Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1565816 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Unlimited Laugh Works
« Reply #11505 on: January 22, 2021, 04:12:25 pm »

Tyler sounds like a horrible person.

Also, if they can sell it for 6 cents a bottle, presumably still receiving a profit, how much does it cost to produce?

About 2/3ds of a 3d world child labourer
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: January 22, 2021, 04:36:12 pm »

Tyler sounds like a horrible person.

Also, if they can sell it for 6 cents a bottle, presumably still receiving a profit, how much does it cost to produce?

Occasionally they'll sell products for a loss, just so that someone will take them away and the bottom line will be less of a loss than if they'd not sold anything and had to pay to dispose of the entirety of the stock.

See: Clearance sales.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: January 22, 2021, 09:56:44 pm »

The UN banned nukes...

But no nuclear powers signed it, rendering the entire declaration pointless aside from non-proliferation.

Shows how inept the UN is. Bad idea anyways, if there were no nukes we would get WW3.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: January 22, 2021, 09:59:00 pm »

The UN banned nukes...

But no nuclear powers signed it, rendering the entire declaration pointless aside from non-proliferation.

Shows how inept the UN is. Bad idea anyways, if there were no nukes we would get WW3.

Yeah because nukes have stopped nuclear powers being belligerent to one another.

The adage goes nobody knows what WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: January 22, 2021, 10:00:56 pm »

The UN banned nukes...

You miss the point of the declaration. Nukes can be as much a liability to a nation as a benefit - that's why South Africa and Ukraine dispensed with theirs, and why Israel insists upon the absurd claim of opacity. Nations with them have to play by a different book than those without, and those rules are not always as advantageous as you might think.

The non-nuclear nations enact something like this to increase the distance between themselves and a potential nuclear war, as well as military intervention by the nuclear powers on the classic fiction of a "rogue nuclear program".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: January 22, 2021, 10:05:01 pm »

The UN banned nukes...

Yeah because nukes have stopped nuclear powers being belligerent to one another.

The adage goes nobody knows what WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
They did stop open war though. Without nukes the Cold War would have definitely turned into WW3.

The UN banned nukes...

You miss the point of the declaration. Nukes can be as much a liability to a nation as a benefit - that's why South Africa and Ukraine dispensed with theirs, and why Israel insists upon the absurd claim of opacity. Nations with them have to play by a different book than those without, and those rules are not always as advantageous as you might think.

The non-nuclear nations enact something like this to increase the distance between themselves and a potential nuclear war, as well as military intervention by the nuclear powers on the classic fiction of a "rogue nuclear program".
Fair enough, I may have misunderstood it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: January 22, 2021, 10:13:32 pm »

WW3 was fought with developing nations.
Wait this is the laugh thread

I almost posted the following earlier but was distracted by the Phoenix Wright parody (that was worth the build-up, by the way, and while I recognized the first inspiration (yeah yeah, from Rick & Morty) the rest were new to me and quite something).

Eurogamer's Johnny cooks a Sunless Sea/Fallen London recipe:  Zzoup.
The thing is that Zzoup is described as a weird thing only Devils enjoy, and the recipe is... fairly unusual.  I'm actually kinda excited that a dev gave him the official recipe, which is a closely-guarded secret of Hell in-game.  And he does eat some at the end, Ashens-style!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: January 22, 2021, 10:17:29 pm »

Yeah you get what I meant. I'd rather we have proxy wars than confrontations between major powers what would kill tens of times more.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: January 22, 2021, 10:57:23 pm »

I very much enjoyed the Ace Attorney quoteathon.

My contribution: User Inyerface - A worst-practice UI experiment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: January 23, 2021, 01:03:37 am »

That is... brilliant.  An experience worthy of "Thanks, I hate it!"
(I wonder if I missed a pun on the word "check" but it let me through anyway)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: January 23, 2021, 02:10:34 am »

An experience worthy of "Thanks, I hate it!"

And that is exactly what I said to the friend who passed it on, LOL
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #11516 on: January 23, 2021, 02:10:39 am »

I wish I'd had this when I was teaching UI/UX design last year, wow. This is great.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: January 23, 2021, 02:13:06 am »

This is a masterwork, honestly.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: January 23, 2021, 03:22:03 am »

as well as military intervention by the nuclear powers on the classic fiction of a "rogue nuclear program".

They can just give another reason for a military intervention (see:Syria), and you don't have the nukes to dissuade them.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: January 23, 2021, 03:18:41 pm »

as well as military intervention by the nuclear powers on the classic fiction of a "rogue nuclear program".

They can just give another reason for a military intervention (see:Syria), and you don't have the nukes to dissuade them.

That's why you start a rogue nuclear program after voting for the resolution.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 879