Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 882

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when l change the title  (Read 1766233 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8076 guffaws and counting
« Reply #7905 on: October 17, 2017, 10:42:10 pm »

For a second I thought maybe Florida, but nope Arizona.

Somebody takes internet comments way too seriously...

The one Reelya linked? Doesn't say anything about internet comments. Though I get the "purge with fire!"/"kill it with fire!" internet comment reference.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: October 18, 2017, 08:50:51 am »

Just don't burn your house to the ground and you should be fine. Probably.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7907 on: October 18, 2017, 10:49:47 am »

Been playing some OSRS. After that one quest where male characters have to get a sex change to solve one of the puzzles I was lazy and didn't swap back. Inside of thirty minutes was the first person randomly giving me money. The rate of people bothering to talk while grinding doubled or more, and people will just walk up and try to hold conversations when they're passing by or before they worldhop to look for an open grind spot.

Honestly, lol. Can definitely understand how so many people made bank catfishing horny idiots back in the day.
Lol I knew one of the RS catfishers irl. Asked them what they were doing and they just said watch this; it's exactly as you describe it, 0 effort to get free stuff just by being an imaginary girl. I remember for that quest I bumped into two dudes who upon sight of me started complaining how girls have everything better, lmfao

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: October 18, 2017, 04:57:10 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: October 18, 2017, 10:13:40 pm »

Considering the amount of energy, both physical and mental, that I devote to remaining unnoticed at most times, it's amusing how much I struggle to gain people's attention on those infrequent occasions when being noticed is a desirable outcome. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: October 18, 2017, 10:17:18 pm »

You should just learn mind control black magic.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: October 18, 2017, 10:22:59 pm »

Quickest way to get someone's attention on the quick is to place your head in direct line of sight to their head, making eye contact, and saying the thing. Pretty blunt tool, but easier to achieve than coming up with words that'll catch them.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: October 18, 2017, 10:36:57 pm »

You can also scream as loud as you possibly can while vomiting blood and shitting your pants.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: October 18, 2017, 10:38:28 pm »

I like keeping my vitals inside my body, thanks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: October 19, 2017, 03:04:36 am »

Quickest way to get someone's attention on the quick is to place your head in direct line of sight to their head, making eye contact, and saying the thing. Pretty blunt tool, but easier to achieve than coming up with words that'll catch them.
I imagine that would work, but in this case I was leaving a somewhat crowded room and just attempting to make eye contact with someone, just as a quick "bye, yes I did come here and attend my mandatory time-wasting appointment today, my work here is done," kind of thing.

I waved a couple of times in a vague, anyone-in-charge direction, ambled slowly over to the desk where I was supposed to place a form, waved again, mumbled something like "seeya" and then gave up and left, unsure if my presence had really been registered at all.

The place was a bit more crowded than usual, but normally even when it's busy a wave is enough to get someone's attention as I leave. No big deal, just a source of mild amusement. Nobody acknowledged me when I got there, either.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: October 19, 2017, 07:57:15 pm »

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11934217
Exerpt off of Vox: New Zealand is taking its Bird of the Year competition a little too seriously this year. There’s been vote rigging and a mysterious Instagram account accusing the white-faced heron of racism and calling the kiwi a "fat flightless fuck."

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: October 19, 2017, 08:58:18 pm »

DVDs are so outdated now even remote tribal peoples in the amazon who hunt monkeys for food ask for flash drives instead, hilarious.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: October 20, 2017, 07:57:05 am »

Given that flash drives need far less power to use and are typically more durable and hold far more its not surprising that tribes ask for them instead of DVDs.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: October 20, 2017, 11:02:05 am »

Dude uses copyrighted images, gets sued and loses, then he bitches about it.

Now, it's sad that he's such a colossal tool that he learned absolutely nothing from this, but I couldn't help but laugh at the image of the fucker having to pay almost 40k $ instead of, dunno, contacting the photographer in question and licensing the damn things properly. Because surely, if it's on the internet it must be free.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: October 20, 2017, 11:22:01 am »

Haha I love how he paints himself as the victim of malicious photographers who take images and upload them to Google so that they can sue people. He actually describes that as their "business model".

It's hard to believe that someone who is themselves a content creator can know so little about how the world works.
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 882