Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1565870 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9240 on: September 20, 2018, 06:10:01 pm »

I actually end up clicking recommendation pretty regularly. >.>
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: September 20, 2018, 11:20:03 pm »

Am I the only one who gets mostly relevant results?
Yeah, Youtube recommendations are generally pretty on-point.
Watch one thing that's completely different to your usual fare, however, and it has a tendency to spaz out. Also I get a fair few video album reviews recommended, ahaha. Such fuckery.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: September 21, 2018, 12:36:54 am »

In Frozen Synapse 2 after I attacked a neutral faction and won their leader called me up and had this to say:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's the entire conversation.  Sure showed me.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: September 24, 2018, 11:34:02 pm »

Some crims stole a load of about a hundred electronic devices from a Silicon Valley tech company. The funny part is that the company's line of business was making mobile GPS tracking devices. Let's just say things did not end well for the crims.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: September 25, 2018, 04:36:46 am »

Some crims stole a load of about a hundred electronic devices from a Silicon Valley tech company. The funny part is that the company's line of business was making mobile GPS tracking devices. Let's just say things did not end well for the crims.

Before making off with about $18,000 worth of the devices, the thieves grabbed a beer out of the fridge and cut themselves in the process, leaving fingerprints and blood evidence.
...How do you cut yourself getting a beer out of the fridge?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: September 25, 2018, 05:27:54 am »

Aha! You've activated my trap beer!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: September 25, 2018, 08:03:35 pm »

Noticed I Don't Care, I Ship It is immediately followed by Dixie Biscuit on my mp3 player.

why this is amusing may not be immediately obvious

to spell it out, coincidental ordering lead to a song about the ethos of crack fanfiction shipping being followed up by a song about cocaine

the punchline is crack cocaine

accidental crack cocaine
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: September 26, 2018, 02:13:46 am »

I'm having some fun reading about American versions of "Australian" food today in the news.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/americans-have-put-their-own-spin-on-potato-cakes-and-australians-arent-having-it/news-story/546299b33d228fc2ac2a1529c7473c35

Despite its striking appearance, in Australia, fairy bread isn’t considered fancy food — the toast is usually eaten as breakfast, as a snack in-between meals, or after dinner to finish off the meal

Seriously, this is not true. Nobody eats fairy bread as a breakfast, an after-dinner dessert or a snack between meals. It's an uncommon treat for kids, usually at birthday parties or the like. It's really sugary, so I guess Americans assume it's an "everyday food". But to normal non-disgusting-blob people, it's something to save for special occasions for the kids. I've probably eaten fairy bread a dozen or so times or so in my entire life. I can't remember the last time, but I would have been about 11 years old. It's not something you'd usually come across after primary (elementary) school.

The other part of the story was about the American version of potato scallops. They're basically slices of potato about 1/4 inch thick, battered and deep fried. Normally, when you get fish and chips you might ask for a couple of scallops as well. But in America they're selling them as "Australian battered potatoes" and a single serving is like a bucket of 20 of the things smothered in cheese and ranch dressing (i.e nothing like what we put on them here). no wonder you're a nation of land whales. I mean, what' the fuck even is this meant to be, and why does it have an Aussie flag sticking out of the food:
https://twitter.com/RachaelHasIdeas/status/1044513085426348032

Don't get me start on the "bloomin' onions" whatever that is supposed to be. At a fish and chip shop you can ask for deep-fried onion rings, but again, you buy them by the individual number of rings, it's not a huge monstrosity of fried onion by default.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:24:23 am by Reelya »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: September 26, 2018, 06:33:32 am »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: September 26, 2018, 09:03:03 am »

But in America they're selling them as "Australian battered potatoes" and a single serving is like a bucket of 20 of the things smothered in cheese and ranch dressing (i.e nothing like what we put on them here). no wonder you're a nation of land whales.

Dem's dat country fair food. Which classifies more as grease and fat than food.
examples given: fried beer, fried koolaid. fried butter
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: September 26, 2018, 09:08:44 am »

wait. you can FRY koolaid!?!?! How does one do this?

Looks like they make donut holes but add lots of koolaid to the batter
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: September 26, 2018, 12:03:18 pm »

I'm having some fun reading about American versions of "Australian" food today in the news.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/americans-have-put-their-own-spin-on-potato-cakes-and-australians-arent-having-it/news-story/546299b33d228fc2ac2a1529c7473c35

Despite its striking appearance, in Australia, fairy bread isn’t considered fancy food — the toast is usually eaten as breakfast, as a snack in-between meals, or after dinner to finish off the meal

Seriously, this is not true. Nobody eats fairy bread as a breakfast, an after-dinner dessert or a snack between meals. It's an uncommon treat for kids, usually at birthday parties or the like. It's really sugary, so I guess Americans assume it's an "everyday food". But to normal non-disgusting-blob people, it's something to save for special occasions for the kids. I've probably eaten fairy bread a dozen or so times or so in my entire life. I can't remember the last time, but I would have been about 11 years old. It's not something you'd usually come across after primary (elementary) school.

The other part of the story was about the American version of potato scallops. They're basically slices of potato about 1/4 inch thick, battered and deep fried. Normally, when you get fish and chips you might ask for a couple of scallops as well. But in America they're selling them as "Australian battered potatoes" and a single serving is like a bucket of 20 of the things smothered in cheese and ranch dressing (i.e nothing like what we put on them here). no wonder you're a nation of land whales. I mean, what' the fuck even is this meant to be, and why does it have an Aussie flag sticking out of the food:
https://twitter.com/RachaelHasIdeas/status/1044513085426348032

Don't get me start on the "bloomin' onions" whatever that is supposed to be. At a fish and chip shop you can ask for deep-fried onion rings, but again, you buy them by the individual number of rings, it's not a huge monstrosity of fried onion by default.
What the fuck is this
What the fuck have they done to us
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 879