Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 882

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when l change the title  (Read 1772403 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 1223237 views lol
« Reply #12225 on: March 01, 2022, 08:28:28 pm »

Yeah the Sims 2 (and I think 1?) casually including homosexuality was pretty awesome for the time.  Sad, but true.  I could go on about my conflicted feelings about rainbow capitalism but this is the laugh thread.  I guess I'll say, as non-binary that I'm appreciative for the step and recognize their reasons.

And EA is horrible.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with selling DLC (fight me elsewhere about it) but they mistreat their employees.  And yeah, it's not like this is a sweeping EA policy, this is the Sims team.  I've been happy with 3.

Edit: Oh but the bottom-right response is especially based.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 10:31:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: March 01, 2022, 10:28:52 pm »

Oh I see, it didn’t load properly when I first clicked the link.

Do EA need some goodwill or something? They make boatloads of money making decidedly okay games, they didn’t have to do this.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12227 on: March 01, 2022, 11:59:01 pm »

The Bottom Right response is both a great point and relevant to this thread.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: March 02, 2022, 07:06:48 pm »

EA needs to go the way of Blizzard. They're responsible for like 75% of the horrid trends in gaming today.

They couldn't do shit to redeem themselves in my eyes. Like if someone comes in and steals my TV I'm just gonna not care in a few years and invite them for tea.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12229 on: March 02, 2022, 07:17:48 pm »

... wait, by go the way of blizzard, do you mean "get bought by Microsoft"? 'Cause that's the way blizzard is in the process of going.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12230 on: March 03, 2022, 02:56:28 am »

Wouldn't getting bought out by Microsoft make it worse?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12231 on: March 03, 2022, 07:22:03 am »

Eh... probably not. It might not make things better, but it'd be unlikely to make things worse. Same with actiblizz, basically.

None of that is praise for M$, mind. Just acknowledgment of how staggeringly shit the others involved are :P
Ask not!
Ask!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12232 on: March 03, 2022, 02:48:36 pm »

EA being bought out by Microsoft would be infinitely worse, as at least now they have to both try not to be the bigger dick.
The whole "At least I'm not as bad as them" provides marginal protections, and an opposing employer for people to join.

Monopolies are BAD.  Do people not get that?
Like seriously, please let me know if you think a Monopoly is NOT a bad thing, so I can explain it.  I thought it was obvious...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12233 on: March 03, 2022, 06:31:58 pm »

Monopoly wouldn't be great, no, but this is your daily reminder EA is only about 50% larger than such notables as... Roblox. Way, way smaller than microsoft already is. EA being eaten by MS wouldn't really change much, market share wise.
Ask not!
Ask!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #12234 on: March 03, 2022, 06:41:01 pm »

I'm inferring that 'going the way of Blizzard' means that the heinous abuse of employees and the rampant sexism and bigotry there behind gets uncanned to public observation, not that they get bought by another company.

Blizzard has soundly, SOUNDLY thrashed their goodwill with their fans and it's bittersweet to see them tarnished (as they deserve) in the social sphere as their misdeeds come to light.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: March 03, 2022, 06:53:19 pm »

Paradox got slammed recently.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12236 on: March 06, 2022, 02:58:11 pm »

"You volunteered to watch a Powerpoint."

Although the wildly distorted voice (recorded with a bad internet connection) is distracting. Sounds like she's talking through a fan.

Edit: Nothing? Hows about this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 06:10:56 pm by Iduno »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12237 on: March 11, 2022, 04:14:25 am »

"You volunteered to watch a Powerpoint."

Although the wildly distorted voice (recorded with a bad internet connection) is distracting. Sounds like she's talking through a fan.

Edit: Nothing? Hows about this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wait WTF, that's real and not a meme?

Quote from: Wikipedia
    Often disregarded as part of any continuity, Li’l Bruce Wayne was a long-running series of light-hearted comic books aimed at children, detailing the life of a young, fantastically wealthy Bruce Wayne (known in the series as “The Happiest Kid On Earth”) in the years before the deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne and his subsequent transformation into Batman

The series was originally created by Bill Finger and Jerry Robinson to fill a gap in DC‘s publishing schedule after the cancellation of More Fun Comics in 1946, and ran through the majority of the Silver Age despite being regarded by editors and fans alike as being “extremely depressing” [citation needed] and is usually left out of any discussion of the character. It is notable, however, as being the first published comic book work of writer/artist Frank Miller.

EDIT: I got punked hard.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12238 on: March 11, 2022, 05:10:24 am »

Li'l Bruce Wayne looks exactly like Richie Rich, except with black instead of blonde hair. Particularly interesting since it's a different publisher and artist.

PRE-EDIT: I can't find the wiki page described for Li'l Bruce Wayne.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: March 12, 2022, 02:32:08 am »

So does that mean Richie Rich could become Batman if you killed his parents to?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 882