Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1566054 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile

Lewis Black never fails to get me laughing...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I just noticed the change to the title
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Me too actually :O  Apparently it happened back in May?  A couple people did notice but only played off it in the reply subjects.
Funny that I first noticed this very morning!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile

"Nobody expects the thread title change!"

or

"The first rule of things that made you laugh today thread, is don't mention the title changes!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should we sacrifice something to show that we've acknowledged the title change?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

...No need to harm the fatted calf, there are other ways ^
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you suggesting the skookumest of potlatches?
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We couldn't sacrifice skookum as it would be to powerful and overwhelm what we were sacrificing the skookum to.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Re: No, you're noticeable!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title
« Reply #12939 on: August 18, 2023, 12:34:54 pm »

Saw beggar man outside my tescos begging for food. I got two meal deals so I figure yeah, I'll help. Ask him if he wants any of my chicken rolls but his reaction was so intense - "NO. Chocolate :D" pointing at my bakery bag.
Gave him all my chocolate croissants and pain au chocolats. He didn't even seem that happy, more like relieved. It was a very small interaction in the otherwise jam packed clusterfuck of my day but it remains in my memory as a moment worthy of sensible chuckle

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title
« Reply #12940 on: August 30, 2023, 09:45:21 pm »

Finally built the pinnacle yoyo of the moomoo yoyo mod in terraria, the Convergence. It's a yoyo built from 24 other yoyos, the tip of a pyramid of string and pain.

Its ability, the special sauce this entire mod built towards?

Rather than launch a particularly special or powerful yoyo.

It.

Launches every single yoyo it's built from, complete with every counterweight, every extra yoyo from the glove or trick accessories, everything.

I didn't check to see what it did before trying it out, so when I pressed the button and
Spoiler: this came out? (click to show/hide)
The absurdity of it got a laugh from me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: August 31, 2023, 04:21:34 pm »

Went to the beach today. Black Sea was cold, as always, but it was also very refreshing in the immense heat. We stayed until night, and I decided to go on a beachwalk.

While walking, I managed to find a very weird depiction of a strange creature etched on the wet sand. What do you think it is?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #12942 on: September 01, 2023, 09:02:31 pm »

[...] While walking, I managed to find a very weird depiction of a strange creature etched on the wet sand. What do you think it is?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clearly some kind of forgotten beast. An engraving left in the sand to account for the artist's trauma, from the late fall of 143.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: September 01, 2023, 09:13:40 pm »

Looks more like a final boss for a gimmick platformer in Flash, to me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12944 on: September 05, 2023, 07:14:37 am »

Scenario: Need to take some tests for a patient to get them onto a drug trial for asthma meds. In order to get through they have to have a lung function that is not too good, and not too bad. How this is determined is by comparing their results to a chart based on their height, weight, age and weight as a % predicted value.

Problem: the software is American, and the race categories they use are Caucasian, African American, Hispanic or Latino, (East) Asian, Southeast Asian or Other. This is troublesome as this can skew the chart by a few %, introducing error I'd rather do without. White British & White Other have different groupings, and different from American Caucasian. Afro-Caribbean & African both tend to do better relative to African American. This can get even more skewed by self-selection in smaller American demographic groups, e.g. the caucasian chart tends to do better because it grabs more

Most asian patients we see are south asian, not east. One day south asian patient comes in with well-controlled asthma. There's no south asian option. As he's on the border of the "too healthy" line, depending on what chart we use for him his predicted % value could include or exclude him.

LW: ...We could put you under "other"
P: what about asian?
LW: their asian is east asian
P: I won't forgive you if you put me as east asian
LW: we could put you as caucasian. You'd definitely pass with caucasian
P: you've gone too far
Nurse: you want to try southeast asian?
P: do southeast asians have good lungs?
LW: we'll find out
P: I'll allow southeast asian. It's the closest one to me
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 879