Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 882

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when l change the title  (Read 1744584 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5221 laffs and counting
« Reply #5100 on: February 23, 2016, 01:20:00 pm »

"chinese" tattoos

the whole site's great

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: February 23, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »

X-Posted from an SA thread.

AWESOME. Almost makes me believe that SS13 isn't a real game, because it's too cool to be true, but it's GOT to be real.
Say, how video-intesive is it? I'm tempted to try it, but given most games crash my comp...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: February 23, 2016, 01:37:10 pm »

Say, how video-intesive is it? I'm tempted to try it, but given most games crash my comp...

It's a game about 2D spessmens. Video-intensive it is not. If your internet is not terrible I don't see why you would have any problems running the game. Actually playing it is something else though. It's one of the few games were checking guides and browsing wikis is heavily recommended because there's so much knowledge and information to keep track of and it's difficult (if not impossible) to learn it all blindly.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: February 23, 2016, 01:42:01 pm »

Say, how video-intesive is [SS13]?
Not very intensive at all, as almost everything is handled server-side. You're going to need a good amount of bandwidth, though, and ping can be a problem if you live far away from the server; in my experience, combat becomes difficult at over 100 milliseconds round-trip and basic interaction at over 300ms.

Partially ninja'd by USEC_OFFICER.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: February 23, 2016, 01:46:21 pm »

OK, Good internet required, good graphics not required.
As a starting point, which server is recomended? It seems Baystation is RP enforced? Is that a good thing for a newbie or a bad thing? Should I move this conversation to a different thread?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: February 23, 2016, 01:49:48 pm »

We do have a SS13 thread. More or less. Probably best to direct this conversation to there, yeah.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: February 23, 2016, 01:53:03 pm »

This is as good a thread as any I guess. The SS13 thread is sorta specifically for Urist Station, so maybe not an appropriate place to ask where to play (talking about other servers is, afaik, banned.) What server really depends on what sort of gameplay you want. Generally the servers are thought of as Goon being no rp, all crazy stupid shit (like the story), baystation (and Urist station, which is the station that is most connected to bay12) being very RP heavy and less crazy, and TG between the between point, with some RP, but still also a lot of gameplay and crazy stuff. Urist is probably a good bet to learn how to play, since there's probably people from bay12 that you know there and can help you out, and they are all nice. I personally think TG is the most fun to play on.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: February 23, 2016, 02:06:42 pm »

Note that buttbots and their ilk (synthbuttbots) don't exist on Baystation or tg; only Goonstation.

If starting out, I suggest asking for an easy and fairly out of the way job such as miner. That way you can learn the basics, stay out of trouble, and still perform a useful job.

I personally prefer goonmining over other codebases as even though goons are goons; you can be more or less self-sufficient with enough know how.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: February 23, 2016, 03:12:31 pm »

This is as good a thread as any I guess. The SS13 thread is sorta specifically for Urist Station, so maybe not an appropriate place to ask where to play (talking about other servers is, afaik, banned.) What server really depends on what sort of gameplay you want. Generally the servers are thought of as Goon being no rp, all crazy stupid shit (like the story), baystation (and Urist station, which is the station that is most connected to bay12) being very RP heavy and less crazy, and TG between the between point, with some RP, but still also a lot of gameplay and crazy stuff. Urist is probably a good bet to learn how to play, since there's probably people from bay12 that you know there and can help you out, and they are all nice. I personally think TG is the most fun to play on.
My god, when did *Urist* become RP heavy?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: February 23, 2016, 06:53:52 pm »

I just bought SanctuaryRPG on steam on a whim since it was on sale. No regrets.
Spoiler: None (click to show/hide)

what

alternatively: why
Please tell me there's some RNG at work there...

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5111 on: February 23, 2016, 06:59:04 pm »

"One to enjoy watersports, you always liked extreme breaststroking."

That innuendo.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: February 23, 2016, 07:02:06 pm »

What is that even.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5114 on: February 23, 2016, 07:18:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 882