Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Canadian Politics Mega-Thread!  (Read 20037 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian Politics Mega-Thread!
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2014, 11:03:54 am »

I kind of understand why some people don't vote.  I mean, if you don't like or trust any of the parties, it seems pointless to give your support to one.  Although in that case I think people should take a closer look at the independent candidates in their ridings.

What like the Green party? which a lot of people keep thinking is the "Nature Party"? Actually read what their platform is.

I actually like the green party.  I disagree with a few of their views, but honestly I think their platform over all is quite good.  Plus every vote gives them a bit of cash to fund their next campaign, so its almost worth voting for them just so we have a chance at getting a fourth major party(I'd rather see lots of parties than a few parties).  I think I've voted green in pretty much every election.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2014, 11:21:45 am »

I haven't gone too in-depth, but besides their organic spiel and hatred of Nuclear, I'm all for Green party.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2014, 11:22:20 am »

I haven't gone too in-depth, but besides their organic spiel and hatred of Nuclear, I'm all for Green party.

They are also pro-all-drugs At least last time I checked. They easily could have changed it.

There is a lot more to the Green Party then first meets the eye if you dive into it.

Aeax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2014, 12:24:51 pm »

All our parties seem kinda lame.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2014, 12:31:33 pm »

All our parties seem kinda lame.

True. You would be surprised what a lot of them are actually trying to do if you read their platform in full.

For example the Conservative party wanted to make it illegal for cellphone companies to charge you for spam texts.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2014, 12:37:21 pm »

Can you even get a cell phone plan without unlimited incoming texts these days though?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2014, 01:16:22 pm »

I own one. It doesn't have a camera, can't load images if I'm sent them, can't access the internet, has a loading bar to send or receive a text longer than around 30 characters, and the texting plan is bare bones. Though it's also indestructible and holds a charge for 12 days, so I can't really complain, but I live in your third-world southern neighbor.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »

They are also pro-all-drugs At least last time I checked. They easily could have changed it.

There is a lot more to the Green Party then first meets the eye if you dive into it.
... So am I, you know :v
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2014, 02:39:37 pm »

... So am I, you know :v

Descan is an Autobot.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2014, 04:21:32 pm »

Can you even get a cell phone plan without unlimited incoming texts these days though?

In Canada? Yeah.

Because of severe monopoly issues Canada is WAAAAAAAAAY behind the USA when it comes to internet and phone usage and laws.

Netflicks called Canada a third world country when it came to their Internet usage.

Some places in the USA have outright unlimited and free internet outright... Canada will never have that.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »

We have this now? Oh boy! What with the Toronto mayoral race I'll probably follow this.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2014, 05:17:53 pm »

WAIT, DESCAN IS CANADIAN!?

I don't know whether to hate myself for not allying with a kinsman, or hate him for making us look even worse than before.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2014, 05:24:57 pm »

:v wat

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2014, 05:26:42 pm »

Thou shant ever be forgiven for the trauma of the Descanite War.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2014, 05:37:51 pm »

In Canada? Yeah.

Because of severe monopoly issues Canada is WAAAAAAAAAY behind the USA when it comes to internet and phone usage and laws.

Netflicks called Canada a third world country when it came to their Internet usage.

Some places in the USA have outright unlimited and free internet outright... Canada will never have that.

Ah, well, I was poking around bell and rogers' websites the other day, looked to me like all their plans had unlimited texts at the minimum. maybe some of the pay as you go guys?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14