Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51674 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2014, 12:23:59 pm »

While Auratus could hold down the deep sigh that he would have liked to let loose, he couldn't help but furrow his brows. A boat. The enemy was besieging the main city of their sphere of influence, and he was building a boat? That was ridiculous, to say the least. Was Tulwor not a warrior? Who would ever worship him earnest, if he were not to take the battle towards the enemy of his charges, especially in their time of need?

" I would hope that this is not the case. You might already have heard about it while you were in Kiatown, but it seems the orcs are up to something. From what I gathered they might invoke their god of suffering against our soldiers. If we let them be, this very well might result in them gaining the upper hand. "
Pyrite pursed his lips, thinking for a moment.

"That could prove... interesting. I suppose it makes sense for their gods to become active for the same reasons we are. Or maybe even in response to us."

He drew in a deep breath, held it for a moment in thought, then exhaled through his nose.

"Hopefully that won't change anything, but I'll bear it in mind."

After taking a look around, he drew a bit closer, continuing in a quieter, but stern fashion. " I really would have thought that you could handle the brute. Or were you just testing your waters with him? Either way, if you want to do us all a favour, talk him into it." No, really. The dragon did not plan on solving every little problem himself, even though doing so would undoubtedly raise him above the other gods.
Pyrite gave a lazy shrug.

"Well, he's an adventurer, not a tamed beast. I'll speak to him about it, but some mortal wants help chasing a treasure. Hard to expect him to pass that up," he finished with a grin.

He took a step back, and cleared his throat. " Well, be that as it may. I would also have heard that you seem to favour Hialarth, and the Mercedes Party that she is so obviously aligned with. Is that just you toying around with the mortals, or are you serious about supporting them? Please, do tell me your intentions for Kiatown. "

Auratus smirked inwardly, highly interested in the reaction of Pyrite. What little he had seen of his previous actions, would not have painted him like the fool Tulwor seemed to be - but if that was not the case, there might even be one competitor less to worry about. But still, he doubted Rexxis would have made it that easy for him.
"Mmmmmm. If we're to be completely honest, most of that is Hialarth being shrewd. That said, Ketemos advised me to support them anyway, which I'm strongly considering. The Nexus doesn't sound sustainable and I don't fully understand the Populi's aims, so they're in a good spot regardless." He cracked another wide smile, as though remembering something funny. "I'm also familiar with House Wildefaire, and they're certainly qualified for the frontier."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2014, 04:31:26 pm »

'What, do you fear the dragon?' Tulwor asked, frowning. He shook his head. 'Blood of my blood... I dislike the dragon, aye, but is this really worth killing the thing over? I thought to just knock some sense into it - not that I'll hesitate to strike him dead if need be!'

He scratched his chin. His tempers were cooling now the chance for imminent battle had passed, irritation replacing the bloodlust. 'I'll make a spear for you, if you so wish - though my forge may be needed for other work before that. I will see to it when it is time.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2014, 05:30:53 pm »

"The birds whisper to me, blood of my blood, and I hear them tell of him building forces, turning our worshippers from us. Whisper, whisper. Maybe not kill him, blood of my blood, but," she smiled at her pun, "clip the half-bird's wings. He is arrogant. Strong. All dragons are. He threatens our position as deities of our people. A hunter has his host, and he would take that from us if he could."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2014, 07:51:42 pm »

"Well, he's an adventurer, not a tamed beast. I'll speak to him about it, but some mortal wants help chasing a treasure. Hard to expect him to pass that up," he finished with a grin.

Oh great. Tulwor just had turned out even more hopeless than he previously assumed. Of course, why would anyone assume a god to do his duties after all, especially if one of the duties in question seems to be to abandon such? " Don't tell me I wouldn't have warned you if my hunch becomes the truth. Still, I agree that it would make sense for them to make a move with their gods. Maybe they even held them back until now, as it would clearly slant the battlefield in their favour. How worrisome indeed. " The dragon pondered the issue for a bit. It just might be that way, considering what they had heard about the orcs beforehand.

"Mmmmmm. If we're to be completely honest, most of that is Hialarth being shrewd. That said, Ketemos advised me to support them anyway, which I'm strongly considering. The Nexus doesn't sound sustainable and I don't fully understand the Populi's aims, so they're in a good spot regardless."

He nodded to the others words. It would seem Ketemos was also able to see the overal merit, instead of only his own philosophy. A pleasing discovery.

" Hialarth is most shrewd, I agree on that. She even wanted Messel to marry her daughter of four. I doubt he would have gained much influence while only being her fiancée, and certainly not much even after they would have eventually wed. It was the worst offer out of all of them. " He shook his head, not sure if to be impressed by the craftiness of the woman, or angered at the audacity instead. Not entirely sure on how to place her, he continued with the topic instead.

" Well, Ketemos certainly speaks the truth. The Nexus would only channel all the local riches back to the bellian states for their own petty wars there, instead of using them for local purposes, and to instate the Populi right now would seed more chaos than good. I would also advise that you support the Mercede, as I am intent on doing so. Which reminds me, do you know where he might be? Your brother, I mean. "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2014, 08:06:20 pm »

Pyrite tilted his head slightly at the dragon's mention of Hialarth's offer.

"Oh? And who was the best?

As for my brother, I fear I don't. I spoke with him recently, but have no idea what he was up to."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2014, 08:23:49 pm »

" If it were for me, I would have told him to marry the Nightcharm one. Sure, she is a bit older, and studied at agrippas court to boot, but she is of the local main bloodline. Young Messel could easily become royalty. Well, I also recommended a Lady from Infelix to him. She is his age, said to be very shrewd, some good land near the orcish border. " He shrugged slightly. " Both better than Hialarths offer, or to raise bastard sons as a Riptide. "

At your answer, he offers another shrug.
" Well, I guess I will check his quarters then. Should you meet him before me, be sure to tell him that I wish to speak with him. "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2014, 08:39:14 pm »

Pyrite gave another thoughtful hum, realizing that he really didn't know much about the local politics beyond the faction level. He might have to look into that.

"I will," he said, nodding. "Good luck with whatever you hoped to speak with him about."

Assuming the dragon had nothing else to add, Pyrite took his leave to find Tulwor and talk about this boat and their arena.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2014, 03:00:12 am »

After encountering his brother, Ketemos had meant to find Tulwor and discuss plans about this Serah woman. While he vaguely understood what was to happen to her, he was not at all sure if Tulwor would use his new...asset wisely. Having heard of his misadventures on the mainland, Ketemos had wanted to make sure that she wouldn't be made a brazen warrior. There were enough of those. What Ketemos wanted to suggest was to tamper with the woman's training regimen; to make her a commander of men rather than merely another pawn.

But after checking both the Crucible and the god's own apartments, Ketemos had found him conversing with Ketari. Ketemos decided what he had to say could wait and returned to the Crucible, watching the woman continue her trials.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2014, 04:13:35 am »

'Enough! I'll make you your spear, now leave me to my work!' Tulwor roared. His eyes darted to the path down from the Castle and to the other god approaching. His mood had soured considerably, but he felt a pang of hope for the day when he saw the Devourer's son. Perhaps the man would have news of the Orcs. He had, after all, implied he would look into them further - though it occurred to Tulwor he had never really said it outright.

'I'm having so many visits I'll soon think I'm Rexxis himself, holding court,' Tulwor said. His features softened once more, and he smiled at his own remark. 'Pyrite, have you learned something of these Orcs? Behold my work, regardless! There's riches in these lands and I aim to help the mortals find them. I admit, I'd rather sail these new shores myself, but at least I'll have these mortals bring back what they find. Imagine the beasts and monsters that must dwell in those jungles! And, I imagine, the gold and trinkets that they so love.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2014, 09:28:45 am »

"I will," he said, nodding. "Good luck with whatever you hoped to speak with him about."

Putting on a smile somewhat too friendly as to not be fake, Auratus took his leave.
" Well, it won't be too different from what we already talked about - I am sure that he will see my reasons. Until at a later time then. "

Setting of to find the other brother, he actually had to look around some. He did not seem to be in his quarters, at least Auratus did not think that Ketemos would ignore him banging on his door in a rather undignified and loud manner. While pondering to abandon the search, and maybe speak with Corusu some more, he finally spotted the god at the crucible - the later for the first time even.

" So this is where you were. I already had a talk with your brother - it seems we would be in unison in regard to our plans of Kiatown. If we handle the whole matter with some care, we might even stop most of their petty infighting before the next month ends. As there is no perceivable downside for any of us, I would say that we do so, and hurry the plan along. "

He also eyed the new structure with unveiled interest, but did not more than raise an eyebrow at it. The important matters were to come first.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2014, 09:38:27 am »

"My thanks, blood of my blood." And with that, she retreated to her chambers.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2014, 02:50:57 pm »

'Enough! I'll make you your spear, now leave me to my work!' Tulwor roared. His eyes darted to the path down from the Castle and to the other god approaching. His mood had soured considerably, but he felt a pang of hope for the day when he saw the Devourer's son. Perhaps the man would have news of the Orcs. He had, after all, implied he would look into them further - though it occurred to Tulwor he had never really said it outright.

'I'm having so many visits I'll soon think I'm Rexxis himself, holding court,' Tulwor said. His features softened once more, and he smiled at his own remark. 'Pyrite, have you learned something of these Orcs? Behold my work, regardless! There's riches in these lands and I aim to help the mortals find them. I admit, I'd rather sail these new shores myself, but at least I'll have these mortals bring back what they find. Imagine the beasts and monsters that must dwell in those jungles! And, I imagine, the gold and trinkets that they so love.'
Pyrite smiled, but it quickly turned apologetic.

"I fear I haven't..." he began, expression shifting slightly as he realized that wasn't entirely true, "Well, not personally. The dragon has informed me that the Orcish God of Agony may be getting involved. He was, ah, very concerned about the situation," he finished, chuckling a bit. "I could look into it soon, if you'd like. I'm less preoccupied than I was, and a meeting with the Orcish siege commander could prove illuminating."

He grinned on seeing the in-progress ship.

"That should prove interesting. Hoping to build a legendary crew of sailors to adventure all over the island?" His tone was joking, but he knew he was probably giving Tulwor ideas. Oh well. "I've been thinking about going hunting in the jungles sometime myself, but alas, there's work to be done. Can't be holding orgies every month."

He laughed, before becoming only a little more serious.

"Speaking of which, our arena. Obviously you're busy at the moment, but do you know when you'll be available to work on it?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2014, 08:26:57 pm »

Ketemos replied to the dragon in his usual neutral tone.

"You seem to be in quite the hurry Auratus. While I feel we do have the same idea, I'm not sure if it is true. Tell me, what is your plan for Kiatown?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2014, 06:18:30 am »

" My plan for Kiatown, is it? " Auratus stepped into thought for a moment, before rattling down a spiel which was truthful, albeit maybe a bit incomplete. He was after all not about to reveal any options that he would rather take for himself. " First off, to stop the infighting by clearly placing the Mercede on top. The second main concern are obviously the orcs, with the priority on taking back the pass, to bolster our troops with other orc tribes, and re-establish trade with these so-called small ones. Then we obviously want to strengthen our troops, the navy, and I heard about a yet untapped mine that the city would also greatly benefit from, once established. That is not taking into account the trouble that tends to show up while doing so, nor the plans I have in mind for Selma's Gate. "

Taking a deep breath, he continued in a slightly unnerved tone. " To address your former assumption of me being busy, I have to agree that I am. Very busy, in fact. Looking at the actions of you lot, I somehow get the impression that I am the only one. " Actually, the dragon did not need to play much of the frustration, because he truthfully was a bit irritated by the attitude of the other gods. At least he certainly did not have the leisure to partake in orgies, build boats, or construct what-ever he was currently standing in front of.

" Well then, is that a satisfying answer to your question?  "

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2014, 07:19:53 am »

Tulwor gestured dismissively at the mention of a legendary crew of sailors. 'Bah, far from it!' he said. Though, thinking about it, the idea did please him. 'Atleast, I do not think so. I've yet to meet these mortals, but the one who called for aid seemed motivated by petty greed more than anything. Perhaps if he proves his worth - we shall see. Expeditions such as these would do these Bellians good. I do not intend to arm a pirate lord or some cowardly nobleman - if they fail to sail out enough for my liking, the ship shall be granted to someone else.'

He looked the ship over before him. Finished, it would be a great work, he thought. Chell's advice had tempered his hammer well.

'If they all fail, well, I'll have no choice but to sail it myself,' he continued. 'But... I must tend to 'duty', here. They shall be praising my name once that ship returns with the wealth of these strange shores. I suppose there's worth in that, too... hmph.'

He tapped the Hammer, frowning. 'I fear I'll not have the time to build the arena in the mortal lands. I itch to be done with that business, though - I can't stand waiting around for us to begin forever. Perhaps I could do something at my forge here?'
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39