Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1566105 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 495 pages if you have 25 posts per page!
« Reply #12405 on: July 17, 2022, 04:35:21 am »

I'd figure scientists would love that kind of thing because newly discovered thing equals more money and getting your name on stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12406 on: July 17, 2022, 09:15:19 am »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parakaryon_myojinensis

This made me laugh SO HARD.

Those poor biologists...

lol
Local germ to biologists: cope seethe mald

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: July 18, 2022, 12:44:08 pm »

What must be most frustrating is they only found the one specimen. As in a single individual. They obviously couldn't cultivate it in the lab and it probably died shortly after collection, because yknow its habitat is a hydrothermal vent, on the bristle of a scale worm (which itself could be random happenstance, like it just happened to get caught on the worm as it was moving around)

These biologists could spend millions of dollars and their entire careers just trying to find more of the things to study. And because it's habitat is so different from the surface environment they might never be able to grow them in a laboratory environment for study, especially if you can't figure out what conditions they like because you can't find them breeding in-situ

That's gotta be infuriating!

Science be like that sometimes. Like finding a totally new form of mineral third hand from some guy who picked it up off the ground but can't tell you where, and you never figure out how it was formed or what kind of rock it came from.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: July 18, 2022, 04:21:57 pm »

That sounds EXACTLY like dating!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: August 20, 2022, 01:53:27 pm »

https://youtu.be/J5N3JVCOipo

This whole channel is a goldmine.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: August 20, 2022, 05:49:36 pm »

XAVIER
The Renegade Angel

Enough said.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: August 21, 2022, 02:07:38 am »

That is a strange damn show, I watched most of them and I still didn't really know what the hell was going on, but I have a feeling it never really made since anyway.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: August 21, 2022, 05:43:45 pm »

Looking at it it seems like a Gen Z version of Don Quixote.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: August 21, 2022, 09:55:37 pm »

That's pretty funny since it's older than Gen Z, yet I see what you mean.  2007...  I was seeing it in college on Adult Swim, and I think I'm millenial (on the older side).  I've only seen a couple of full episodes though, plus some commonly shared skits.  The phone booth argument comes to mind.

https://youtu.be/J5N3JVCOipo

This whole channel is a goldmine.

Very well executed and funny, thanks!  SO and I have been reading a pretty gritty super hero story (Worm) and we both enjoyed this more... lighthearted angle.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12416 on: August 21, 2022, 10:06:25 pm »

I'm very glad you enjoyed it. :)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: August 22, 2022, 12:39:52 am »

I remember the first time I saw Adam West's live action Batman.
It was midnight on a Saturday, and I thought it was a Saturday Night Live Sketch. I got suspicious when it was still going after 1pm. I think maybe it was a movie?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: August 22, 2022, 03:26:06 am »

Adam West Batman is best Batman.
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 879