Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1566092 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile

nice
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Yea, but how many of the 1% do you find attractive/is in the right age, wealth and personality bracket?

79 million can get pared down right-quick.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

Yea, but how many of the 1% do you find attractive/is in the right age, wealth and personality bracket?

It is about the people that find you attractive. Not people you find attractive.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you want a less encouraging version, that means you have to be rejected by around 99 people before you can find one of those 79M.

They find me attractive, they'll come near. The losers and the haters will stay away uwu
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you want a less encouraging version, that means you have to be rejected by around 99 people before you can find one of those 79M.

They find me attractive, they'll come near. The losers and the haters will stay away uwu

born to require affection

forced to take the assertive and more vulnerable position due to gender roles
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is about the people that find you attractive. Not people you find attractive.

I assumed the purpose was to engage in reciprocal attraction.
If the aim is to feel admired, then yea you're right.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile

this is not the fight against the 1% that i signed up for

It gets wilder when attractive happens as a consequence of some action or circumstance; like, kindling doesn't look like a campfire 'til a spark catches and makes you feel safe, y'know?
It's less laugh material, but I like to think that you can grow a garden anywhere, metaphorically speaking.

But yeah, give out some 'mirin,' make sure the homies know they're looking sharp and the gals are fine and maybe ping your fellow dwarf with your laser pointer until you call them cute

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A solid philosophy.

If I think something positive about someone, I do try to say it. There's a relevant Gandalf quote about the little things, of course.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But does the amount of money have really matter in this situation?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Single marquess seeking a duchess apparent endowed with large tracts of land

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Normally (and personally), I'd say no. However, my friend dated someone who only worked a few hours in retail every week. She lived about an hour away. She didn't have a driving license, a car, or much reserves to buy train tickets. Every date was paid for by him, he frequently drove to pick her up, etc.

So, for me, wealth is important insofar as you have enough to function without me.

Non-personally? Yea, loads of people date according to money. A derogatory term is 'gold-digger.'
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Single man looking for sugar mama.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Single man looking for sugar mama.

Good luck with that. Sugar mamas are generally single for some pretty salient reason.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Experienced a fun quirk of game mechanics in SM: Alpha Centauri today. Was playing as the Lord's Believers (religious fundamentalists), and had already forced the Spartans (militiarists) and the Gaians (environmentalists) into vassalage. The University (materialist empiricists) had been wiped out by the Spartans and I. That just left the U.N. Peacekeepers (humanists), the Hive (totalitarians) and the Morgans (materialist objectivists).

The Hive had conquered almost all of the U.N. Peacekeepers' territory on the mainland, all but turning them into a sea-based faction. The Morganites lived in their own quiet corner of the world just making money. I managed to get friendly terms with the Morgans and Peacekeepers, as I ran a free market democracy and had the only army capable of protecting them from the Hive. The Believer-Hive war gets incredibly spicy when the Hive deploy a planet buster against my forces and one of my captured cities - this atrocity causes every faction to unite against the good old Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang.

Eventually Yang surrenders. With every faction either a willing pact brother/sister of me, or a vassal under me, I decide to just call a vote to elect me as supreme governor of humanity. I also had troops lined up on the borders of the Morgans and Peacekeepers just in case they changed their mind - but they were happy to support me in victory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone votes yes on the proposal. However because the Hive got kicked out of the planetary council due to their use of the planet buster, none of their votes counted, even though they voted in favour. As a result the game ran it as if they had voted no. This still ended up working in my favour as the Morganites and Peacekeepers agreed to become my vassals and unite against the Hive, but it was a rather big surprise to have my loyal Hive vassal suddenly announce it's time for round two - complete with another planet buster strike.

Yang, every time

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

NATURE IS BACK!!!

EVERYONE REJOICE!!!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 879