Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51632 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #420 on: September 04, 2014, 02:16:49 pm »

Ketari hissed in frustation and threw the artefact cloak aside, the skull clacking on the stone tiles. A nervous gull hopped in throw the window, and she listened, irritated. She dismissed it with a wave of a slim hand and sighed.

"Ah... it seems I will have not much queendom left by the time this is done. Pah!"

She wondered if the presence of the blood of her blood in the coming battle would make the orc gods take action... the kidnapping of chell, it seemed, had been a direct challenge, with her dropped off at this 'Grand Area'. One of the dragon gods of the orcs seems like it had no stomach for a fight... the 'floating plant matter' may well be her lovely Barkers.

She growled, pulling a wren from a cage before crushing it in her fist, letting the pulp and blood drip into her mouth before she tossed the corpse aside.Luck had not been with them, it seemed. Monsters and traitors. Once more, pah! If they had feathers she'd eat the lot of them.

Deciding on a course of action, she scrabbled through the various cabinets half- sunk into the wooden walls, eventually finding some parchment and ink. Quickly, in a untidy hand, she scribbled down the essence of what she'd leaned about the orcs - that a second host was raised and would be used to flank the Kiatown army - before pausing. She hissed in indecision, wavering between going herself or not - before finishing the letter and summoning her barkers with a sharp whistle. It told Tulwor she'd ordered the Barkers to obey his commands and not attack the Kiatown army soldiers.

Those too had been slightly disappointing - the previous month's batch had been small and scrawny, barely larger than ferreting dogs, rather than the warhound sized beasts she'd first created. Ah, well.

"Listen," She commanded, and they pricked their ears up. "We travel to Kiatown. Kill the orcs! Kill the pirates that betrayed us. Follow my blood's commands! I shall be watching. Kill not the Kiatown armoured-ones. Shed blood in my name!"

Interaction: Travel with the Barkers to the Kiatown beach. Ketari herself only enters the battle if it is on the verge of defeat, otherwise remaining out of sight, but the Barkers enter from the start, and assist Tulwor as much as they are able.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 05, 2014, 09:42:27 pm »

"It would be best to discuss our business in a more befitting place, yes. Lead on."

Walking with Tonk to his house, Ketemos asked the man a question simply to break the ice and perhaps to remedy his curiosity. What did a pirate need an earth elementalist for? Surely not one Ketemos would approve of.

"I see I'm not the only man out looking for an elementalist. I'm assuming that business has been busy? I'd never expect a sea-captain to require the services of a man in your trade."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 06, 2014, 01:24:06 pm »

"Eh. I do simple stuff for them. Shape stone into cannonballs and grapeshot. Sometimes patch up whatever constructs they keep around. Most of my work, though, is appraising and repairing the artifacts they tend to get their hands on." Tonk offers a shrug.

"I actually was an academic expert on several non-bellian gods and Pantheons before I became an elementalist. Divine knowledge of the divine, plus the ability to scan minerals to determine makeup, makes me a great appraiser of rare things."

He leads you into his house, and you can't help but be impressed by Tonk's large and well organized collection of literature, minor artifacts, and gizmos, many of which you do not even recognize. "You would be the first Bellian I've had inside in quite some time. Most of your lot, no offense, prefer to remain secure in their assumption that they are more intelligent and cultured than any Barbarian. Please, have a seat, and let me know how I may help you."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 06, 2014, 04:07:30 pm »

Combat for this turn!

Pyrite:

You flee from the river, clawing at your head and torso, trying to remove whatever unseen object has latched onto you! You travel about fifty meters, before your strange assailant finds some way to anchor itself to something, causing you to trip and fall. As you struggle to get up, you feel some great force enter your body through your ears and mouth, and then experience a brief agonizing headache before passing out...

You come to several days later in the same spot, seemingly unharmed. As you dust yourself off and head back home, however, you hear a strange background noise inside your own head. As you focus on this static, your powers of translation kick in, revealing it to be some sort of conversation.

"No... Master... I'm telling you! This one is good! Not only are his goals and beliefs the sort that match up well with ours, but he is worshiped as a god by the brown haired ones as well... I've applied the usual changes, but this isn't some dumb verile goon. We shouldn't treat him as such."

"How is he to be used, then? If not in the usual way? You walk on several thin universes here. I have little patience for your failures..."

"At best, he can be an ally. At worst, we can likely drag him back to me, and I can scrap his free will completely, and use him as a puppet who just happens to be divine. I've left a one way com channel in his mind, so he can listen in to my discussions when I want him to. I will have him used in the usual way for starters, give him time to get used to us, and then see where we stand..."

"That is acceptable. Do not fail me again Aibiiiishopothq. You are near the point where you are worth more to me as a meal than a minion. If you screw this one up, The Pits Of Docoq'lim will be well fed. Now if you excuse me, I must get back to my business. Don't bug me about your petty captures again."

The static shifts and fades, until only the first voice can be heard in your head. "Well... Perhaps I shouldn't have turned the one way com link on too soon. You are up right? I'm not quite familiar enough with Brown Haired One brains to know for sure... I am Aibiiiishopothq, Sorry about the rough handling; I lack the means to communicate with beings that exist entirely on your plane, unless I get in their head, and at that point, I might as well just make the changes I want to make anyway. Nothing major; Just left us a backdoor to control your mind brought about by emotional lows, and modified your seed and procreative drive so that you will spread our ichor with your blood. But don't worry about it, just go about your business as normal, an let us transcend mortals beyond their universe and mortality..."

You have suffered an Utter Failure in Combat!
+New Malus: Horizion Seeder
+New Malus: Horizion Actions

The Ambush at Beach Pass!

Tulwor gives the command to push through the new Orcish force in an attempt to pin them against the wall! The Bellians quickly respond, but in a panicked and somewhat disorderly fashion; Most of the new siege engines are left behind!

Despite this poor start, it seems as if the Bellians may have their way regardless. A flock of Ketari's barkers swoop in to attack the Orcish Siege Force, providing enough of a distraction to prevent them from imeadiately attacking the Bellian rear. Wild Red's pirates also choose not to commit too deeply to a direct attack against the Bellian's either; Once they get out of range of his cannons, the Pirate Lord orders most of his men back to the ships, so that they may be maneuvered back into range.

With the other enemy forces out of the way, the 1st Kiatown Army begins to make progress against the smaller Orcish Host between them and their city. The battle is bloody, but with superior numbers and assistance from their god, the Bellians begin to push the force that had intended to flank them into a position where they themselves are pinned between the Army and the City Walls; Sadly, the Kiatown Garrison, perhaps paralyzed by the recent death of their military command, and perhaps under orders not to leave their post, provide little help save for some largely inaccurate fire from their longbows and balistas.

In spite of their best efforts, however, the 1st Kiatown Army fails to decisively defeat their targeted foe before the other hostile hosts deal with their distractions and begin to move in. The Barkers, although fierce and in possession of the advantage of flight, are more hunters than disciplined fighters. As they kill Orcs, they begin to drag them away from the battlefield to feed, and eventually none of the remain in the fight. Free from further airborne oppression, the larger Orcish Force launches a brutal attack on the Bellian rear, reducing the heads of Bellian soldiers to bloody pulps with their massive war-hammers.

Wild Red, meanwhile, manages to get his fleet back into firing position, and begins to rain cannonballs and grapeshot onto the 1st Kiatown Army. The pirate lord himself leads a large number of his men onto the beach once more, and seems intent on personally challenging Tulwor before a small band of Bellian Soldiers, intent on having the honor of killing the Pirate Lord themselves, cut him off. For his own part, Tulwor reluctantly decides that his might is better used attacking the Orcs than attempting to duel an already occupied enemy leader.

The Pirate's fleet, however, seems somewhat less straightforward and honorable than its lord. Several minutes after they start firing, somebody gives to order to focus their shots on Tulwor. The Giant God, knowing full well that a cannonball would be more than enough to harm him, manages to bat a few back at the fleet with Helmhammer, and to doge a few more, before the focus fire becomes overwhelming and he is driven from the battlefield.

Seeing the situation is dire, Ketari decides to swoop in and get involved with the fight herself! As she approaches the battle, however she spots her brother fleeing cannon fire, and to her dismay, notices a cannonball heading straight at him from a blind angle! Heroicly, the bird eater dives, assumes her woman form, and takes the blast for Tulwor. Her left arm is promptly blown off, and the blow stuns her so badly that several more cannonballs are able to find her and inflict serious damage before her brother can return the favor, and haul her to saftey.

With their gods out of the picture, and the Garrison not providing any real help, the first Kiatown Army is faced with an unwinable situation. They fight valiantly, but the combined Orcish and Pirate forces kill or capture them down to the last man within sight of their own city walls!

The Enemy has Prevailed!
The first Kiatown Army has suffered an Utter Defeat, and has been destroyed!
The Orcish Siege Force has captured the Bellian Seige Engines, and has moved up to the walls of Kiatown!
The New Force has moved into the jungle, and has begun capturing the Bellian Farms and settlements outside of the city walls!
Wild Red has returned his fleet to Selma's Gate to mop up what is left of Meltip's Fleet, Sell Captured Bellians into slavery, and likely regroup and prepare for an attack on Kiatown!
Kiatown is now facing naval blockcade, AND bombardment and seige from the Orcs. Moral is low, and people will begin starving soon unless somebody finds a way to supply them with food.
New Malus for the 1st Barker Pack: Fondness of Orcish Blood!
New Malus for Tulwor: Shameful Defeat!
Ketari's humanoid form has been greviously wounded! She is stuck in the hated form for the next month while she her woman-body recovers, and is as such unable to properly sit the throne or perform any action that requires fine manipulation of objects next turn!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 06, 2014, 06:15:15 pm »

Pyrite groaned in frustration, tugging at his hair. First the fiasco at the beach, now he had been twisted by a being he knew nothing about and couldn't speak to. Wonderful.

The only silver lining was that the being on the other end of his head apparently couldn't afford to screw up. That meant it'd be dangerous and desperate if he tried to throw it off entirely, but hopefully civil and cautious if he was willing to partially play along. In an absolute best-case scenario, this might even be a beneficial occurrence...

Needless to say, any hint of optimism about the situation went right out the window on his return to Kiatown. His shoulders sagged as he surveyed the damage- he'd known defeat was possible with his plan, and knew that under a worst-case scenario, this war might turn to defending the walls of Kiatown. He hadn't been expecting such a situation to come from his plan being countered before it could begin, though. This was an utter, crushing defeat on a scale he simply hadn't thought about.

It was a long ride back to Newbellum Castle.

-

The first thing Pyrite did on returning was flop into his quarters for a while. The second thing he did, other than laying relatively still, was to get up with a groan and go see Oinkiny.

"Oinkiny," he started, sounding a little tired, "How are you doing? My apologies for that fiasco on the beach."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2014, 07:45:06 pm »

Oinkiny is found sitting in his chair, bandaged up from the earlier blast. He seems to have been drinking. "Yeah... that could have turned out better. Didn't go very well. Need a drink or something? I could go for some Mead or Wine 'bout now. Blowing somebody up in a feckin stragety meeting... where do these sickos come up with stuff like that. Sure didn't end well for us. Are you feeling okay?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 06, 2014, 08:24:11 pm »

"After that incident, I was attacked by a Horizon Being who appears to have altered me to be more susceptible to control and to sire partially Horizon spawn. I came back from that to discover that in addition to its leadership being destroyed, the First Kiatown Army has been crushed completely and Orcs and pirates are sieging our walls. I feel fairly confident in stating that everything that could have gone wrong did."

He let out a long sigh. "But I'm sure I'll recover somehow. Any alteration can be undone if you understand it well, Mortus might be willing to sell me back the leaders, and Kiatown is still fortified and has five angry gods defending it." He let out another sigh, this one much slower, angrier, and more deliberate as it passed between his bared teeth. "Wild Red, the Orcs, and their gods will all regret this."

He waited a moment before continuing.

"Speaking of which, that's one of the reasons I came to see you. Kiatown's running out of food, which is something of your specialty. How many people do you think you could feed over a long period of time, if you were so inclined?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 06, 2014, 08:39:09 pm »

Deciding that no answer must mean yes, the Barbarian Pig produces a tankard, and materializes a strong beer or ale like beverage inside of it before handing it to you. "Sheesh. Shounds like you need a drink mate. And I can help you with the feeding of the Kiatown. I've done bigger cities. I can help you. I don't like working hard an' long, but if you blow me up, I am gonna go out of my way to spite you."

He leans back. "I'll need a few days to recover first. Used quite a bit of my power patching myself up... but I  can help you. I've done bigger cities. Fuck Wild Red."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 06, 2014, 09:11:11 pm »

"Hah. Thank you," he said, accepting and taking a swig from the mug. "If they can't starve us out, that'll leave going over or through the walls... and Tulwor's siege engines or not, I intend to have some thoroughly unpleasant things in there waiting for them."

His mouth curled into a malicious smile as he took another sip. "You know, I still don't know what I'm going to do to him when I catch him. Nothing quick, that's for certain. Half convinced he's going to end up as a genuinely useful asset by the time I'm sure he's suffering deeply enough for long enough."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 06, 2014, 09:43:05 pm »

The Barbarian sets himself up with another drink as well. "Eh. I'm sure you'll think of sometin. Or Auratus will. He seems to be good at the whole revenge scheme thing, from what I hear. In the end though, I think we would be tormenting an at least partially innocent man though. Going off of what I have heard, I think his armor is responsible for most of his behavior. Doesn't mean you wont think of something to make him suffer... or that Auratus wont."

Oinkiny takes a long swig. "Little gold fellow might not even know what we are dealing with... If Red's armor is what I think it to be, it is from a bit of Draconic history that the dragons like wouldn't care to remember or pass down. His mum could have kept him in the dark on that one..."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 06, 2014, 10:21:37 pm »

"Oh?" Pyrite intoned simply, obviously intrigued. "I'd like to hear about that, if you wouldn't mind sharing."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 06, 2014, 11:19:53 pm »

"I think his armor is a bit of Travoror, the Robber Dragon."

Oinkiny takes another long pull of his beverage. "Nasty piece of work. Accumulated a vast amount of wealth by mugging smaller and weaker dragons. Nobody did anything about it though, because his brother was Korroar, leader of the Red Dragon dynasty who lead those opposed to the Bellians in the War Before time."

The former god leans foward in his chair, "When the war started, Travoror began robbing his brother's supply trains. Korroar took this poorly, very poorly. He had his brother executed, and his soul chopped up and put into bits of armor made from his scales... I actually cooked his last meal; Beef cooked in a Bellian marrow broth and seasoned with fire peppers."

"After they killed him, they put his soul into armor made from his scales," The pig drunkenly prattles on, "and it is said he influences whoever wears any of that armor to steal from others and generally cause mayhem as Travoror's revenge against the world. Other dragons don't like talking about him; Dragons killing dragons is a bit of a taboo among their culture, and the fecking blighter was a disgrace to their species anyhow. Korroar really didn't take his brother robbing his supply trains very well..."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2014, 01:42:33 am »

Pyrite's brow furrowed in contemplation. "That would certainly explain some things... and you're right, if true it'd blunt the point of getting revenge on him. Heh. Guess we could try for torturing the armor instead...

Are you knowledgeable about dragons in general? I must confess I know little of them, and now they seem to be increasingly relevant. Plus, I'm curious. Why is it that every one I hear about has a title?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 07, 2014, 05:23:30 am »

"I learned quite a while ago not to think Bellians as superior to all others..."

As he took his seat, Ketemos made a quick glance at the oddities this man owned. "Looking at your belongings, I can already see that the disdain my people have for yours is very much unfounded; I'd like to know more about these artifacts you've collected...but first the matter at hand."

"I have spent some time trying to create a stone automaton; it already has the ability to learn and store information but I am unfortunately, unskilled with the ways of giving life to the inanimate. I have been led to believe that you could?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 07, 2014, 05:29:56 am »

Ketari was, you could say, in a huff. Sure, she'd probably saved her brother, but  she'd been forced to shift into her birs-form to prevent herself from bleeding to death.

The small flock of birds sat miserably on and around the Throne, occasionally squawking sullenly. She'd already realised her gestat-mind of the flock was too fragmented to channel the powers of the throne. Otherwise she'd had used the powers to destroy those who wounded her and heal her woman-form.

Hmph. Tulwor better be grateful for her saving him.

In a foul mood, she brooded.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39