Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881]

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1576629 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

It’s only the most commonly used letter in the English language.
That is so. In fact, I doubt you could conjour up any valid string of words that say anything important but avoids that particular glyph within its construction... <_<
I remember hearing about a book called Gadsby from 1939 that was written without using a word with the letter E in it.
This goes a little further: no e in French or the English translation.

There was also a book written in French with no verbs, which is what led me to “A Void”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had also heard of A Void but went with Gadsby because it was older but I probably should have mentioned A Void due to the French and English versions both lacking the letter E. That book that doesn't use verbs sounds interesting, I'll need to look into that.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881]