Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 882

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when l change the title  (Read 1774033 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

The game really wanted me to kill a rampaging guerilla, but instead I lured it to the village cookpot and put it to sleep with soporific herbs.  Everyone rejoiced :D
You, uh. Seem to have fed someone to a village of cannibals, there? That probably counts as killing the rampaging guerilla :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Cannibals??  No, I'm a botanist/anthropologist who studied other tribes in the area!  Surely I would know if they were cannibals.  Besides, the gorilla was fine!
Quote from: AI
You earned the "Gorilla Slayer" ending. Congrats!
ohno
Quote from: Me
I got the gorilla slayer ending even though I didn't kill the gorilla, I tranquilized her.  Everybody wins!
Quote from: AI
Haha true. I didn't actually think anyone would try to use the soporific leaves to sedate the gorilla instead of outright fighting her. I guess I should have known better than to underestimate a botanist / anthropologist!
...The gorilla was not fine, was she

Am I a Mx Magoo of botanist-anthropologists?
I told them some stories for their hospitality but didn't have a chance to listen to theirs (or eat from the pot... thankfully??).  Cannibals or not, treating them with respect seemed to work out!
(it did not work with the giant spider, that adventure ended quickly)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

the joke was that gorilla and guerilla are very different things in regards to what's going in a cooking pot. Long pork ain't bushmeat :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Mobile game ad that doesn't make you skip instantly

Whoever is doing their marketing is on top of their meme game and is not getting paid enough for this shit.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ad that doesn't make you skip instantly

No that is what adblock is for ;)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is no such thing as an add I don't want to skip the moment it starts.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Or put another way, video ads should rightfully be considered and treated as malware on par with anything else that tries to excessively suck up your computer's resources without your explicit and individual consent. Up to me the damn things would be criminal, and there'd be a hard limit on how large (in terms of kb size, probably capping at below a full mb, with a limit on how many can be on a reasonable resolution screen at once) a picture ad could be.

If that could be enforced, we wouldn't have to treat advertising like an active assault on our computers. It'd still be a nuisance, but a hell of a lot less likely to crash our programs.
Ask not!
Ask!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Not even classic Old Spice?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

And who can forget loooooooong maaaaaan??
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not even classic Old Spice?
I was specifically talking about the computer and phone adds there since they all suck, but some TV adds are okay as long as there funny which include those.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile

Discovered a right-wing Christian nutbag on TV Tropes who was going around editing pages with some long comments on why, treating his opinions as undebatable fact. I'm almost disappointed he got banned or left after editing the transgender useful notes page, there was something amusing about him flipping from editing a DBZ page to make the information more lore-appropriate to railing on about how being gay is evil.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

That's pretty funny.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

It's not gay to collect all the dragonballs so long as you say no dragonhomo afterwards

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

If he said the gays are evil, that's not really Christian.

If he said the gays are sinful, that's Christian.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

It's maybe christian, and functionally meaningless regardless. Everyone's sinful, there's little point in singling anyone in particular out barring maybe some of the truly egregious sins like lack of charity towards the needy. Folks constantly seem to forget that's the one god blew up some cities for, not the homo. I'd wonder why, but the why's pretty obvious, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 882