Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh god what do i do  (Read 2487 times)

Zemouregal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh god what do i do
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:37:29 am »

This appeared.

Zemouregal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god what do i do
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:27:54 am »

I dont have any traps set up, so I think a plan would be:

1. Make some dwarves sacrafice themselves, or some furniture to buy time to cage it, then deal with it from there.
2. Try my best in combat.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:46:57 am »

XD The picture didn't show up, so I don't know, but here's a dwarven rule of thumb that has always helped me out in a pinch.

When in doubt, burn everything.

Magma is always the solution.
Regards,
Dampe

Zemouregal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 11:57:31 am »

Thank god for the goblins.

They were doing an ambush on my fortress after giantess Os came in. Os made quick work of them, and a human caravan was decimated, but did take down Os. My war dogs tore up the final goblin and he is in what I counted, 6 peices.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 03:20:24 pm »

At least it's not a Bronze Colossus.

Or, even worse, a metal blob Forgotten Beast (and they can come at the same times semimegabeasts would...)

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 07:07:04 pm »

normally these things aren't that nasty, if you have reasonably good military dwarves. Flesh and blood and no deadly dust or poison.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 08:16:11 am »

Just build a wall around your fortress and pick her off with a marksdwarf.
Regards,
Dampe

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 09:22:57 am »

Rule of thumb, if the monster is out of flesh and bone and not spitting any poisons then its relatively
easy to kill/catch.

If its out of metal well.... have fun...

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 09:56:32 am »

XD The picture didn't show up, so I don't know, but here's a dwarven rule of thumb that has always helped me out in a pinch.

Magma is not the solution for the steel pterosaur forgotten beast with deadly dust that attacked my. In fact, excluding insta-kill exploits, any procedural megabeast made of steel is unkillable without adamantine slashing weapons, and one made of iron is still immune to magma.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 10:19:41 am »

Hmm. Seems even for a steel beast, a nice swim in magma followed by a cool refreshing rinse with water ought to take care of it.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 11:33:44 am »

Magma is not the solution for the steel pterosaur forgotten beast with deadly dust that attacked my. In fact, excluding insta-kill exploits, any procedural megabeast made of steel is unkillable without adamantine slashing weapons, and one made of iron is still immune to magma.

Dude, if there's a steel dinosaur with deadly dust in your fort, you're already screwed.
Regards,
Dampe

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 04:27:38 am »

Set up some nice enclosures for it and set up minecart routes that take visitors on tours!

Just don't add velociraptors and you should be fine.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 08:22:18 am »

Set up some nice enclosures for it and set up minecart routes that take visitors on tours!

Just don't add velociraptors and you should be fine.

Oh, absolutely nothing could go wrong with a dwarven version of Jurassic Park.
Regards,
Dampe

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »

Rule of thumb, if the monster is out of flesh and bone and not spitting any poisons then its relatively
easy to kill/catch.

Relatively. Everything can and will wreck everything in its path given the right circumstances and ungodly luck. Example: Crazed tukeys, something that cauesd a lot more trouble than it should have. But, as long as you don't mod in something that doesn't need connective tissue to move and can't feel pain, flesh and blood creatures will usually go down after getting hamstringed or taking too much pain.

At least we won't rely on electric fences that will fail, not having electricity.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 02:37:11 pm »

At least we won't rely on electric fences that will fail, not having electricity.

When the building destroyer takes out the windmill, causing the mechanical power level to drop, causing the repeating upright spikes to stop repeating, and causing the magma pumps to stop pumping....
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: [1] 2