Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51588 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 07:17:20 am »

Ketari made a sound of agreement. "Yes, blood of my blood, we should investigate. And destroy the fleet of the wretched harpy-worshippers, or at least enlighten them, yes?

I was hoping to have any captured orcs, and make them hunt the bird-women in my name.

This event of the corpses being mangles - why, that would fit my talents. If I whisper to a mouse to watch and listen... they can always get into the small spaces. And despite my grace I am strong."
She giggled.  "Maybe even the strongest of all us young gods. "
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2014, 08:34:17 am »

Rising from the depths of his artificial cave - its expanses right now still understocked in terms of treasure - Auratus made his way to the prayer glass, more or less ignoring any commotion that may or may not have been there at that moment. Most of the requests struck him as... less godly than he would have imagined.

After some pondering he decided - The vengefull spirit which the young herald had shown by dragging those harpies to death with himself, was rather commendable, if not promising, and he could also use this chance to get a better picture of the political climate within kiatown.

Later on, maybe doing the same in Selma's Gate could also prove adventageous for him, or so he hoped at least.

Noticing that the exchange between Tulwor and Pyrite had grown rather silent for a few moments, the dragon could not help drone in, his words dripping with ill-veiled sarcasm. " And here I thought good Tulwor was against scheming, but it seems this was either a slip of his tongue, or I must remember it wrong... "

Drawing closer, his mocking grin reduced to one of amusement, especially as he quizzed the blue giant; " Now then, should I take heed about what I say in your presence, on behalf of your actions not seeming to match your words? "

~

Mingle openly with the high-society of Kiatown for a few days, getting to know them, an overview of who is who and influential families. Advise Messel and his family according to these results, placing most emphasis on how stable the wealth or power of the suitors seems to be, and their general character. Might is not everything after all - at least for mortals.

Later on, Grant the Pirate Lords of Selma's Gate an Audience with yourself truly, with the Dread Pirate being of the greatest interest. Talking tack with them ought to do the trick - If he were to offer them his boons and power, what would they give him in return? Maybe playing them against each other could also do wonders. His presence and raw strength could easily change how that place would be run - or by whom.

Edit: Misunderstood something, Changed accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:49:09 pm by escaped lurker »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2014, 12:04:10 pm »

Pyrite tapped his chin a few times, thinking.

"Hm. I suppose you're right, unless this new republic intends to be founded on promiscuity. Well! Good thing I'm about to work on that, isn't it?

Speaking of which, I'll be heading to the corpse pit after all. Also an orgy. Greedy of me, I know, but everything here sounds so interesting.

Maybe next month I'll see about getting you some real food. Or you could slip out and get it yourself, I presume. Being fed isn't as fun as hunting, but condemned prisoners are likely easier to find here than isolated prey."

Veilia offers a slight smile and follows. "Sounds like good not-so-clean fun. You'll have to tell me all about it over your bath."

She pauses in consideration. "Do keep an eye open for me. Scout meat and talent at the party, if you would be so kind. I may have trouble with my end game, but I do enjoy the rest of the hunt. When I do slip out, however, it will only be for short spans of time... Nobody else here can keep things tidy in my absence... so I would like to have and objective in mind before I set out for such fun."

As you approach the lookout, and it becomes clear where you are going, the Filthbanisher looses her nerve. "Errmm... I should go get the mop. You gods have been trampling all over the prayer room chamber after all..."

Either her neurosis has gotten even worse during her stay in the Starless Tower, or she merely has no wish to deal with the dragon.

Answering Mikkia's prayer, and hoping it would work out for the best, Ketemos approached his half-sister on his accursed father's side. He remembered to bring along a few scrolls just in case the girl was open to a few teachings.

He found her by the jetty, tending to her ship. Amazing how such a young child could command a vessel. Even for a semidivine!. Ketemos approached slowly, ensuring that the girl heard his approach, although she probably would have anyway.

"Not too busy I presume Chell?"

"I'm just making preparations now sir. I should be ready to set sail within the half hour, if ya have a destination in mind, and would like the honor of being passenger on this galley's maiden voyage." She offers you a wide smile, "Think not of the storm, it will be trivial to me sir. Nothing will stand between ya and your hearts desires!"

Just those brief remarks seem to betray the girl's story. She has clearly picked up some of Mortus' accent, and her rhetoric of liberty and bravado could have only come from spending an extended time with Abbey. If she had suffered though, she had either gotten over it, or is hiding it well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2014, 01:10:22 pm »

With the other gods starting to chime in, Pyrite thought back to his quarters. He'd had Clammor fashion them into something of an ominous pleasure den; the walls were black metal with organic shapes and a segmented motif, with soft red carpets and silks everywhere else. The left wall on entering had a grate for a floor and several chains ending in neck-manacles bolted to the wall; its purpose was not hard to deduce. Further back the grate gave way to a raised counter, large enough to contain a lavish nonliving feast.

The right wall featured a bubbling pool whose temperature and temperament could be controlled, while the far wall rose into terraces of soft beds. Tiny metal cages dangled by chains from the ceiling, each set with a crystal that gave off a controllable quality of light- anything from a sultry low red to a blinding, clinical white. Tiny alcoves dotted the walls, serving as shelves.

It was very comfortable, though sadly empty at the moment. He felt slightly awkward comparing it to Ketemos' study, packed with knowledge rather than silks, but he didn't think he'd want to dwell in a library himself. Much as he craved knowledge, he felt this suited him much better as a lair.

"I was hoping to have any captured orcs, and make them hunt the bird-women in my name.
Pyrite laughed. "Well then, it seems we have our first commodity!"

This event of the corpses being mangles - why, that would fit my talents. If I whisper to a mouse to watch and listen... they can always get into the small spaces. And despite my grace I am strong."[/color][/glow] She giggled.  "Maybe even the strongest of all us young gods. "
"Hm... I should very much like to meet this corpse-stealer, but truth be told I'd be glad to let you search for it; I've entirely too much to do as is." He smiled. "Do let me know if you find it."

Pyrite raised an eyebrow at Auratus' needling of Tulwor; as far as he could tell he was the one doing all the scheming here. Still, he figured the giant could answer for himself, and Auratus seemed less than interested in him. He tried to suppress a snicker, wondering if that was because the dragon couldn't expect any less of him.

Veilia offers a slight smile and follows. "Sounds like good not-so-clean fun. You'll have to tell me all about it over your bath."

She pauses in consideration. "Do keep an eye open for me. Scout meat and talent at the party, if you would be so kind. I may have trouble with my end game, but I do enjoy the rest of the hunt. When I do slip out, however, it will only be for short spans of time... Nobody else here can keep things tidy in my absence... so I would like to have and objective in mind before I set out for such fun."
Pyrite smiled. "Certainly! Any preferences?"

As you approach the lookout, and it becomes clear where you are going, the Filthbanisher looses her nerve. "Errmm... I should go get the mop. You gods have been trampling all over the prayer room chamber after all..."
"Hah, can't blame you. But he's a permanent resident and he's got a nice view, I figure I should pay him a visit now and then."

With that, he resumed the ever-so-pleasant trek to the lookout, wondering how powerful a telescope would have to be to let him see the standards of Selma's Gate from there.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2014, 01:11:01 pm »

Tulwor's expression brightened considerably as Pyrite reached the end of his tale, only to darken at the dragon's unwelcome intervention. 'Away with you, beast! Go back into the pit that spawned you and leave honest gods to their work!' he roared, Helmhammer quick in his grasp.

With difficulty, he forced his attention back to Pyrite. 'Aye, I like the sound of some that you say. An arena would be a good place indeed to have. Oh, perhaps we'll even lure those Orcish gods down to test their mettle against us. That'd be a day to remember.'

He paused once again. Some of it had been good... but other things the god had said had sounded... wrong. There was the feel of a scheme to this, but dwelling on it overtly much would be wearying, Tulwor decided. Likely the dragon was simply unpleasant, or perhaps jealous of their strength. Pyrite had said many pleasant things about Tulwor, and quite rightly so. He smiled as he spoke again.

'This arena could be good place for any who would follow me, Bellian, Barbarian or Orc. What a god like you would do with it is beyond me, but aye, we could work together at this place, share it among us. Yes, I agree, Pyrite, son of the Devourer. Let us build this great place of champions.'

'I would still seek and test this Sarah myself. If she succeeds, I shall make her great. She could very well be the first of our champions.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2014, 02:01:58 pm »

Ketari retired to her chambers briefly, hoping to meet that day-leech. A strange creature, to ignore it's nature.

The walls of her chambers were almsot overed with living tree and creepers. Crystals glowed like tiny suns from wall sconces and golden chandiliers in a sort of overgrown glory. Numeroud trees had been grown into living cages, with birds big and small trapped inside. As she passed they hid their faces in fear. Smaller creatures moved underfoot, occasionally leaping on another and biting into the meat. In the realm of Ketari, the strong ate the weak. A tiny skull crunched under her foot. In the centre of the room as a great pile of cushions, and no creature dared to go near the throne of the Eater of Birds. A few chests, full of whatever had caught her eye, were almost hidden in the undergrowth. What resembled a spring bubbled out the wall into a natural looking pool, the water cold and clear.

"Dennis!" She called. "Attend to me!"

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2014, 02:14:51 pm »

Tulwor's expression brightened considerably as Pyrite reached the end of his tale, only to darken at the dragon's unwelcome intervention. 'Away with you, beast! Go back into the pit that spawned you and leave honest gods to their work!' he roared, Helmhammer quick in his grasp.

The dragons amusement rose - the only full-blooded god in attendance really seemed to be just as he presumed. Simple-minded. Wrathfull. Useable. " Oh my, so aggressive? Seems like I hit close enough to the truth to hit a nerve. " Smiling ever broadly at having achieved his goal, Auratus decided not to ruffle the gods non-existant feathers further, and got ready to leave the room.

" Well then, I will leave you to your honest and godly scheming, while watching my words, and most certainly not divulging my intent of enjoying a draconic chat on the lookout. " Throwing a mischievous wink at the Pyrite, and he was on his way to do so, suppressing some fits of chuckling along the way. Which he did rather badly - one may presume intentional.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2014, 02:40:20 pm »

Pyrite smiled. "Certainly! Any preferences?"

"Hah, can't blame you. But he's a permanent resident and he's got a nice view, I figure I should pay him a visit now and then."

With that, he resumed the ever-so-pleasant trek to the lookout, wondering how powerful a telescope would have to be to let him see the standards of Selma's Gate from there.

The filthbanisher shrugs, "I'd prefer prey be small, and pleasure keep a clean house... although that last one may be hard to discern about somebody at one of your shindigs. Beyond that, make sure that the pleasure is nobody you would miss... That way when I screw up, it wont be costly."

Her voice trails off, seemingly sapped of confidence. She she merely nods when you dismiss her by speaking of the dragon, and takes her leave.

The Telescopes at the lookout are very good. You suspect that you would be able to see the standards flying in the harbor at Selma's Gate if it wasn't for the fact that it was separated from the open sea by a thin strip of swampy jungle. With diligence or dedication, however, you should have no problem eventualy catching sight of ships as they enter of leave... but diligence would be difficult here with a dragon constantly insulting you, and describing the many terrible things he would do if he could.

Ketari retired to her chambers briefly, hoping to meet that day-leech. A strange creature, to ignore it's nature.

The walls of her chambers were almsot overed with living tree and creepers. Crystals glowed like tiny suns from wall sconces and golden chandiliers in a sort of overgrown glory. Numeroud trees had been grown into living cages, with birds big and small trapped inside. As she passed they hid their faces in fear. Smaller creatures moved underfoot, occasionally leaping on another and biting into the meat. In the realm of Ketari, the strong ate the weak. A tiny skull crunched under her foot. In the centre of the room as a great pile of cushions, and no creature dared to go near the throne of the Eater of Birds. A few chests, full of whatever had caught her eye, were almost hidden in the undergrowth. What resembled a spring bubbled out the wall into a natural looking pool, the water cold and clear.

"Dennis!" She called. "Attend to me!"

It takes a few minutes, but Dennis eventualy limps into the room. He has taken up using a walking stick since you last saw him about the castle a few days ago. Clearly his starvation was becoming more advanced.

"I am here Ketari. Your humble servant awaits your commands and your wisdom... and is ready to share his own knowledge if his goddess requests it."

The dragons amusement rose - the only full-blooded god in attendance really seemed to be just as he presumed. Simple-minded. Wrathfull. Useable. " Oh my, so aggressive? Seems like I hit close enough to the truth to hit a nerve. " Smiling ever broadly at having achieved his goal, Auratus decided not to ruffle the gods non-existant feathers further, and got ready to leave the room.

" Well then, I will leave you to your honest and godly scheming, while watching my words, and most certainly not divulging my intent of enjoying a draconic chat on the lookout. " Throwing a mischievous wink at the Pyrite, and he was on his way to do so, suppressing some fits of chuckling along the way. Which he did rather badly - one may presume intentional.

Pyrite, perhaps having discovered some quicker route through the castle, beats you to the lookout. You find Corusu in the middle of telling the order in which he would like to remove the half god's organs, but the Ancient storm dragon falls silent again as soon as he spots you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2014, 03:10:34 pm »

'This arena could be good place for any who would follow me, Bellian, Barbarian or Orc. What a god like you would do with it is beyond me, but aye, we could work together at this place, share it among us. Yes, I agree, Pyrite, son of the Devourer. Let us build this great place of champions.'

'I would still seek and test this Sarah myself. If she succeeds, I shall make her great. She could very well be the first of our champions.'
Pyrite grinned gleefully. "Excellent! And isn't it obvious? Once one has tested themselves, what else is there to do but surpass the results? Oh, and mighty warriors do have a tendency to be rather attractive; I may be more popular for other reasons than you'd expect.

Ah, but down to business. I say we carve it from the stone of the pass, but that would place it beyond the besieging Orcs. I suspect they would allow competitors through and avoid profaning the place, but I certainly cannot swear to that. We could begin immediately and see what comes, or I could look into it further. And of course, if you have better plans for its location, by all means say so."

He gave a short nod, almost a bow.

"And in that case, I shall reluctantly leave Sarah to you and you alone."

Pyrite, perhaps having discovered some quicker route through the castle, beats you to the lookout. You find Corusu in the middle of telling the order in which he would like to remove the half god's organs, but the Ancient storm dragon falls silent again as soon as he spots you.
Pyrite glanced with subdued curiosity at the two. It was bizarre to him how they seemed to despise everyone but each other; perhaps due to the history between Bellian gods and Bellian dragons, or perhaps something more innate. It idly occurred to him that he'd never sampled dragon; he wondered how distinct their flesh was, and in what ways.

"By the way," he said conversationally, taking advantage of the silence and looking nonchalantly through a telescope, "What's your preferred food?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2014, 03:34:39 pm »

Pyrite glanced with subdued curiosity at the two. It was bizarre to him how they seemed to despise everyone but each other; perhaps due to the history between Bellian gods and Bellian dragons, or perhaps something more innate. It idly occurred to him that he'd never sampled dragon; he wondered how distinct their flesh was, and in what ways.

"By the way," he said conversationally, taking advantage of the silence and looking nonchalantly through a telescope, "What's your preferred food?"

Slightly surprised to see the god in attendance, Auratus couldn't help but give his annoyance room with a sigh, but seemed genuinely surprised by the query - if for a moment.

"Bellian God!", he spat out, returning to more civil conduct a moment later " - or so I hear. They seem very palatable, at least according to my mother, who had the undeniable pleasure of getting her fangs into the rare newcomer that was foolhardy enough to enter her domain with a challenge in mind..." Emphasizing his words with a nod, and looking at the other a bit too intently, the dragon licked his lips in a most theatrical manner, the intent of which one should easily be able to deduce. If Pyrite would have the decency to look at the partner of his conversation, that is. Else he would most likely exchange a glance towards the other dragon in attendance. Actually, he would do so either way.

Dispelling the mockery, he suddenly turned serious, giving a query of his own. "Would that be all? I would like it very much to honour one who is my elder and of my kin in privacy... "

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2014, 03:39:32 pm »

When Dennis arrived, Ketari was busy. In her cupped hands was a tiny bird, trembling pathetically. She was whispering to it, and it chirped occasionally. She listened, and grinned. The bird burst into the air, but she lunged forward, her mouth gaping, and closed on the little bird.
Crunch.
The tips of it's wings bounced to the floor, a few downy feathers drifting down. She chewed for a few seconds in silence, eyes closed, only the stream burbling across the stone slabs of the floor. She opened her eyes, the impossible green-blue almost shining. She dove right in to her questions.

"Ah, Dennis, faithful one! Tell me, how do you get that which you need? The blood?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2014, 04:16:03 pm »

"Bellian God!", he spat out, returning to more civil conduct a moment later " - or so I hear. They seem very palatable, at least according to my mother, who had the undeniable pleasure of getting her fangs into the rare newcomer that was foolhardy enough to enter her domain with a challenge in mind..." Emphasizing his words with a nod, and looking at the other a bit too intently, the dragon licked his lips in a most theatrical manner, the intent of which one should easily be able to deduce. If Pyrite would have the decency to look at the partner of his conversation, that is. Else he would most likely exchange a glance towards the other dragon in attendance. Actually, he would do so either way.
Rather than being put off, Pyrite grinned in response.

"Wouldn't surprise me. There tends to be a connection between flesh's quality for one thing and another, and I'm familiar enough with the one thing to know they tend to be nice indeed. Do you have much experience with that sort of thing?" he asked, clearly enjoying the question entirely too much.

Dispelling the mockery, he suddenly turned serious, giving a query of his own. "Would that be all? I would like it very much to honour one who is my elder and of my kin in privacy... "
He seemed genuinely surprised by this, and took a moment to glance between the two before cracking another smile.

"Is that so? And here I was hoping to see the elusive conversation between dragons. Is it true you actually talk to each other, instead of just spewing bile until the other party becomes exhausted?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2014, 04:46:47 pm »

"No need to be calling me 'sir' Chell; we're family...even if only by our common father."

"Speaking of which, how well do you know father? Has he been treating you good? Or perhaps you consider dear old Mortus more as a father?"

He wondered if Abbey had ever raised a child responsibly...probably brought her gifts and left her to fend for herself...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:04:25 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2014, 05:10:08 pm »

Rather than being put off, Pyrite grinned in response.

"Wouldn't surprise me. There tends to be a connection between flesh's quality for one thing and another, and I'm familiar enough with the one thing to know they tend to be nice indeed. Do you have much experience with that sort of thing?" he asked, clearly enjoying the question entirely too much.

Auratus took some moments to answer, mainly because he felt the need to gauge just how serious the god before him was. Then again, it was the son of Black Carapace, so maybe that much was to be expected.

" I can't say that I have acquired a taste for godly flesh, nor am I experienced with - as you put it - " that sort of thing " ", he sighed, obviously not as keen on this conversation as the half-breed. " Should you ever get your hands on godly flesh, and offer me the same, I would hardly refuse. In case that is what you are asking, implying, or even offering. Else my interests are more... practically minded. "

He seemed genuinely surprised by this, and took a moment to glance between the two before cracking another smile.

"Is that so? And here I was hoping to see the elusive conversation between dragons. Is it true you actually talk to each other, instead of just spewing bile until the other party becomes exhausted?"

The Dragon could not help but smirk at that remark, even deeming it worth some banter of his own. " Hah! You may never know..."

Letting his slight grin pan out, he resumed his normal demeanour. " Your new lap-dog is far easier to handle than you yourself, I will admit that much. Now, I hope this satisfies you, else I will have to repeat my previous request. "

Auratus took that as his cue to draw away from the god and closer towards the dragon, seemingly deeming the conversation to be over.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 06:11:46 pm »

Pyrite smirked. Seemed like he respected hostility a bit... made sense, as far as he'd seen.

"Heh. Yes, I suppose that's all," he said, giving the slightest bow to Auratus before taking his leave. "Though you might want to try it sometime. It can be relaxing," he added over his shoulder on his way out.

He spent the walk back to the prayer room pondering the dragon's words. It was, he supposed, a bizarre situation for him- a long-dead, long-humiliated, powerful and experienced member of "his kind," bound in slavery to the spawn of its conquerors. He wondered exactly what kind of kinship he felt with the creature- what he knew of dragons put them in a decidedly different category from most other beings.

Of course, for that matter he wondered exactly what the storm dragon's take on this situation was. Clearly the beast was unhappy, to put it mildly, but he hadn't really managed to gain any more insight than that. Presumably the creature was exceedingly proud, but even that didn't wholly explain its current vitriol; he was likely quite bitter or vengeful as well, but again that didn't warrant his current behavior on its own. He thought it most telling that the dragon stopped in the presence of its ilk, though- it seemed to imply its tirades were unimportant and distracting next to keeping an eye on its kin, or perhaps even a sign of weakness, like screaming too much at vermin.

He resumed staring at the prayer orb, thoughts wandering. He was tempted to find his sister again, but didn't think he had much to talk about; mostly, he wanted to find some prey for her so she could keep working at it. He'd seen the vampire hobbling off to the Bird-Eater's room, so he probably wasn't available. That left the little one, who might know something of pirates, and the fat one, who might know something of barbarians.

He eventually opted for the latter, tracking down the castle's chef.

"Oinkiny? I've a few questions for you. Where do you get your food, does Corusu eat, how often does my sister bother you about messes, and do you have any insights into our current situation?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39