Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1565866 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5678 luaghs and counting
« Reply #5565 on: April 27, 2016, 03:29:52 pm »

We need a pathos joke bot so the process is automated whenever the opportunity presents itself. Until then.

*obligatory pathos joke*
*pathos joke response*
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: April 27, 2016, 03:33:14 pm »

What's black and white and black and white and black and white?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Given the topic discussed before said joke, I assumed the answer would have been something to do with Barack Obama running back and forth in front of the White House :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: April 27, 2016, 03:51:13 pm »

What's black and white and black and white and black and white?

Given the topic discussed before said joke, I assumed the answer would have been something to do with Barack Obama running back and forth in front of the White House :P
Hey, that one's... actually not that bad. Huh.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: April 28, 2016, 05:15:22 am »

This weeks Jimquisition.

Now, the whole video itself is not the funny part, it's how Jim Fucking Sterling, Son got around the content ID bullshit that hits his videos when they contain footage from some of the twatty companies out there (like Nitendo). He basically piled on several copyrighted things into the video, and now, when all of the different companies file their claim to monetize it and leech money off off stuff that's supposed to be free they'll be deadlocked in their claims and nobody will get anything. Fucking brilliant.

Plus the little middle finger dance he does to Erasure at the end is funny :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5569 on: April 28, 2016, 11:56:07 pm »

Auckland’s housing market is so under-supplied that there aren’t even enough houses to go round the journalists wanting to report on them.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: April 29, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »

This picture:
I can never look at philosoraptor the same again. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: April 29, 2016, 05:00:14 pm »

Auckland’s housing market is so under-supplied that there aren’t even enough houses to go round the journalists wanting to report on them.
We should ship all the empty mortgaged homes from the US there.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: April 29, 2016, 05:05:34 pm »

Didn't start looking for sources until ~two hours ago. 2k words into this term paper, 2.5k maximum left to go. I wish I could get paid a reasonable wage to do this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: April 29, 2016, 05:07:28 pm »

I think you actually can, it's just... not really legal :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: April 29, 2016, 07:55:03 pm »

Does writing essays for sale really pay that well?

Besides, this is shit I know inside and out. 4kish words on developing a model for integrating traditional ontological hierarchical structure with the user-based term generation of a folksonomy combined with individualized term-authorizing search profiles is easy as pie when I'm only working on theory and not actually trying to write the code or draw up a timetable for development.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:17:00 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5575 on: April 29, 2016, 08:02:16 pm »

I understood some of those words
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: April 29, 2016, 10:17:45 pm »

Finished that sucker, pounded out a self-evaluation, all I've got left now are a peer review and a pile of short essays for a pair of exams. ^^

3. Run Resize Enable

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: April 30, 2016, 02:56:00 pm »

folksonomy

yeah ok
It's just a portmanteau of "folks" and "taxonomy". The gist is that it's a taxonomy that's the product of free collaboration between individuals rather than intentional design by a single professional or small group. Generally they're more responsive to the needs of the community that developed them, more flexible, and better able to react to changes in technology, linguistics, &c., but lack hierarchical structuring and only have soft preferred terms rather than hard ones, which means that they can be more difficult to search with a high degree of precision, especially when they're contributed to by large communities.

Hence the need to hybridize them with elements of traditional vocabulary control-if you can retain most of the flexibility and responsiveness while allowing for precision searching and individualized authority control, you've got the makings of an information retrieval system that beats out pretty much anything previously developed. There's already been some work on the subject, but only in the past decade or so, and only a handful of field trials.

3. Run Resize Enable

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: April 30, 2016, 10:35:29 pm »

folksonomy

yeah ok
It's just a portmanteau of "folks" and "taxonomy". The gist is that it's a taxonomy that's the product of free collaboration between individuals rather than intentional design by a single professional or small group. Generally they're more responsive to the needs of the community that developed them, more flexible, and better able to react to changes in technology, linguistics, &c., but lack hierarchical structuring and only have soft preferred terms rather than hard ones, which means that they can be more difficult to search with a high degree of precision, especially when they're contributed to by large communities.

Hence the need to hybridize them with elements of traditional vocabulary control-if you can retain most of the flexibility and responsiveness while allowing for precision searching and individualized authority control, you've got the makings of an information retrieval system that beats out pretty much anything previously developed. There's already been some work on the subject, but only in the past decade or so, and only a handful of field trials.

You know, I'm pretty proud that I vaguely understand all of that.

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 879