Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 882

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when l change the title  (Read 1768494 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8076 guffaws and counting
« Reply #8205 on: December 13, 2017, 09:36:54 am »

I think, after the Star Wars Holiday Special, all notion of artistic integrity was lost.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: December 13, 2017, 10:02:15 am »

I think, after the Star Wars Holiday Special, all notion of artistic integrity was lost.

Spoiler: Also spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: December 13, 2017, 10:14:52 am »

How dare you heathens demean Life Day!

(uncontrollable spasms of painful disgust bleed out from behind a paper thin veneer of fake SJW rage-contempt. Trying to support the Holiday Special is too difficult, it is just too horrible.... ... I wonder whatever happened to Carrie Fischer's blackmail copy of it?)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:35 am »

I personally think that artistic integrity was lost after episode VI, at that point the movies stopped being WWII in space with good characters and became a cash cow to milk (look at all the star wars toys, and the 2nd coming of the ewoks pogs or whatever they're called)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: December 13, 2017, 01:26:10 pm »

Obviously it lost artistic integrity when they released IV, because that made a lot of money and they made more movies.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: December 13, 2017, 01:30:25 pm »

Well artistic integrity was rather lost with Lucas constantly going back over the films and changing shit.

Unless you consider his work derivative in the first place, which it kinda was.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: December 13, 2017, 01:35:11 pm »

obviously star wars lost all artistic integrity when Lukas started to work on it, cause fuck that guy

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: December 13, 2017, 02:00:38 pm »

obviously star wars lost all artistic integrity when Lukas started to work on it, cause fuck that guy
tbh george lucas never knew how to make good movies, he had tons of people tell him "no the scene should go like this instead" and "no you can't do that", for the prequels nobody told him what he should and shouldn't do. look how well that turned out.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: December 13, 2017, 02:21:04 pm »

You could start to see the rot in episode VI, with the Ewoks and the 3 part finale.  I'm still disappointed we got teddy bears instead of Wookies.  Granted, the 3-way finale was kind of great, but it foreshadowed the messy 4-way finale of Episode I.

Maybe if Lucas' marriage had been stronger we would have gotten prequels worthy of the original trilogy.  That's why I give the 7th movie a pass on the bits I don't like, because they clearly sat down and were like "we need to prove this is a real Star Wars movie, at all costs."  Not going to judge the new movies until I see where they go with them now that the shadow of the prequels has mostly been lifted.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: December 13, 2017, 02:25:58 pm »

Since when did this become a Star Wars discussion thread?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: December 13, 2017, 02:30:52 pm »

Also I enjoyed VII so take my nerd card away or whatever.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: December 13, 2017, 02:39:19 pm »

VII was basically just IV with a new coat on.

It... had flaws, but I guess I enjoyed it. Much like EH, I need to see how the next two go before I can actually give a reasoned opinion.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: December 13, 2017, 02:41:28 pm »

Oh man, ewoks. Those fucking things were worse than that whole unexpected dumpster fire of a romance arc that popped up in Attack of the Clones or w/e.

Fakeedit: I didn't do it. Shit. What was the last thing that made me laugh? I think it was this.
...That link probably won't work, bear with me. Couldn't find the video on YouTube for some reason.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: December 13, 2017, 07:41:40 pm »

The whole affair is just awful. One more franchise turned into a soulless profit-pumping machine.

I'm having serious trouble parsing this remark because I feel like you probably don't mean Star Wars, as that'd imply you'd somehow completely missed the past 30 years or so of Star Wars media.

Don't get me wrong, Lucas was a moneygrubbing asshole with marginal creative talent, but he didn't have shit on the capacity of Disney for cynically extracting every possible cent from every sucker willing to pay for mold-stamped nostalgia bait.

Like god damn, Mel Brooks' MOICHANDISING scene in Spaceballs was supposed to be a piss-take about the commercialization of Star Wars, not a how-to guide.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 882