Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 882

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when l change the title  (Read 1744522 times)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: We are very much amused
« Reply #750 on: December 03, 2014, 05:13:01 pm »

Bay12 parents are weird.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 03, 2014, 06:51:48 pm »

Spoiler: Mom (click to show/hide)
Wait, how can she believe animals change over time...but not believe evolution?

see there's these very (un)clear line on evolution

fucking microevolution where things change overtime

and macroevolution where we came from fucking rocks and that species can't change out of their 'kind' and are only able to change withing their 'kind', though nobody can really define what a 'kind' is, so it's really just the duct tape of words.

/sarcasm.

Regardless, is she a creationist? That joke may be relevant if that's so :P

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #752 on: December 03, 2014, 07:01:57 pm »

The reason I stopped believing  in Jesus as a personal savior is because I tested my faith.  But Im comfortable in my belief in God.  [shrugs]  And thats what I think is far more important.
Wait, what's the point of believing in God if he doesn't do anything?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 03, 2014, 07:10:43 pm »

The reason I stopped believing  in Jesus as a personal savior is because I tested my faith.  But Im comfortable in my belief in God.  [shrugs]  And thats what I think is far more important.
Well I never said that.

But its either a transitional phase, a compromise between religion and disillusionment.  Or it helps you guide your own life.  Some people need structure and to feel like they have either/both a private entity to talk to (that doesn't make them crazy) or a 'overseer' who will punish weakness or immorality.  And its a HUGE social boon to actually be able to convincingly talk of god/religion.

Personally, I think there is something much, much more capable than us, and its fun to try to twist people into the whole inter-dimensional God bit.  If God is outside space and time, than he could very well be Dr Who. :P

---

I just dont do the Jesus thing.  Good guy and all.  Not my God.  And Catholics consider Jesus >= God
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:12:33 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 03, 2014, 07:14:49 pm »

Well I never said that.

But its either a transitional phase, a compromise between religion and disillusionment.  Or it helps you guide your own life.  Some people need structure and to feel like they have either/both a private entity to talk to (that doesn't make them crazy) or a 'overseer' who will punish weakness or immorality.  And its a HUGE social boon to actually be able to convincingly talk of god/religion.

Personally, I think there is something much, much more capable than us, and its fun to try to twist people into the whole inter-dimensional God bit.  If God is outside space and time, than he could very well be Dr Who. :P

---

I just dont do the Jesus thing.  Good guy and all.  Not my God.  And Catholics consider Jesus >= God
Would that make satan the Daleks?

Wait nevermind. The Doctor killed satan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 03, 2014, 07:20:01 pm »

God dammit, Kevak.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #757 on: December 03, 2014, 10:33:14 pm »

Brits try to identify US states

Americans try to identify countries in Europe
The really sad thing is that for all my posturing, I wouldn't be any better than either of them.

Not a Catholic, but I'm pretty sure the teaching is that Jesus is God. For reference.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 03, 2014, 10:38:54 pm »

Why does me mistaking bulma for santa claus make me laugh so hard???

I was watching Saltybet with my brother, commenting on crap, and I said "OH SANTA CLAUS" when Bulma came out as an assist to Gohan. I started laughing really freaking hard when I realized what I had just said.

Then I remembered it about a minute ago and now my eyes are in tears and my face is red.

Why is this the funniest thing in the world to me???

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 03, 2014, 10:52:55 pm »

Brits try to identify US states

Americans try to identify countries in Europe
The really sad thing is that for all my posturing, I wouldn't be any better than either of them.

Oh man, all of the people got Texas right, even the guy who put in "Lots of racism" in there.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 03, 2014, 11:11:43 pm »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:20 pm »

The Americans actually did better than I expected with the map of Europe, though I'm surprised at how many people didn't get Russia. Russia, GB, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, and Italy are all there on almost all of them though, and a lot of people got Poland too. Maybe it's because people actively seek to disprove the stereotype that Americans don't know geography. Or maybe I read too much into things.

But the Brits labeling the map sadden me. Many of them left my glorious Ohio blank, and more of them mislabeled it. I'll accept the guy who drew the frowny face though, that's close enough in my book. I don't feel one way or the other about Illinois, but calling us Connecticut, now them's fightin' words.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 03, 2014, 11:22:49 pm »

as if our glorious class disparity and ivy league school and womens basketball could be mistaken for a state whose biggest claim to fame is being the setting of the Drew Carry Show the lovely and economically viable  state of Ohio.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 03, 2014, 11:25:55 pm »

Hey, a grand total of zero know where the state of Bob Dylan, Prince, MST3K, and endless hockey games is.  Labeled as Michigan...christ.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 03, 2014, 11:58:43 pm »

I really liked the one where North Dakota was identified correctly....and then placed five instances of Indiana under it.

Then placed South Dakota on the East Coast
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 882