Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 17703 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2014, 10:33:40 pm »

If Cain is okay with it I would like to set up a deal where I use his wood furnace to make coal and he will receive 3 of every 5 coal produced at least for the present.

Fine with this deal, 3/5 will serve me well enough.

Not sure if the tradition would give too much to too many people too easily, so I will oppose it for now. Also against the other one.

Edit: God I hate my to, too, and twos.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:36:19 pm by Cain12 »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2014, 09:54:02 pm »

sorry i've been a bit busy, will end the meeting and continue later today
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2014, 08:29:27 pm »

Summary of spring 101 meeting:
creating wealth from raw resources: 2/1
rest and work in places surrounded by rock: 2/1
learn new skills without assistance: 2/1
Doing something charitable for the fort or residents: 2/0 (I will also vote for that)
(if you don't vote no for something at a meeting i have to assume you're abstaining otherwise no tradition would get off the ground due to the absent players!)
Elorf spends 1 influence to control the peasant Ingish Gimurdin
Kalkor Gemstrike spends 1 influence to control the jeweler As Eggutzaneg
Rigor Gazcubor spends 3 influence to control the woodworker Solon Kanmuthkat and 1 influence to control the fisherdwarf Urdim Tileshrakust(no one has any woodburning skill except cain and he is of little use to the fortress in general)

Missed this question:
I assume we have to vote for the previous traditions as well?
if you want to have an impact on them yes, but if you want to support a tradition but are out of votes you would want to abstain
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:37:33 pm by neblime »
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2014, 09:13:13 pm »

--INTERRUPT--
Diary of Neblime Zangethad 8th Hematite 101
An eventful few days to be sure. 
that child who claimed a craftsdwarfs workshop earlier finally finished.. wasting our time.
Spoiler:  worth 6000 (click to show/hide)
utterly useless.
Rigor Gazcubor said he was "searching for coal" in the deeps but he actually almost fell 20 urists into an underground lake
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
there's plenty of mushrooms down there but as yet no interesting minerals or creatures
Then I saw quite a distrubing sight on the horizon
perhaps we can get them to leave if we buy some of their crap?
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:43:33 am by neblime »

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2014, 11:42:48 am »

My woodcutter is cutting down trees and the fisherdwarf is making coal yes?
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2014, 05:46:08 pm »

yes indeed, however neither are worth much as a trade good and you don't have much of either

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2014, 06:03:29 pm »

I was just checking, since there was no mention of it.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2014, 07:25:29 pm »

I was just checking, since there was no mention of it.
not a full update so i wasnt listing everything.

Well it seems no one wants to trade. I shall continue presently

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2014, 10:06:51 pm »

Okay what happened sense my last post.  I'm sorry but I went out for three days on a camp.  I would have updated you guys but there was no signal -.-
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:49:02 pm by RabidAnubis »
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2014, 10:29:32 am »

An agreement has been established between me and Kalkor Gemstrike. I get 30 bauxite stones in exchange for 5 pieces of furniture, which Kalkor will request later. I assume that from now on stoneworkers have to possess stones before they can use them.
Additionally I cancel my previous requests from the mason workshops and instead add 25 "make bauxite rock block" tasks.
It's time to get some quality building going on. :D

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2014, 10:01:18 pm »

Diary of Neblime Zangethad 3rd Limestone 101
rigor descended into the depths searching for magma.  he didn't get far before he encountered a SECOND cavern layer
He did however have time to start some sort of memorial hall
Kalkor wanted to expand his residence but found the aquifer was in his way in all directions (including straight down I'm afraid)
He will have to make new plans.
Some more migrants arrived.
among them were 2 rangers, 1 peasant, 4 fisherdwarves, 3 children and 1 craftsdwarf.  They also bought some nice juicy animals with them.
I am worried.  The hovel is getting quite crowded, despite the fact we expanded into the small hilltop on the level above, and yet they still come!
our food situation is good with all the animals they keep bringing, but we're struggling to produce enough drink, as a result we have opened up two new plump helmet plots.
but what's this?  perhaps our salvation
perhaps one of our more mindful citizens will trade with them for booze.  Aside from the usual items they brought a buck rabbit, a rooster and an iron two handed sword!
but then tragedy occured.  the scream of a child alerted me to something going on out near the underpass
the goblin promptly snatched the child into his bag and escaped, but with an injury like that I don't think the child will survive long.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:25:32 am by neblime »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2014, 10:04:30 pm »

Let us begin the summer 101 meeting. 
I will continue doing peasant work,
but I would like to request cain to use his metalworking skills to either make some armor and weapons for a militia or some ammunition, it is clear that the goblins are aware of our presence and I believe we must start preparing now.  If you help us the fortress would be indebted to you (aka influence gain)
I would also ask that any citizen with the initiative and skill to carve out some proper underground bedrooms, even simply a bedroom for yourself would help alleviate crowded conditions in the hovel a little.
Additionally any purchase of alcohol from the humans would also elevate a dwarf in our eyes

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2014, 09:57:43 am »

I guess for the moment halt the search for magma and alternate between mining out iron and getting some underground rooms set up. I am willing to provide iron ores to Cain if he wants to help arm a militia so long as he will also make me a new pick axe as I am currently borrowing one I believe. If possible on top of what is needed to set up a militia I would also like to give some iron ore to him for making me a new pickaxe but I think the priority should be arming a militia. Should there be enough left over after setting up the militia and making a new pickaxe I would like to give Cain up to 10 iron ore for making the pick axe. If there is less than 10 iron ore remaining just give him what remains.

The center of the memorial hall was meant to be an access stairway but with the current set up it doesn't make sense so it can just be mined in whatever way respects the current pattern of the hall. Also did one of the pillars get smoothed and engraved?

On the topic of drinks, I am willing to part with my various above ground seeds/plants. I believe I have wild strawberry, longland grass, and prickle berry. I don't know our situation exactly but if they can be planted above ground they will likely end up helping
the drink situation eventually. Nothing I can or am willing to trade at this point.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2014, 10:06:16 am »

I will mine bedrooms for the others, donating my services to the fortress.

Can my jewler set up a jewlers shop in my hall for now and start cutting my gems?
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2014, 02:06:54 pm »

Will buy booze, selling 4 copper bars, much as I can get for that. Probably not much.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17