Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: AMBUSH  (Read 4078 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: AMBUSH
« on: July 01, 2014, 01:57:06 am »

Shimmerstone Grotto. Legend has it that at the bottom of this sprawling cavern, there lies a djinn who will grant a single wish to whoever can reach it. How far down is the bottom, do you ask? Well, the party of five wish-hungry adventurers gathered by the entrance is about to find out.

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Players
Spoiler: Persus13 / Billy Snow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink / Pang the Wise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonster / Derm (click to show/hide)

Waitlist

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139841.msg5427762#msg5427762
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139841.msg5427992#msg5427992
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139841.msg5428012#msg5428012
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139841.msg5429527#msg5429527
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139841.msg5433919#msg5433919
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:00:59 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: A Dungeon Crawl RTD
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 02:05:38 am »

Name: Jase Bladeheart
Appearance: A tall, muscular man. He has brown hair and eyes, and a full beard. His skin is tan.
Backstory: Jase was raised on a farm, and spent many hours working outside to help his family. The farm has been through a long drought, and Jase left home for a life of adventuring to earn enough money to support his family. A wish for rain or wealth may be Jase's only way to restore his family's livelihood.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 02:08:57 am »

Name votel
Age 54
Gender male
Appearance old knight with large braod sword and a tower shield on his back. Long grey bread and helmet covering his head. Platemail and a trusty horse. All his armor is white with red ornate. He is quite fat and bulky.
Backstory votel used to be the best, he used to be the most powerful templar knight but as time go by those new buds overtook him. He still train hard but his body is not as strong as they use to be. Upon the rumour of the djinn, he believe that it is his chance to be the best once again. So he set out tofind this mystical creature
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 02:35:14 am »

Spoiler: Pang The Wise (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 06:01:27 am »

((That is some detailed backstory.))

Name: Thermidor
Appearance: A tall mature man with short brown hair, eyes, and a stubble, he has a rather muscular build thanks to his history in working in the military.

Backstory: Thermidor was once a strategist for the army of a small kingdom located in the north. Usually, he and a few others were responsible for planning of most campaigns though sometimes, they fought in the front as well during defensive battles. However, after eight years of constant war against a neighboring country, the kingdom fell from internal strife and sabotage. The lucky ones escaped from the onslaught of the attack in the capital, becoming exiled from their homeland. The rest where slaughtered and captured.

Thermidor was one of the lucky ones, successfully escaping with his life, a trusty sword and shield. But with everything lost, he had nothing else to do. And so he began to travel around the lands far away from his homeland, earning money through bounties. That is until he heard of rumors regarding the dijinn. He wanted to find it but unlike most who seek it, he had no true wish. Rather, it was curiosity that simply drove him to seek such a being. Maybe if he found it then his wish would become clear?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 06:16:56 am »

Question! Does any of the character sheet past 'name' actually have any effect?

Name   Lets use Derm until the above is answered.
Age 24-ish
Gender Yes.
Appearance Probably clothed, and with skin of some sort. Some hair, too.
Backstory  In all honesty he just kind of appeared out of thin air. Maybe he wished to delve the dungeon again? But then, from whence did he come originally?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:21:58 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 06:18:12 am »

Name: William the Treehugger
Appearance: A scrawny man wearing fake elf ears and a wooden tunic, colored green. Is armed with a wooden knife.
Backstory: William grew up in a city and hates them, since there's not enough trees for him there. His entire life he has spent destroying buildings and planting trees in their place and whatnot. When he heard of the djinn, he journeyed there in hopes of fulfilling his lifelong quest at last.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 08:55:08 am »

Name: Billy Snow
Appearance: A young man with brown hair, a white and gold minstrel outfit, and some medieval instruments.
Backstory: A slightly popular singer who's lyrics and singing style evoke weird looks from more elderly people who believe Gregorian chants are the best thing in the world, Billy Snow is a minstrel who seeks the djinn in order to be world famous, more talented musically, and able to win over any girl through a romantic love song. He has some skill with a spear, do to being forced into the military during the Wheatfield War.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:35:01 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 09:31:49 am »

Name: Kel Dragonscratch
Appearance: She is tall and thin, with pale skin and short, lifeless black hair. Her nose is sharply hooked while ears are flattened against head. Always bearing a mirthless grin on thin lips, she looks rather creepy despite quite decent looks.
Backstory: After a bandit raid on her hometown, Kel was picked and raised by a cult of demon worshippers - not a decent lot in any way, but quite helpful and reliable otherwise. Years passed and she became full-fledged initiate. Now, she is on a mission of becoming full member of the cult. As for the wish... It could be that it is secondary to the initiation by dungeon itself. Or it might be the primary task given to her by the cult leader. Or even her own dark secret... After all, one can wish for anything...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 09:52:02 am »

PTW

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 11:49:33 am »

Question! Does any of the character sheet past 'name' actually have any effect?

Not really, other than giving me something to describe as I write, and providing a bit of a foundation to those who want to RP a bit.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 02:45:28 pm »

Name Balloon
Age Unknown
Gender Balloon
Appearance A red balloon, shining with it's rubbery skin, a prehensile string hangs from the bottom, allowing it to hold objects, but preventing it from being lighter than air.
Backstory Once a simple balloon floating through the sky, it was happy, but one day, a string was attached to it, making it too heavy to fly across the big blue sky, it now seeks power enough to exact it's revenge on those who grounded it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:33:54 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: Level One
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 02:42:04 pm »

Alright, looks like our lucky winners are:

Persus13, as Billy Snow,
Beirus, as Jase Bladeheart,
Yoink, as Pang the Wise,
Sarrak, as Kel Dragonscratch,

and last but not least,
Dermonster, as Derm

Everyone else has been added to the waitlist. And now, for the first turn.

Level One

The five of you step through the mouth of the cave into an immense hemispherical chamber, easily a hundred feet high. Jagged stalactites and stalagmites large enough to pass for pillars dot the ceiling and floor respectively, and at the far end of the chamber is a massive set of wooden double doors, half-rotted off of their hinges to reveal a passageway behind them. Right in the center of the room is a large wooden crate. While it's sealed tightly shut, a hole has rotted into the side facing the entrance to reveal a gleam of red-orange metal inside of it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »

"Ah, back again. Let's see what we start off with this time..."

Crate. Loot. Make with the opening and inventorialize.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 02:53:50 pm »

Yep, check the crate. Gotta be something in the crate.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4