Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 17725 times)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2014, 02:22:43 pm »

Dig out and give Cain a couple native copper ore.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2014, 03:42:19 pm »

Hmm, the situation looks rather grave. We have goblins ogling our children and an underground cave ready to be used as an entrance by some dwarf-chomping beast. Of course, we can setup a militia with the required equipment but it will take years before we have strong enough military. Instead I suggest we band together and support each other to complete a basic defense plan: various traps located at keypoints. For starters we build two lines of stone traps at the settlement's entrance and a line at our future quarters. The stairs in the caves should be surrounded by cage traps.
A mechanic's workshop with which I can produce the required mechanisms can be built near the mason's workshop. The stones used for this can be put in a community stockpile linked to the workshop.

OOC:
I hope this made sense, was a bit drowsy when writing this. Also, you could try linking a bauxite-only stockpile to my workshop Neblime? 

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2014, 09:44:34 pm »

I hope this made sense, was a bit drowsy when writing this. Also, you could try linking a bauxite-only stockpile to my workshop Neblime?
ah, of course!  On that note did you want to continue using bauxite?  I remember you asking for other stone types

starting next season now
edit- nevermind cain you already said you'd make a pick for the miners (right?)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:07:16 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2014, 10:02:01 pm »

Can you show me exactly what my room looks like with the aquifer?
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2014, 10:16:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
there you go anubis.  note the cut gems as requested ( total value 1000)
the lower part is the z level below, and you can't expand to the right because thats where the stairwell is (+ some mining that occured earlier)
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2014, 10:55:10 pm »

Diary of Neblime Zangethad 1st moonstone 101
thankfully the miners volunteered to mine out some new rooms for the other citizens
that damned aquifer impeded our progress yet again (this is 9 levels down!) and we were unable to finish the block of rooms to the west
Cain also kindly bought a barrel of river spirits from the humans with four of his copper bars.
The above ground farms are also operational, so the drink situation should be improving soon. 
We never reached 0 drinks left but nonetheless some dwarves decided to drink from the brook. 
It was fortunate that they did so as they intercepted another snatcher before he found any children
taking a swipe at the nearby peasant which missed he then fled without incident, as a result we now have two full time marksdwarves to respond to such incidents.  They are skilled hunters already so I expect them to be effective against individual thieves and such.
Kalkor had to take a break from mining out the new rooms momentarily
my congratulations to her
Then some migrants arrived along with a dwarven caravan.  among them was 2 farmers, 1 fisherdwarf and 10 children!  are we an orphanage now?
Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2014, 01:56:36 am »

Standing Goals

Exploratory Mining (includes but is not limited to searching for magma, mining out rooms works too)
Work on memorial hall
Have woodcutter and woodburner make charcoal.

I would still like to get a kiln up but since I don't have mason & architect skills so I would prefer to negotiate with someone to get it built preferably in an area near clay/fire clay.

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2014, 02:11:21 am »

Ooh, are the children adoptable? I don't think I have any.

ah, of course!  On that note did you want to continue using bauxite?  I remember you asking for other stone types
Bauxite and gabbro are both fine with me. :)

I would still like to get a kiln up but since I don't have mason & architect skills so I would prefer to negotiate with someone to get it built preferably in an area near clay/fire clay.
I humbly offer my services.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2014, 04:06:00 am »

oh I forgot to note in the other post,
Rigor, Elorf, Cain and Kalkor all gain 3 influence for doing a charitable deed for the fortress

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2014, 08:28:46 am »

Could you upload the save so I can plan my rooms out?  I think it will be easier this way.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 19, 2014, 07:15:41 pm »

Cool, make 1 copper set of armor and give it to erlof as I promised him. Then influence this guy for whatever it will cost:
NPC skills: a competent swordsdwarf/novice carpenter

He is to first make a wooden weapon stand or armor stand, then I would ask one of the miners to build a small room for training next to/near the entrance of our cave.

Not sure if I need to pay again for the rest, if I do, do so:

He (the carpenter) is to take my iron sword and train with it, 1 iron armor set as well, with recent threats I would have at least one warrior armed in addition to our miners. He can continue his other duties but must spend at least 1/3 of a year training unless something comes up. (this can be spaced out as you please)

Cain can try to squeeze in some hammer training if the chance comes up, but I expect he will be rather busy so that is not priority.

I apologize if that is not how it works and for my lack of attention to this game. I have been rather busy in several areas of life and this one was at the back of my mind.

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2014, 03:11:58 am »

Cool, make 1 copper set of armor and give it to Elorf as I promised him.
Great that you remembered it! Although, ah, bronze would be preferable. I gladly offer all my bronze bars for that use.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2014, 09:19:27 am »

Cool, make 1 copper set of armor and give it to Elorf as I promised him.
Great that you remembered it! Although, ah, bronze would be preferable. I gladly offer all my bronze bars for that use.
Make it bronze then, tbh all I know about armor is that: iron good, steal better, adamantium even better.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2014, 11:38:23 am »

I humbly offer my services.

Is there something you would like in exchange?

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2014, 01:39:01 pm »

Make it bronze then, tbh all I know about armor is that: iron good, steal better, adamantium even better.
Hehe, it's just that when I think of copper I think of the terrible stuff kobold thieves take with them. You can hardly make a dent with those copper daggers.

Is there something you would like in exchange?
Well, if it is only one kiln I will give you the rock block for free, out of the goodness of my heart if you will. Now, if you're talking about a grand brick factory capable of pumping more bricks than you know what to do with... Then something could be negotiated. :D
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17