Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: Chronicles Of Aprilia: The Apocalyptic Era (D&D 3.5 Maptool) - Now recruiting  (Read 47379 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles Of Aprilia: The Apocalyptic Era (D&D 3.5 Maptool)
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2014, 12:00:24 am »

I'm... sort of working on something, with the help of our other player.

I've got about eight dances done and a few of the steps done, but they're not linked on the page yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2014, 01:11:12 am »

Wow, that looks pretty cool, and a great alternative to bard! Think about combining that with Dervish....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2014, 01:19:30 am »

Wow, that looks pretty cool, and a great alternative to bard! Think about combining that with Dervish....

It was basically already combined with Dervish in an earlier build, and one of the Steps essentially lets it be a dervish (at higher levels, anyway) for one round.

I removed some of the features for it and replaced them with others so as to make two-weapon fighting LESS of an obvious choice for the class.  I wanted it to be equally viable for both Dervish-types and Braavosi Water Dancer fencer-types.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2014, 01:21:10 am »

I meant more taking the Dervish as a prestige class along with this  :-[
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2014, 01:25:37 am »

I knew what you meant, and yeah, it'd be a viable idea. :p

The dances and steps scale similarly to the Arcane Strikes of Lixie's Mystic Hand, though, so it's a class you want to stick with all the way to get the full benefits.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2014, 06:54:40 am »

Hey guys, there's actually a beta of the r90 of maptools on the forum(link found here that is only a beta due to them not getting around to posting it on the download list. It's supposed to be more stable than r89, and more importantly, and I quote: " the upnp to set up a server also works once again for this version." this might solve your connection issues Shonus, meaning we don't need to resort to hamachi.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2014, 10:48:58 am »

Speaking of prestige classes, I was inspired to make one based off my planned build:Shieldmaster. Comments would be welcome!

Edit:Due to feedback, I've completely changed my feats to match those required for that class. Also, where are those shield wall feats again? I can't seem to find them...
Look 'em up. "shield wall feat dndtools".
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2014, 06:38:02 pm »

Hey guys, there's actually a beta of the r90 of maptools on the forum(link found here that is only a beta due to them not getting around to posting it on the download list. It's supposed to be more stable than r89, and more importantly, and I quote: " the upnp to set up a server also works once again for this version." this might solve your connection issues Shonus, meaning we don't need to resort to hamachi.
This appears to work. I'll open a chat room on Mibbit (#Aprilia) around 6:00 PM tomorrow to try and get everyone connected and finalize character details.

Every outstanding question is approved, subject to the usual Hombrew disclaimer.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2014, 06:48:56 pm »

Another question, then.

A thin layer of lead protects things from almost every form of magical detection, right? Would lead-lining a cloak(there's rules for lead-lining pockets and such, after all) protect one from magical detection? And does/would lead protect one from psionic means of detection?

Oh, and is retraining feats allowed? With apprentice feats it's practically a requirement. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2014, 07:32:23 pm »

A lead-lined cloak would be absurdly heavy, unless fine lead fibers(?) were worked into the fabric. Character will be posted shortly, I'm finally happy with the concept. It's a ninja!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:13 pm »

A classical thin sheet of lead is not particularly flexible, and you could almost certainly achieve a layer of lead so thin as to cease furnishing supplicants with divinatory obfuscation. As to psionics, I would imagine that it would depend upon the specific wording of the specific ability, same with magic spells. I suspect that it is possible to scry into a lead room, although I could be mistaken... Yes, clairvoyance and scrying do not seem to mention lead at all, so you could totally be spied on... Also, psionics probably do not exist, could have been an other campaign, but I do not recall anything psionic...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2014, 07:50:12 pm »

He approved Mindsight, which is a psionic feat, so they exist.

And I wasn't expecting to be incapable of being spied upon(although I believe it's certainly possible that with the way magic works in DnD, it may be that you can't scry the inside of a lead box), I just don't necessarily want someone to use Detect Magic and have me go off like a light thanks to all the magical items I'll be carrying.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2014, 07:53:32 pm »

.......what magical items? This is first level.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2014, 08:36:07 pm »

I don't remember any psionics either, closest was Darrek the kineticist, but I think that was all arcane magic.

Therril Somris is ready. The picture will be changed after I do some drawing.

Background: Therril is a member of the church of Lofarial. The church was thrown together during a time of crisis for the world, and many of its members joined because it was the only church around at the time. After the conclusion of the Second Titan War, many followers returned to their usual faiths, but a few carry on the various rites and procedures of the church. Lofarial is a deity of Sun, Travel, Light, and, through a strange happenstance with the goddess Ra'rissmarra, Lust. The few temples scattered throughout Aprilia render several services to travelers and locals. They provide clean buildings for the practice of Lofarial's latter domain, provide maps and information to travelers, and also have pretty nice lighting to read by. Most of the temples feature large stained-glass windows.

The church also maintains a staff of trained guardspeople that keep order within the temples. Combat within the temples is strictly forbidden, and the guards occasionally throw out bums. The guards are dedicated members of the church that live within the temple grounds and study there. Therril Somris is one of those guards. Well, he was one of those guards. He grew up in a temple, as did his father and his grandfather before him. While he was free to wander the city and nearby countryside, Therril has a desire to see the world beyond. On his 27th birthday he requested a leave of absence to join the Red Guard and explore far and wide.

Therril is a dark-haired man of average height with an athletic build. He, like most of the temple guards, favors a short single blade or a small crossbow. He also carries a pair of sticks chained together used for nonlethally breaking up fights in the temple. He wears no armor, instead relying on his foresight and agility to evade blows rather than absorb the shock with metal or leather. Thanks to his rigorous martial training, he is able to traverse almost any battlefield with ease. He has a serious demeanor and a somewhat dark sense of humor. Thanks to his temple education, he believes there is a little good in everyone. He avoids combat unless it is necessary.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2014, 09:13:38 pm »

*facepalm*

I know, tryrar. There are magical items that can be afforded at first level, first off, but this is for future reference. I like planning ahead. We will get magic items in the future, yes?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43