Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: AMBUSH  (Read 4082 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: Level One
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 12:58:08 am »

((Why doesn't derm take half the bullets and use magic to set them off? then everybody is happy. Just a little advice from the sidelines.))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 12:59:59 am »

((Because I don't actually know if the bone rod actually does anything, and also because style.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2014, 01:01:11 am »

Flail and a few throwing knives.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2014, 04:43:32 am »

((Hmm, If HE could shoot bullets without a gun it would be fine, since you could shoot MAGIC out of the gun. but I digress. Now slipping back into nonexistence until one of you lot get killed.))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2014, 12:34:00 pm »

((I did kind of intend for disputes over treasure to be a thing in this, so odds are I won't step in unless things get really out of hand. Just remember that there's going to be a hell of a lot of better stuff on lower floors, so there's no real need to argue too heatedly this early on. Also, still waiting on Yoink to post, I'll PM him some time later today if he hasn't responded by then.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2014, 02:33:12 am »

>Just take a crowbar, mainly for use as a walking stick.
>Offer helpful advice to the pair squabbling over the revolver.

"You know, when I visited the Toskian Highlands years ago, the tribes there usually settled such disputes with a trial-by-combat. It may sound barbaric to us, but when the object of said dispute was a weapon, well, it generally ended up in the hands of the person most able to use it."
Pang smiles a goofy-old-man smile, shakes his head and then turns to hobble off to the double doors.

>Approach the double doors, poke at them with my crowbar.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2014, 07:37:33 pm »

Beirus, I'm willing to take the pike and give you the rapier instead if you want that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 12:23:19 am »

((It's a nice offer, but the thing is that I don't want the pike or rapier, I want the revolver. Seeing as how the dice determined that Derm wasn't the one who opened the box, I feel I should have dibs on it anyway. But maybe the dice should decide it. Wwolin, mind doing a roll for it? While I would like the rapier more than the pike, I feel that would be unfair to you, Persus. I'll take the pike if the dice decide that Derm should end up with the revolver. I'll just have to take out my frustration by stabbing the first horse we find to death.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 12:29:56 am »

((dice roll under the guise of arm wrestling?))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 01:36:59 am »

((Yes! We should do this.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 07:38:24 am »

((It's a nice offer, but the thing is that I don't want the pike or rapier, I want the revolver. Seeing as how the dice determined that Derm wasn't the one who opened the box, I feel I should have dibs on it anyway. But maybe the dice should decide it. Wwolin, mind doing a roll for it? While I would like the rapier more than the pike, I feel that would be unfair to you, Persus. I'll take the pike if the dice decide that Derm should end up with the revolver. I'll just have to take out my frustration by stabbing the first horse we find to death.))
That's understandable. I don't really care what I get, a long as it is something good.

((Yes! We should do this.))
THis idea sounds good.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: Level One: Lootin' and Disputin'
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2014, 11:06:42 am »

Noticing his companions squabbling over the gun, Pang suggests that they settle things through combat before picking up the crowbar and heading towards the double doors.

Pang: 2+1

The crowbar slides nicely between the doors, but instead of being pried apart, the soft wood gives way, resulting in a hole just large enough for a man to pass through being torn out of them. Surprisingly, there's the familiar flicker of torchlight on the other side of the opening. Looks like this cavern really is a grotto after all.

Derm and Jase briefly consider the old man's advice, before concluding that instead of fighting and potentially killing each other, it would be better to arm wrestle for it.

Derm: 5
Jase: 4

The two of them lie down on the cavern floor and grip each other's palms firmly. One... Two... THREE! Both of them start trying to force the other's hand to the floor. It's a very close struggle, but eventually despite Jase's muscles, Derm gets the literal upper hand, pinning Jase's arm to the ground before picking himself up, dusting himself off, and snatching up the revolver and ammo.

Billy meanwhile decides to take advantage of Derm's high spirits and trades him the bone wand for the rapier and his share of throwing knives.

Lastly, Kel decides that she'd rather take loot than argue over it, and picks up the flail and a pair of knives before turning towards the doorway.

Spoiler: Persus13 / Billy Snow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink / Pang the Wise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonster / Derm (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2014, 11:09:24 am »

Oh well. Grab the pike and go check out the next room. If there is a horse or other steed in there, stab it to death. If not, look around for interesting stuff.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2014, 11:19:27 am »

Head through the hole Pang made and check out the next room.
Sigtext

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2014, 12:55:17 pm »

Head to the next room.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4