any real experience in courtly matters. As she is most shrewd in that regard, they would compliment each other well where the other might be weak. I also have little doubt that they will be able to claim her lands soon, on account of multiple gods intent on taking on the orcs. "

" Melissa Nightcharm would be my second choice. If he is not daunted by her being a few years older, and having spent time at Agrippas court, he himself could contend for becoming royalty, instead of doing so for your grand children - as it would most likely be the case if he were to choose Chance "

Having said that, he saw his work as done. Should the father have no complaints or further questions, he would wish him farewell and travel on to Selma's Gate.

~

The talk with the Pirate Lords had turned decidedly in favour of the golden dragon, something that he was most joyous about - albeit he was sure not to show too much of his pleasant mood.

Auratus sunk into though for a few moments over Kells query, providing her with a somewhat blunt answer.
" First off, let me tell you that your offer is much appreciated indeed... But, if I am to become the guardian deity of this town, my temple can't be allowed to be second to any other. It also needs to have a special position – either far visible on elevated terrain, or accessible next to a prominent area of city life, like the main plaza, or the market. I fear it will need to be extravagant. " He sheepishly – well, as sheepishly as a dragon could ever do so – looked into the round that was gathered around him, before perking up.
" If that is too much right now, building a shrine on a prominent place, where many will be able to pass and see it, has to suffice for the time being. My main temple can wait until I have greater influence over the city. "

After hearing the old pirate speak, some slight chuckling was to be heard from the dragon. " You should know that dissuading someone from attacking volcano would not be in my interest, nor is it my intent to enslave anyone by brute strength. " Leaving the chuckle to fade, he continued in a more serious vein. " Very well, your plan will become your task then. Show them my wrath, and retrieve some of their abhorrent artefacts in my name. Be sure to do so under a flag which shows your new allegiance, and recommend doing so to your brethren. Agree to that, and I will make sure that it won't be your last raid. "

Auratus felt that he was unable to answer all of Rooks questions – if he were to carelessly accept gargoylekind as a whole, it could put the whole affair under a negative light,  or even worse, he could cheapen himself truly.
" I will not deny that pursuing riches is among my goals – but right now there are more important things you might do to gain my favour. First off, replace Telens Banner with one that would honour me instead. Secondly, until my return, you would be tasked with building and protecting the shrine. At that point I would hear the prayers you offer to me. As for your ambition of me accepting all of your kin as potential worshippers, well, I frankly don't think such favour should be granted all too lightly – also out of respect for your race. I will have to think about what would be an appropriate task for that matter. "

Should Scion agree to these terms, Auratus would tell him to stay behind.

"Now then, let us make sure that your brethren will be receptive of your words. Let me give you a small present of appreciation up front - I will trust that you won't disappoint me. "
Normally Auratus would tell the one he would bless to kneel in front of him - but was quite aware that the Dread Pirate would be unable to do so. Instead, he approached him, and placed one of his silver-clawed hands on top of the mortals head.

Auratus would use his Miracle to give new health to the Dread Pirate – not really making him younger, but prolonging his life due to new-found vigour.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2014, 09:43:26 am »

'Chell! You are an able sailor, and father taught me less of ships and sailing. I would ask for your eye and your advice in building a ship for a brave band of mortals. Something able to brave storms and the sea's dangers without harm, and to move with speed when the skies are settled. It would need to handle well in the hands of incompetents too, I suppose. Do I have your aid, little sister?'

This Malcome of House Skullcrest had not sounded so knowing of what he wished to embark upon, but Tulwor knew bravery was always a better boon than any length of preparation on a great journey or adventure.

Tulwor asks Chell's aid in constructing a ship for Malcome's expedition.

Chell pauses for a second, before agreeing to help, "Anything for kin," she declares before adding that "father himself will be stopping by later this month though... and his advice would be better still than mine."

"I can in good confidence tell you to avoid making a Galley like mine or father's, as the mundane ones are becoming obsolete, so it might be hard to find enough skilled oarsmen in this band of mortals of which you speak..." She first advises.

"In fact," she adds, "for the base design, I'd recommend either the Multian Misfit Sloop, which you see alot of in that fleet baring Telen's flag, or the standard Bellian War-Galleon, which makes up the entire fleet of Kiatown."

With a smile, the girl pats you on the shoulder, as she is too short to reach your shoulder or even your torso. "Of course I would be willing to watch over your construction, whatever you choose to build."

" Give the hand of your daughter Tanga to Vance Infelix. Offering some of his Bride Price would be sure to appease me, and most of the other gods which you might honour at your own discretion. The gold can easily support your whole family, and also aid your son in political endeavours. "

" For your daughter Thrift, I would think Durg Wildefair to be a good match. With the new pantheon here, the situation is bound to grow more stable, allowing for more trade and a bigger navy. The shipyard will become more important, and in turn, your family more influential. It will give you a stable income until then, and obviously also thereafter – not to speak of the bride herself. "

He paused slightly, looking into the direction of the young herald before continuing.
" For your son, I would like to have heard his own opinion on the matter, but seeing his current state I will recommend two of the candidates to him instead. "

" Chance Infelix would be a very good match. While your son certainly is not lacking in spirit, I doubt him to have any real experience in courtly matters. As she is most shrewd in that regard, they would compliment each other well where the other might be weak. I also have little doubt that they will be able to claim her lands soon, on account of multiple gods intent on taking on the orcs. "

" Melissa Nightcharm would be my second choice. If he is not daunted by her being a few years older, and having spent time at Agrippas court, he himself could contend for becoming royalty, instead of doing so for your grand children - as it would most likely be the case if he were to choose Chance "

Having said that, he saw his work as done. Should the father have no complaints or further questions, he would wish him farewell and travel on to Selma's Gate.

Messel smiles in relief. "Thank you so much for your aid and support, and thank you a million times again for returning my son. Once my he is up, I will present him with the two options you have chosen, and once he has made up his mind, I will write glad tiding to Durg and Vance, as well as the father of whichever bride Messel chooses."

As soon as those words leave his lips, you feel a surge of strange inner strength.

+1 Prayer Energy

When it becomes apparent that you intend to leave, the elder Messel rises, offers you a deep bow, and gets the door for you.

He slides the remaining letters across the table to you. "If it pleases you lord, look them over. My trust in this matter is in you completely."

As per Messels wish, Auratus looked over the different offers of betrothal. Most of them were good, some of them lacking, and others especially lacking. Hialarths offer, which would keep the younger Messel out of greater politics for a decade, was among the later. At the discovery of what Nightcharm would offer for the second daughter, he was quite irritated. It seemed he would have to voice his opinion on such artefacts openly. Obviously he did not plan on taking the letter into account either, but would take it with him instead.

After looking at the rest of the documents carefully, and much contemplation, he gave his decision.

~

The talk with the Pirate Lords had turned decidedly in favour of the golden dragon, something that he was most joyous about - albeit he was sure not to show too much of his pleasant mood.

Kell frowns and takes a moment or two for thought herself. "Unless you fear some of your fellow new gods trying to butt in, you will not have to get too extravagant to have the best in town. We can't even keep a general temple to the Pantheon standing and unlooted here, and the only other god with an individual temple is Tremmor the Barbarian Earth Father, and that temple is also predictably looted every time the pirate lord so insistant on keeping it standing is away, as he is now."

She closes her eyes, smirks, and shakes her head. "But by all means, do not let me talk you out of letting me get off with building you a relatively inexpensive shrine."

In response to your request Scion offers a deep frown. "The banner of ta Dread Pirates goes back 97 years, to when our predecessors sacked Corusu's Eye and broke house Riptide. We killed their king, and then took 'is crown and used it to crown his son in an elaborate coordination before we killed him too. We then did the same down the line of succession, and by the time all ta Riptides on the island 'ad been killed, we 'ad slaughtered 28 Bellian Kings and 22 Bellian Queens, making our band the first entity to spill the blood of 50 of Rexxis' beloved monarchs."

Scion glances at the ceiling and briefly gathers his courage before giving the dragon another brief and respectful look in the eyes. "I'd be loathe to part with ta symbol commemorating those events, and I know for a fact some o' my peers wouldn't stand for it at all. If, as implied by your endorsement of our attack on Volcano, you intend ta make holding a grudge against ta houses who fought against yer kin before time began yer busniess, and you wish to allow me ta great honor of serving you, I humbly propose that ya consider adopting our symbol as one of yers. If fits."

The dread pirate then flashes a large, sickening, smile revealing a mouth that has almost as many gold teeth as your own. "I'll tell ya what though. If ya are intent on having me carry some original symbol of yours while I do yer work, scratch it onta my flesh with yer claws. Make it deep enough ta scar. I will have the same predominantly branded onta my men."

The Gargoyle nods at your request. "That I can do. I'll go to the clothier, and request flags for my ships bearing the image of that ruby on your chest, it is the fabled Scarlet Mirror is it not?, on a background as stone gray as the stone flesh I share with your mother. I would implore you to not dally to long on your return if you are making me chief guard of your temple for a spell; Few pirates have patience for guard work, and I will be hemorrhaging men as long as I am forcing them to do so. Most of my crew are Bellian or common barbarian, and such creatures will not likely share my deep appreciation for the significance of your favor."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2014, 10:14:05 am »

'Nonsense, sister! Your advice will be just as good as Father's might be,' Tulwor boomed, patting the girl on the head for good measure. His touch could be surprisingly gentle when it needed to. 'The sloop would seem to be the best choice, aye. These mortals'll need something fast and nimble, though space in the hold too. Well, well...'

He looked into the distance for a moment, as if seeing the ship appearing from the midst of the dragon's storm. He turned to his adopted sister again.

'Say, Chell, what do you know of these different fleets? Particularly the one flying Fletchtania's banner?'

'And,' he said, face lighting up; anything for kin, 'are you happy here, in this dreary service, sister of mine? Is there anything you need?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2014, 10:49:34 am »

Chell grins at her brother's encouragement. "If the treasure is too much for a single sloop, then they will just have to make a second trip is all... and, depending on what the treasure is, even a small hold's worth could be plenty."

When asked about the fleets, Chell thinks long and deep. "I have not been here that long myself, but I know of tha dread pirates with the impaled skull on their flags. They held Corusu's Eye and dominated the sea until Selma thumped them. I hear they are cruel and wicked, but brave, at least in battle, and not beyond reason. I recognize Bane, the flagship of Scion, the second highest in rank in that black band, as one of the ships presently docked at Selma's gate. Don't get your hopes up for a good scrap though, He's 83 and no longer fit to be fighting his own battles."

She frowns when you mentions Fletchtania's banner. "Dad warned me 'bout that fleet, but he didn't say much. A woman named Kell is in command. She holds a grudge against Mortus for some reason he wouldn't share with me, and flies the banner of the survival Goddess, and worships her, as she is tha closest thing dad has to an enemy in the Pantheon. Father warns that she might do me ill if she finds out who I am..."

Chell's face suddenly morphs into one of abject horror and shame. "Oh. She's yer mother, isn't she... That could put ya in a terrible position... I am so sorry."

The girl's smile returns upon your last question. "I like sailing. I'm happy here. Father says the Bellians are finding other new worlds, and if Rexxis scheme to put a new Pantheon on this Island proves fruitful, I might get ta be a goddess somewhere myself some day. This isn't service for me; it is study and training."

Her smile then morphs into one that is slight and shy. "...I would like ya to teach me to fight some day... but dad says I should let myself grow some more before I put any serious effort into the large weapons you prefer to use."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2014, 11:03:58 am »

"Hmm...well I found dear Auratus in Selma's Gate sometime ago; quite the crowd around him. Even one of mother's gargoyle's was with him...although I'd guess that a golden dragon would obviously be well received in a town of pirates..."

"As for Tulwor...well I was just going to see his latest construct now. Seems he's built a training centre of some kind. He calls it the 'Crucible'. He's got someone going it through now."

Pausing for a bit, Ketemos queried. "Any news from Kiatown?"
"Really? Wonder what he was up to there. And yes," he said, grinning, "I suppose that's part of his plan for Sarah, his new hopefully-champion."

He thought for a moment before answering Ketemos' question.

"Hm, let's see. I met an elementalist nearly as strong as my sister down there." He gave a grin Ketemos could likely guess the meaning of. "Quite my type, though sadly she was in a hurry. Apparently there's several of them, but she's young and powerful so they had her bait me out to see what I'd do. Good strategy for handling unknown predators, I suppose."

He broke into laughter.

"Ahhh, but bitter of course. Risking your best isn't what I'd call a good long-term strategy. Or maybe... well, nevermind. Not your humor, eh?

Oh,"
he added, his face becoming more serious, "and ah... all of the heralds save Ux attended, or tried to anyway. Ux's wife wouldn't let him," he said with a smirk, "and poor Messel got mauled as soon as he arrived." He began laughing despite trying not to. "I'm going to have to make that up to him."

"Ah, but," he continued, becoming serious again. "Hialarth was there, and quite... well..." Pyrite furrowed his brow and pursed his lips, as though still pondering the situation himself. "She's using me to advance her position," he finally said with some concern, "Worries me slightly... the Mercedes aren't a bad choice, but I was still thinking that republic thing over."

He smiled somewhat sheepishly.

"Eh... though primarily because I thought it'd be easy to manipulate," he admitted.

The filth banisher sighs, and waits for the brothers to finish talking before dragging Pyrite away...

...After filling the tub with water, carefully instructing you on where to scrub, and gleefully listening to the explicit and juicy details of some of the festival's encounters, Vellia places her elbows on the edge of the tub and her chin in her cupped hands before offering you a smile that is shy and somewhat frightened and speaking softly. "So... Find anything for me to fail at hunting father?"
"I did!" he cooed back at her. He certainly didn't have the heart to insist she not call him 'father,' so he just took it as a more symbolic title. It fit aptly enough. "Unia worshipers crashed my party a little. I tried to get some of their names for you; don't know how clean they are, but the Goddess of Chastity's as good a bet as any. Getting them to betray their values might be extra fun.

Plus, they're delusional Unia worshipers. If things do go awry..."
He shrugged, smiling at her. "Well, only so much you can do with those anyway."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2014, 11:47:44 am »

'Sister, it would be my honor!' Tulwor said, his smile spreading so wide one would've thought his skin was about to break open from the strain. 'Aye, I suppose you'll need a bit of bulk yet to heft around something like Helmhammer here. Plenty of lighter weapons to go around too, though! How's your archery? Mother made sure I learned to shoot as well, and it would be no problem to craft you a bow and arrows. Then there are staffs, knives, and all those - there's no finer way to fight than up close and personal, of course.'

He shrugs at the girl's mention of the bad blood between his sires. 'I've never understood why they hold their grudges as they do. I doubt this woman will have any issue with me. And certainly I would fight her if she tried to harm you! Fear her not; face her with all pride, sister.'

---

Taking Chell along for her slightly-more-skilled eye, Tulwor found a spot by the shore of Rexxis Island, and began to build. Shipmaking was a complex art, Father had once said, and rushing about never did it any good. Chell evidently agreed, slowing Tulwor down and making him rethink when he aimed to go on while some section was still only hastily planned out. He was glad for her company regardless, their conversation sounding happily on the shore between the blows of his hammer and the crackle of divine energy.

He took the sloop as the base, but enlarged it, crafting two sails and a sizeable hold. The hull was black wood, the metal - where it was to be found - from his own forge. The sails furled open a brilliant white, unblemished by wear and tear, and Tulwor's hands fashioned a sculpted huntress with bow to serve as the figurehead.

Any fool could have made an ordinary ship, though. Under Tulwor's blows, the shining-black ship was imbued with great power, granting it swiftness and agility beyond any other - the union of the Master of Ships and the Huntress bearing fruit again, in a way. Those sails would carry it with speed even without wind, and Tulwor breathed into the strong wood almost a mind of its own, a spirit for new horizons and adventure felt by anyone stepping onboard, like the faintest scent of far-away shores. Weapons the craft bore little, at least for ship-to-ship combat, but a wide variety of harpoons and spears for the beasts Tulwor knew lurked in the ocean depths.

As he worked, Tulwor spoke to Chell once more; 'Almost a shame to give such a vessel to someone likely motivated by treasure alone. Perhaps she'll awaken a proper thirst for adventure in the man,' he said, and gestured at the thing taking shape before him. 'You shall name her, of course.'

He grinned and got back to the work, waiting for her decision.

---

Offer to teach Chell fighting with bow, quarterstaff, knives and such at any suitable time.

2 Miracles: Construct the as-of-yet-unnamed ship for Malcome's expedition. It shall be supernaturally fast and agile, move even without wind in its sails, and carry weapons and tools for fighting and capturing beasts and monsters. The ship possesses almost a mind of its own, eager to explore and adventure as Tulwor himself (by means such as subtly altering course when the captain isn't watching).

Interaction: Take the ship to Malcome after proper naming and all. Spend time among the people, celebrating and inspiring them to join the expedition with tales of my own adventures and the great fame and riches they yield. Take time to give instructions to Malcome.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:46:44 pm by Digital Hellhound »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2014, 11:51:45 am »

When it becomes apparent that you intend to leave, the elder Messel rises, offers you a deep bow, and gets the door for you.

Auratus took his time arriving at the harbour – the late evening already having turned into night by now. He was satisfied with his task, as he had served his own goals, while not failing the one who had prayed for assistance. Humouring a mortal might not be all that bad, at least once in a while. He also had the uplifting thought that doing so would lift him above most of the self-serving gods, at least on a moral level. Then again, comparing one self to the Bellian gods made for a meagre opponent, at least if one was a dragon. Humbling such thoughts, he soon signalled for Chell – only interrupted by the odd and ignored passer-by, and festival noises in the distance. Most likely Pyrites Festivities were still ongoing.

~

He smirked at the current de-facto leader of Selma's Gate. Little did she know what splendour his temple would be, but correcting her misconception was a small matter.
" You think a shrine to me would be letting you off cheap? If you have heard about the four gods which I was sent alongside with, you should know that the people are bound to turn to me for their wealth, and right would they be in doing so.  Me not trying to tax your good intentions is all there is to only wanting your help with the shrine. But you are right about one thing – I fully expect the other gods to disturb my plans, why, I would hold against any bet that Ketemos, if left alone, would try to make Selma's Gate into a Republic before the end of the year! " Erupting into roaring laughter, he took a few moments to regain his composure. " No, dear, I hope you see that I won't be satisfied by just any simple shrine – it also needs to do me justice. "

Hearing the dread pirate speak, the dragon also started to show a frown himself. " You really are trying my patience, are you not? Having said that... I do agree that your flag is not in bad taste – but adopting it as one of my symbols is not up for debate. " He stood up and slowly walked up to the old man. Without any comment, he grabbed the dominant arm of the pirate, and clawed the form of his ruby unto the back of the others hand. After returning to his seat, he spoke once more. " Be sure to let them taste my Ire. Reclaim what their bloodied hands are not worthy to hold, and I will show you my favour. "
Had Auratus originally planned to reward the pirate up front, he had squandered his chances in that regard. He would find another use for his remaining energies.

He offered a nod to the gargoyles speech, and after it was done, did so in turn. " Indeed, it is the Scarlet Mirror – after you have finished your guard, let us make sure that this new flag will be recognized and feared by all those who would stand against it. On the matter of my return, it will be most likely next month – unless more pressing matters need my attention elsewhere. Not very feasible, but possible. I will settle the matter of guards by then, and the shrine – should it turn out to be too much for Kell's good-will. "

At this point, he was ready to conclude this rather successful meeting, and return to Newbellum Castle. He was also rather interested in what the other gods had wrought by now. Well, maybe cautious of what the other gods had wrought would be more fitting – interested in their matters was he all the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2014, 02:11:48 pm »

'Sister, it would be my honor!' Tulwor said, his smile spreading so wide one would've thought his skin was about to break open from the strain. 'Aye, I suppose you'll need a bit of bulk yet to heft around something like Helmhammer here. Plenty of lighter weapons to go around too, though! How's your archery? Mother made sure I learned to shoot as well, and it would be no problem to craft you a bow and arrows. Then there are staffs, knives, and all those - there's no finer way to fight than up close and personal, of course.'

---

As he worked, Tulwor spoke to Chell once more; 'Almost a shame to give such a vessel to someone likely motivated by treasure alone. Perhaps she'll awaken a proper thirst for adventure in the man,' he said, and gestured at the thing taking shape before him. 'You shall name her, of course.'

He grinned and got back to the work, waiting for her decision.

---

Chell pauses in thought. "Quarterstaff might be fun to learn, I've heard tell o' mortals who have disarmed foes of seemingly more dangerous weapons with such a tool. Knives have a bad reputation as they are used by thieves an' assassins,  so I think I'd prefer a proper one handed sword if I were to pick up the blade... As for Archery, I'm affraid can't hit ta broadside of a Galleon at ten paces."

The girl giggles when invited to name the ship, before briefly falling silent. "Lets name it Corusu's Wing, as it will likely be tested by ta storm of its namesake. Makes sense to me anyway."

"I did!" he cooed back at her. He certainly didn't have the heart to insist she not call him 'father,' so he just took it as a more symbolic title. It fit aptly enough. "Unia worshipers crashed my party a little. I tried to get some of their names for you; don't know how clean they are, but the Goddess of Chastity's as good a bet as any. Getting them to betray their values might be extra fun.

Plus, they're delusional Unia worshipers. If things do go awry..."
He shrugged, smiling at her. "Well, only so much you can do with those anyway."

"Well, sounds like you found a game even I can't lose then,"[/i] she chuckles half heartedly, before cheering up abruptly. "Assuming Mortus' son doesn't take too long on that messy project of his, I should be able to clean up after him and have some time to spend in Kiatown afterwards."

The Filthbanisher listens as you list off the names. "That should be enough to keep me busy for awhile, both in terms of food and companionship. It would still be great if you could find me some other names though father, before they catch on that I'm exclusively hunting Unia's cult, but thanks alot for finding me what you did. I should have fun... or at least I'll try to."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2014, 02:23:48 pm »

Tulwor was busy hammering at a ship with Chell. Ketari approached them quietly.
"Blood of my blood." She called, barely a few steps behind the sweating god. "I wish to talk to you of the dragon."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2014, 02:27:17 pm »

Tulwor clapped a hand on Ketari's shoulder when she arrived. 'Aye, talk of what you wish! What's that beastly thing up to now?'

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2014, 02:40:20 pm »

"I hear the secrets of the birds, blood of my blood, and it seeks to turn the town of Selma's Gate against us and for itself.  To turn their backs on the Bellian gods, into the worship of a half-bird lizard. It should not stand. Gargoyles, killers of kings... he brings them to his banner, with barely a word. I distract, blood of my blood, and that is why I alone was not permitted to go and bring holy bloodshed to our people."

her voice had odd clarity, lacking most of the strident joy or rage found in the nature goddess. She spoke quietly, as to keep it out the ears of Chell.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »

Tulwor grunted. When he spoke, there was no attempt to keep his voice low. 'Roc's teeth! That lizard never struck me as particularly trustworthy. What do you suggest, though? Shall we battle the thing, sister of mine?'

He stroked Helmhammer, only moments ago engaged in the business of creation rather than destruction. His face twisted with anger.

'One of these pirates flies the banner of our mother! This... Kell, was it, Chell? - has so quickly forsaken her?'

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2014, 03:21:31 pm »

Tulwor's rage was infectious to the turbulent goddess, and her eyes seemed to glow."Aha! Yes, blood of my blood. No doubt together, we could devour the lizard-bird, but what if our betrayers fight with him? Too many, perhaps.

But I have magic and you a forge. Could create a dragon slayer, yes, and my secrets may bind his traitors to us for now."

She grinned, her face alight with a joy of the coming bloodshed. Her teeth were sharp.

"Ahhh... little sister Chell. Tell no one of this, yes? "

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2014, 03:34:17 pm »

Tulwor thudded his hammer into the sand.

'Bah! What is this 'dragonslayer' you propose? Would it not be simpler to challenge the dragon when it arrives, and meet it in honest battle? We make him bow and stop this nonsense; that should be the end of it.'

The dragon seemed to be a nuisance, though. Perhaps they'd kill it and be done with it, then. The battle could be very pleasing, regardless of the outcome.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39