Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43

Author Topic: Chronicles Of Aprilia: The Apocalyptic Era (D&D 3.5 Maptool) - Now recruiting  (Read 47407 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles Of Aprilia: The Apocalyptic Era (D&D 3.5 Maptool)
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2014, 11:07:15 pm »

Edit: Better? :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:54:06 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2014, 06:20:09 pm »

"turn him over to the mayo for justice"

All bandits should be brought before condiment tribunals.

Yeah, that's a better hournal.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2014, 01:53:48 am »

whoops  :P

edit: All typos appear to be fixed  ;D
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2014, 03:45:09 pm »

So my skill macro seems to be working.
Not that these two macros need to have their setting changed so that players cannot edit them. Or at least the first one does unless you want to manually delete the old macro, I am not sure if creating new macros requires this... Seems it is only required for creating macros on other tokens.
But anyway, I got errors trying to run this first one while players were permitted to edit it. But I think only when there was already a Skill_Data macro for it to try to remove...
Anyway, you can skip this one and use the pre-prepared Skill_Data beneath it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And here is one I prepared earlier, for my own character, so you will need to go through it and change the values to suit your own. It should all be fairly self-explanatory. "skill#_name" is the skill's name, the names can be used as a reference point, so changing them will probably break any macros that roll them for you. "ability" is which ability score the skill uses, change the ability score on your token and you change the skill bonuses accordingly... "bonus" is for permanent bonuses, such as racial or size modifies, and skill ranks obviously. "conditions" is how many conditions it will look for, if this is too high, it will probably ask for them manually, if it is too low, it won't see the later conditions. "condition#" is each condition, this is just a bit of text that is printed after the skill roll, for things like favoured enemy bonuses and such. You should be able to add them manually later so try not to go overboard. If you want to add more conditions, just add in a new condition line, get the skill number and condition number right, and increase the conditions entry to suit. Oh, "skill_number" is important, if you change the number of skills, make sure to correct it. On that note, the counts start at 1 "there is one skill" and the indexes start at 0 "this is skill zero" so the counts should be one higher than the highest index, or lower if you are ignoring the later indexes for some reason...

Finally, this one makes skill macros with the selected skills. you could, I assume, make one big macro with all your skills, but it would be awkward to use, make one for combat skills and one for social skills and one for common skills and one for rare skills. Putting a single skill in one should make it almost as convenient to use as just pressing the button. The macros that this creates should open a box with a scroll-box to select skills from a list, a panel to enter temporary bonuses, such as from prayer or aid another or such, and a panel to enter any additional commentary, which will appear at the start of the list of comments and can be used for temporary comments, like the target of the skill, or if you are tumbling at half speed, or how sad you are about the penalties you take to perform(olfactory) when you are polymorphed out of being an awakened dire ant...
These have been tested, not extensively, but they have been tested. I know of at least one bug, but it isn't my fault and it shouldn't come up and even if it does it should be fairly obvious what has happened and easy enough to deakl with without interrupting anything.

An alternative universal skill macro is:
Code: [Select]
Rolling [r:skill_name]: [t:1d20+bonus]Which is a touch less fancy, but also ever so slightly simpler...

And hey, while I am here, lets see Gurk's old attack macro. It may have had some issues, I do not recall ever being entirely certain that it was reliable, maybe it used to fail the first time it was used in a session or something like that... Also, it tended to be a bit voluminous in its output. But hey, no better way to spend an afternoon than reviving the dead and forgotten...
And finally, I have definately not tested this post, so copy/past errors are totally a thing that could have happened...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2014, 05:04:31 pm »

Hey, RAM, do you have a macro that adds the pog to the init tracker, and sets it to a roll? Using the built in tracker works quite nice, but having to manually set everything is a bit of a chore.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2014, 10:14:57 pm »

Oh, wow, there is a whole page of initiative function, umm...
Well, if this is slapped onto a token and pressed, it should send that token onto initiative, set its based upon dexterity and a fixed "bonus" value, and then sort the initiative list, which doesn't need to be done for every token and could just be set to a global macro or whatever they are called.
Code: (1) [Select]
[h:bonus=0]
[h:ability=floor(Dexterity/2)-5]
[h: addToInitiative()]
[t: setInitiative(1d20+bonus+ability)]
[h: sortInitiative()]
This might be more useful for redshirts who don't get stats. And it seems to work if you have multiple tokens selected at once. But they all seem to need to have their own copy of the macro, I need to look into that... Well, I am not finding a way to do it without them all having a copy of the macro, but there is probably something in amongst the library tokens or something. I am still at the "use what I know" level of programming...
Code: (2) [Select]
[h:abort(input("bonus|0|"+getImpersonatedName()+" initiative bonus"))]
[h: setInitiative(1d20+bonus)]
In theory, this selects the token that currently has initiative. But I cannot find a way to zoom the map... No, wait, found it!
Code: (3) [Select]
[h:selectTokens(getInitiativeToken())]
[h:goto(getInitiativeToken())]
This should advance the initiative a spot.
Code: (4) [Select]
[h:nextInitiative()]
ought to clear the initiative list:
Code: (5) [Select]
[h:removeAllFromInitiative()]
Ooooh, just had an idea, a global macro should be able to place a macro onto all selected tokens. So stick this onto your global macro panel and it should place the second macro onto all of the selected pogs.
Code: (6) [Select]
[h,FOREACH(current_pog,getSelected()):createMacro("generic redshirt initiative",'[h:abort(input("bonus|0|"+getImpersonatedName()+" initiative bonus"))]
[h: setInitiative(1d20+bonus)]',"playerEditable=false",";",current_pog)]
Oh, and sort by itself too. ehh, added a thing to start it. I think...
Code: (7) [Select]
[h:sortInitiative()]
[h:setCurrentInitiative(0)]
Some of these will need D.M. authority, which can be attained by editing a macro and changing its options so that players are not allowed to edit it.

I may not have tested them all, but in theory:
You have the players take care of themselves with 1 on their pogs. I am pretty sure that addToInitiative used to be a trusted function, so it didn't work for players on editable macros, could add another macro that they can edit that passes information to 1 if that is a problem...
When you make N.P.C. pogs you select them all and run 6 from the global macro panel to put 2 on all of them.
When combat starts you have the players add themselves and select all the N.P.C.s and run 2, which will be called "generic redshirt initiative" from the selected token's macro-list panel.
once all the initiatives are up you run 7.
You use four once someone is finished.
You use three to find the N.P.C. that you want to move. You may want to remove the goto line if zooming is irritating. I haven't found a way to impersonate a pog from a macro yet...
When combat ends you run 5.
That should cover the basics. I really ought to check if untrusted players can run addToInitiative(). maybe it would be better to just stick that on everything with a unified macro, who knows...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2014, 01:54:20 am »

Is there a way to check whether a token is set to 'PC' or 'NPC'? If so, is it possible for a macro to simply clear the list of PC tokens, and add every PC token on the current map to initiative? Mostly curious, I'm fine adding my own token manually once or twice a session.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2014, 03:07:32 am »

Well, there is "addAllPCsToInitiative()" which presumably adds all the P.C.s to initiative, and also a similar one for N.P.C.s and all pogs. There is a whole page of initiative functions. But I figured that that could be awkward if there were old or utility pogs lying around...

Time passes...
You have been eaten by a grue.

Spoiler: puzzletime (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:14:12 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2014, 07:44:01 pm »

I love puzzles! It appears to add a previous die roll to the next die roll, and then set the register for next equal to the previous roll multiplied by the value of next.

This is wild speculation based on my knowledge of C, which may or may not be wholly dissimilar to Maptools' language of choice.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2014, 08:02:22 pm »

Close, it is a reference to a powerful artefact from a popular work of contemporary fiction.
Read the First Post!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2014, 08:06:59 pm »

I might be late for the next session, I'm gonna be helping my grandma all day tomorrow

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2014, 08:17:40 pm »

Close, it is a reference to a powerful artefact from a popular work of contemporary fiction.

Is it based on the warp drive scale?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2014, 09:50:58 pm »

I am having to deal with family times and will not be able to make it to tomorrow's session. Weddings and wee peoples and anniversaries and whatnot.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2014, 09:52:49 pm »

I'll cancel tomorrow, then. I'm also dealing with a great deal of busyness right now, but I didn't want to cancel another session if everyone was going to be available.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2014, 12:26:41 am »

I'll be around if anyone wants to dick around with D&D things or chitchat.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43