Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Someone who gets the new version before the site goes down, Torrent + Mediafire  (Read 3829 times)

Xazo-Tak

• Bay Watcher
  • *Camping forever*
    • View Profile

And check for an alternate download before you use conventional.
How to have recursive Fun:
Have Fun
Reclaim fort
Destroy your main graveyard with a cave-in

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

I'll pledge to do this if no one beats me to it.  What if forums are down?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Non-Bay12 DF communities exist, no?
Stuff like Reddit, the quadrillion Steam groups and what have you...

* DarkDXZ shrugs

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile

Why are you telling us this now? Toady said we have about seven more months until he tells us that the update still isn't finished.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

My Urist Eternal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about a reddit thread for people who are willing to help seed? I'd be in.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Seeders won't be a problem.  The problem will be ensuring that people can find the torrent at all.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

What's patience?  :-\

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you can get it up on the FB page at https://www.facebook.com/losingisfun it will reach 15,000 followers
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile

Seeders won't be a problem.  The problem will be ensuring that people can find the torrent at all.
How about a reddit thread for linking people to the torrent?
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Also maybe we could get Toady to tweet about that? Like maybe give a link to an official/fan torrent or something?
(I don't even know how torrents work, I haven't done anything in that regard for years.)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Why are you telling us this now? Toady said we have about seven more months until he tells us that the update still isn't finished.
You may have confused months with days there.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about a reddit thread for linking people to the torrent?

Seems like a good idea.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile

This is a great idea, somebody should put the torrent up on the DF File Depot, too, as well as the full thing itself. If you put a link to those in a post, then a lot of people are bound to find it and make use of it at least in this community.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a great idea, somebody should put the torrent up on the DF File Depot, too, as well as the full thing itself. If you put a link to those in a post, then a lot of people are bound to find it and make use of it at least in this community.

wimbli.com (the DFFD domain) is already "Mirror 2" on the DF download page: http://bay12games.com/dwarves/

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile

Well would you look at that. Did those mirrors get overloaded after the last big release?
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.
Pages: [1] 2