Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43

Author Topic: Chronicles Of Aprilia: The Apocalyptic Era (D&D 3.5 Maptool) - Now recruiting  (Read 47429 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles Of Aprilia: The Apocalyptic Era (D&D 3.5 Maptool) - Recruiting
« Reply #315 on: December 02, 2014, 05:34:02 pm »

Okay. My sympathies, I'm also coming down with a cold.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 08, 2014, 06:29:47 pm »

Will there be a session tomorrow? I probably won't make it if there is, what with finals.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2014, 07:44:56 pm »

In that case, no. We're already down Lucus, no point in playing if we'll be down you as well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles Of Aprilia: The Apocalyptic Era (D&D 3.5 Maptool) - On Hiatus
« Reply #318 on: December 16, 2014, 02:12:28 pm »

For a variety of reasons, I'm not up to running this right now. I expect games to resume January 6.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Ah, okay. I have the next three weeks off, so I should make it to any games between now and then if you decide to run them.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Lord Shonus
I'm looking for something new ... something dark ... invisible tentacles
A wild Player appears!
D.M. uses research.
 It's super effective!
Player has fainted...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:00:01 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Trust me, I don't need to research nasty things to throw at you, if that was the joke.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Man, I wish I understood 3.5. @_@
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

As of now, the session for Tuesday is on. However, I have a job interview tomorrow that might (I emphasize might) bode ill for later sessions if it goes well.

UXLZ

There's nothing like on-the-job training, so to speak, and these lunatics will be more than happy to help you roll up a cleric (or other class, but we really need a healer.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Eh, I might read it up and give it a shot. I'll check if I'm open for the sessions though. Currently on holidays, but school will be starting again at the end of this month and the time might conflict. Do you know what Eastern Day Time is in Victoria, Australia? >_>
Is it the same thing? xD
The circle is complete.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Eh, I might read it up and give it a shot. I'll check if I'm open for the sessions though. Currently on holidays, but school will be starting again at the end of this month and the time might conflict. Do you know what Eastern Day Time is in Victoria, Australia? >_>
Is it the same thing? xD

Eastern DaylightStandard (DST's been over since August) Time is on the East Coast of the United States. RAM's Australian, IIRC, so he would be able to help you there more than I can (I'm rarely less than four hours off doing time zone conversions for some reason.) For reference, it's 1 AM here at the time of this post.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

As far as I can tell, the difference from you to me is +16. That means if the session starts for you at 7:00 PM, for me it would be... 11:00 AM. Frack. @_@

That's definitely gonna conflict with school. If it was at like, between 5:00 PM and 2:00 AM for me, or on a Sat/Sunday I could do it, but as it is now, I could probably get three sessions in before school started. It's a shame too, the game seemed interesting enough, sorry.
The circle is complete.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I think that it is probably about a 9A.M. Wednesday or thereabouts start in Australia, ending somewhere between noon and 5 P.M. so definitely incompatible with school times. Although if you just want to take the sessions that you can, to get a brief taste of 3.5, and then abandon us, then that is up to Shonus I guess, but things have been pretty liberal thus far...

Still, assuming that you want to get into three point five at some point, I would maybe recommend starting with a character that someone else made, playing it for exactly one single session, and then making your own once you have some familiarity with what all the numbers mean. Each element of the system seems fairly internally consistent to me, and the D20s tie everything together, so I do not find it terribly difficult to get the hang of. And there is very nearly almost enough to play freely available on the System Reference Documents so it is basically free for that basics. They miss out one or two minor, but theoretically necessary things like the amount of funds that characters start with, and there is lots of character options and setting information that the S.R.D. doesn't have, but the system is basically freely available, and it can be safely assumed that extensive pirated copies can be obtained on the darker recesses of the internet, especially since computerised copies of the data in question can be sort of handy for reference purposes...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

I guess I'd be fine with playing someone else's character. I've played a reasonable to small amount with 4E, 5E, and Pokemon United's system. I've also played BGII and Throne of Bhaal to completion, so maybe that helps? xD
My IRL playgroup uses 5E, so the physical sources are mostly irrelevant since I'd only be using it here or other places. Getting a taste of it seems smart, though.

I sort of just searched for a PDF file of the Handbook 1 and 2. Is that wrong?
The circle is complete.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

All of the basic rules are here.

Somebody make him a character to try out, I don't mind someone stopping by for a few sessions.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43