Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 882

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when l change the title  (Read 1772332 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: OVER 9000 laughs and counting
« Reply #11250 on: October 13, 2020, 10:40:17 am »

The other day I caught a glimpse of an ad for Athlete's Foot (a chain of shoe stores across Australia) that began with someone showering in their sports shoes.   
Like, yeah, that's a good way to get some athlete's foot for yourself, I guess... :))    I suppose that could have been an intentional joke, but somehow I doubt it.   
Why would you name your footwear store after a fungal infection that primarily affects the part of the body for which you’re selling accoutrements? Madness.

Though if it was a public shower, wearing your shoes isn’t a bad idea to avoid actually getting it... so long as you washed the shoes and let them dry out proper afterward.
This.  It's not a fun time, and I... consider it bad press to associate a brand with fricken athletes foot!

Probably because it's not common to refer to the illness as athletes foot here. Every time i hear it referred to it's as tinea. I've literally never heard anyone here say they've got Athlete's Foot. And i have the feeling that if I was to say to someone that I have athlete's foot, i'd get odd looks while the gears in their brain clunk over and they eventually realize I'm talking about tinea. (possibly; the sheer amount of dumb people i meet who haven't even heard of commonly known stuff, and can't seem to do basic comprehension when you explain it, is staggering. I stopped trying to have conversations with my flatmate when he didn't know what a viking was. What's the point talking after that? It would be a massive effort just to get the guy up to a primary school level of general knowledge).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 10:50:46 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11251 on: October 13, 2020, 10:50:16 am »

We just call it foot mushrooms
Love, scriver~

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11252 on: October 13, 2020, 12:57:01 pm »

We just call it foot mushrooms

Plod helmets.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11253 on: October 13, 2020, 01:08:04 pm »

Thong yeast
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #11254 on: October 13, 2020, 05:52:09 pm »

Now that was an interesting thing to see jumping into a new page.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11255 on: October 13, 2020, 06:20:31 pm »

It is never not an interesting thing to jump into
Love, scriver~

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11256 on: October 15, 2020, 03:53:29 am »

I made the mistake of looking at Chuck Tingle's Wikipedia page. The titles of the books he's written... it's a work of art. It's beautiful. It's the best thing I've seen in a while.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11257 on: October 15, 2020, 04:01:25 am »

Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt

Followed by:
Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt"

Followed by:
Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt'"

Which continues up to:
Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book ‘Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book ‘Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt"’"’"

Incredible. Truly the artist of this generation.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11258 on: October 15, 2020, 04:04:40 am »

Buttception!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11259 on: October 15, 2020, 04:24:18 am »

Buttageddon: The Final Days of Pounding Ass

Its like Armageddon but with more but stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11260 on: October 15, 2020, 05:20:14 am »

Pounded In The Butt By My Bizarre Assumption That Chuck Tingle Books Are Just Covers And Not Actual Books
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: October 15, 2020, 08:28:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I made the mistake of looking at Chuck Tingle's Wikipedia page. The titles of the books he's written... it's a work of art. It's beautiful. It's the best thing I've seen in a while.

Yeah, it's too bad he's kind of a shit person, though.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11262 on: October 15, 2020, 08:45:13 am »

Yeah, it's too bad he's kind of a shit person, though.
Can you elaborate on that? I'm unaware; I just know him as that guy who makes gay erotic books with funny titles.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11263 on: October 15, 2020, 09:08:04 pm »

Domald Tromp Pounded in the Butt by His Fabricated Wiretapping Scandal Made Up to Redirect Focus Away from His Seemingly Endless Unethical Connections to Russia

It’s a bit on the nose.

Fakedit: Domald Tromp Jr. Slammed in the Butt by his Secret Russian Meetings and the Grossly Incompetent Cover Up Shortly Thereafter

he’s not even trying.

Proper edit to close the brackets properly.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 10:48:48 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11264 on: October 15, 2020, 10:08:03 pm »

The lack of effort is part of the charm. For example a work colleague rolled their eyes at Game of Butts: The pounds of Winter as not even trying. But the point is the sheer laziness of inserting butt and pound into the title is part of the formula here.
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 882