Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bin help!  (Read 671 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bin help!
« on: June 30, 2014, 11:41:37 pm »

I accidentally  managed to get 2 artifacts stuck in bins, and I can't seem to  get them out -_- I tried D-B-D, then undumping the bin, like with cages and such.. nothing. I tried going into the bin and marking the artifacts to be dumped manually, but they couldn't be marked as dumpable at all. Tried putting the bin into a stockpile, then linking it to another stockpile that doesnt allow bins, and that didnt work. One of the artifacts is a crown.. I tried assigning it as headwear to a soldier, but it wasnt available (not forbidden)..

I'm at a loss as what to do to get those damned things out.

If it matters any, I'm using Accelerated Modest mod. 
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Bin help!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 11:55:41 pm »

I don't know about getting it out of the bin but crowns typically aren't actually headwear so as far as that is concerned it is behaving appropriately.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 12:37:19 am »

What could the artifacts be that you need them to be moved? Like sal said, a crown is not headgear. If they are both finished goods then why not keep them in bins?

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:43:14 am »

What could the artifacts be that you need them to be moved? Like sal said, a crown is not headgear. If they are both finished goods then why not keep them in bins?

I'd like to put them in non-bin stockpiles out where my dwarves can see them. I don't know if it actually has any effect on them, but for aesthetics purposes!
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 12:53:50 am »

Try setting a stockpile to artifacts only, and set the minimum bins to 0. Then either remove artifacts setting from all other possible stockpiles or set the stockpile to "take from"

Also, thanks for the idea of a room with artifacts sealed behind glass windows. Especially with engravings of said artifacts next to them.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 01:11:18 am »

Relatively certain there is no point in making artifacts like that viewable by your dwarfs.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 04:35:46 am »

Try setting a stockpile to artifacts only, and set the minimum bins to 0. Then either remove artifacts setting from all other possible stockpiles or set the stockpile to "take from"

Also, thanks for the idea of a room with artifacts sealed behind glass windows. Especially with engravings of said artifacts next to them.

Thats what I normally do.. but when I set up the stockpiles I was tired+distracted and forgot to set the minimum bins to 0.. now the artifacts are stuck in the bins, and I cant get them out :(

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 05:02:05 am »

Not sure if this will actually work, but I think it should.

First, get the artifact containing bins moved into a new stockpile that allows bins and artifact quality goods, then set it to take from the stockpile you mistakenly set to allow bins.

Disable bins in the stockpile you wanted them put in, remove the stockpile "take" connections, and forbid artifact quality goods in the stockpile you just moved them to. (Making sure there aren't any other stockpiles set to allow artifacts as well).

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 05:31:44 am »

Thats what I normally do.. but when I set up the stockpiles I was tired+distracted and forgot to set the minimum bins to 0.. now the artifacts are stuck in the bins, and I cant get them out :(

Can't you just delete whatever stockpile they are on, then remake it?

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 09:16:53 am »

Are the bins wooden?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 12:30:32 pm »

Wait for a caravan to arrive at your fortress, then mark the bin to be hauled to the Trade Depot. Artifacts are untradeable, so they will be automatically removed from the bin as soon as it is picked up.

The same thing happens to Forbidden items, so you can use this to remove specific items from containers which are otherwise not haulable (such as liquids or powders).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 02:36:47 pm »

Not sure if this will actually work, but I think it should.

First, get the artifact containing bins moved into a new stockpile that allows bins and artifact quality goods, then set it to take from the stockpile you mistakenly set to allow bins.

Disable bins in the stockpile you wanted them put in, remove the stockpile "take" connections, and forbid artifact quality goods in the stockpile you just moved them to. (Making sure there aren't any other stockpiles set to allow artifacts as well).

That I hadn't tried. Also,  Quietust's idea is worth a try too. Thanks guys!