Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 17741 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2014, 08:54:26 pm »

Let us commence the meeting for spring 101.
Neblime will, of course, continue peasant work.
I would like to propose a positive tradition:
Creating or improving wealth from raw resources, what is more dwarvenly?
(I was thinking you would gain influence for every season you do such activities, and I was worried it was getting too hard to gain influence over time, there should be some reward for being a hardworking dwarf improving the wealth of the settlement)
OOC: no need to post what you'll do this season if I didn't finish whatever your last orders were but please vote on the tradition and post any other influence based actions
also remember building impressive structures (like the memorial hall) will grant influence
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2014, 10:03:51 pm »

Mostly the old stuff with the only tradition change being the one proposed in regards to new skills.

If possible I would like to hire a woodcutter and a wood burner to produce charcoal.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2014, 10:52:14 pm »

Mostly the old stuff with the only tradition change being the one proposed in regards to new skills.
does that mean you aren't voting for mine?  :'(
If possible I would like to hire a woodcutter and a wood burner to produce charcoal.
we dont have a dedicated wood burner but the unskilled peasant or a farmer can certainly be spared
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2014, 12:43:55 am »

I sort of thought there was a limit to how many we could vote for. Also at this stage yours seems to give influence to others but not necessarily me and I would prefer to avoid the disadvantage this early on.

I have had times when I have thought we would almost benefit from having another thread where all the public character information was stored and no discussion happened. Something like a character sheet, listing skills, titles, influence, items, properties, supported traditions and such. It would be a pain to constantly update it though.

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2014, 05:27:24 am »

Do we first nominate traditions and afterwards vote for the ones we like?
If so, I propose a tradition.

Positive:
Rest and work in places surrounded by rock (got to remember out heritage)

I have had times when I have thought we would almost benefit from having another thread where all the public character information was stored and no discussion happened. Something like a character sheet, listing skills, titles, influence, items, properties, supported traditions and such. It would be a pain to constantly update it though.
We could use a wikia to store the more static stuff. A bit like we did with the previous fort, http://gorgeadmired.wikia.com/wiki/Gorgeadmired_Wiki.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2014, 11:19:57 am »

I will vote but will not suggest any traditions

A wiki sounds like a good idea.

To the Overseer

if there isn't an aquifer, could you expand the throne room south one block, so it will be an odd number wide?  Then build a downward staircase symmetrical with the up down one.

I would like you to then carve out a rectangular dining room that is in the same "frame" as the throne room above it.

It costs one influence to press a dwarf into service, right?

Also, if my requests become annoying or confusing just upload the save so I can add the plans myself and then I will reupload back to you.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:24:17 am by RabidAnubis »
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2014, 04:21:05 pm »

does that mean you aren't voting for mine?  :'(
we dont have a dedicated wood burner but the unskilled peasant or a farmer can certainly be spared
I don't want to be left entirely influenceless so can I inquire as to the cost?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2014, 05:56:44 pm »

I sort of thought there was a limit to how many we could vote for..
oops, I completely forgot about that, you're right, but you could withdraw your vote from your first proposed tradition for this improved one (or any others that you feel like aren't worth your vote, on that note I think i'll withdraw a few)
I don't want to be left entirely influenceless so can I inquire as to the cost?
paying 1 influence for an NPC means that someone has to pay 2 influence (or more) for him to get him to work for them, then you might pay 3 to get him back etc, so pay as much as you want but if no one contests it 1 influence means he's yours forever.
if there isn't an aquifer, could you expand the throne room south one block, so it will be an odd number wide?  Then build a downward staircase symmetrical with the up down one.
not sure what you mean about the staircase position, how far into the throne room should it be?
Do we first nominate traditions and afterwards vote for the ones we like?
yes basically to make it easier for me.  after a bit of time to give everyone a chance to get in i'll summarize the proposed traditions with my vote (as below) and then everyome who wishes can post their votes

traditions to vote on
positive:
creating wealth from raw materials (yes)
Rest in work in places surrounded by rock (yes)
negative:
Learn new skills without the assistance of someone who already posseses those skills (no)

I am also withdrawing my vote from; fleeing from battle, living above ground, and voluntarily doing peasant work
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:02:11 pm by neblime »

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2014, 06:44:45 pm »

Okay so I want to clear my previous votes(which I think were technically too many) and vote for.
positive:
Doing something of a charitable nature for the fort or it's residents(yes)
negative:
Learn new skills without the assistance of someone who already posseses those skills (yes)

Will be looking at doing some other stuff too but need to think about it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:55:47 pm by sal880612m »

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2014, 11:53:39 pm »

The staircase should be placed so it is the opposite of the one above it.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2014, 03:56:09 am »

The traditions I vote for are:
Positive:
Creating wealth from raw materials (yes)
Rest and work in places surrounded by rock (yes)
Negative:
Theft is deplorable (yes)
Learn new skills without the assistance of someone who already posseses those skills (yes)

I assume we have to vote for the previous traditions as well?
I don't mind making the wiki, but what's the name of our settlement? Has it been mentioned at all? ???

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2014, 04:01:37 am »

Stilltools is the name of the settlemnt.  You dont need to keep stating your tradition votes unless they change (at least thats my interpretation of the op)

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2014, 06:12:47 am »

Stilltools is the name of the settlemnt.  You dont need to keep stating your tradition votes unless they change (at least thats my interpretation of the op)
Ah, alright. Consider this a new vote since I couldn't attend the previous meeting.
I'll make the wiki this afternoon.

Edit:
And lo, the wiki is born. The link: http://stilltools.wikia.com/wiki/Stilltools_Wiki

Influence Action
I would like to take on an apprentice, a peasant or former farmer will do. 1 influence will be invested and the apprentice will do masonry and hauling. By the way, are there also other kind of stones? I consider bauxite to be a bit too valuable for just rock blocks. :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:03:19 am by Elorf »

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2014, 09:20:59 am »

Ah, alright. Consider this a new vote since I couldn't attend the previous meeting.
I'll make the wiki this afternoon.

Edit:
And lo, the wiki is born. The link: http://stilltools.wikia.com/wiki/Stilltools_Wiki

Influence Action
I would like to take on an apprentice, a peasant or former farmer will do. 1 influence will be invested and the apprentice will do masonry and hauling. By the way, are there also other kind of stones? I consider bauxite to be a bit too valuable for just rock blocks. :)

I will sell some bauxite to you so long as you make me some furniture.

Also, I would like to apprentice the jewler.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2014, 09:44:31 am »

I would like to hire a woodcutter and someone who can be spared to burn wood.

I would like to spend 3 on the woodcutter, and 1 on the other person.

Edit: Assuming I get the woodcutter and other person. I would like to set the wood cutter to chopping and do what is necessary/possible to get to burning wood for charcoal but always leaving at least 10 raw logs.

If Cain is okay with it I would like to set up a deal where I use his wood furnace to make coal and he will recieve 3 of every 5 coal produced at least for the present.

Also updated wiki page for my character with various information: http://stilltools.wikia.com/wiki/Rigor_Gazcubor
First time I have done it so it is probably terrible and poorly done so I won't mind terribly if it gets changed format/template wise so long as the content is roughly the same.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:38:31 am by sal880612m »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17