Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What style do you prefer?

Silly
- 21 (28.8%)
Grimdark, "war is hell"
- 24 (32.9%)
Romance (Note: not actually going to write this)
- 28 (38.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: It's alive!  (Read 30333 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: It's alive!
« Reply #285 on: December 09, 2015, 03:33:31 am »

"Very good, very good. I would ask you a favor, though..."

Draw my sword in one hand and hold it high. With the other hand, put the cornet to my lips and strike a heroic pose, as if from a painting.

"I am Mikhail Illarionovich Golenischev-Kutuzov, Field Marshal of the Empire! You might know me as one of the greatest commanders in history, the one who drove the French out of Russia and heroically defended it to open the way to today and this new Revolution that brought Russia to a new high; glory to the Union! Yet now these Fascists threaten our glorious way of life. It is our duty and joy to stop them, whether by dropping bombs near Belopol'ye or by flanking their forces near Volchansk. For the Motherland, they must be defeated! Yet woe upon us, we aren't at Volchansk, but Kursk, way too far to defend from here. But then I noticed this fine airplane ready for flight; it could be what would save the Motherland from this fiendish Fascist invasion!

Sheathe sword, put cornet away, gently grab the pilot's shoulder.

"In short, it is your duty to the Motherland to take a detour after your mission and take me and my Commissar to Volchansk. Are you up to it? A paradrop would suffice."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 09, 2015, 10:43:33 am »

"Sir! Behind you! A three headed bolshevik!"
Punch him in the face until he loses consciousness. Loot anything that seems even remotely important. Then grab my horses near the tent, place the dude on the wounded horse, sit him upright and tie him so that he doesn't just fall off. Then I ride out the camp in a mild hurry.

((This is a bad idea. This is a bad idea. This is a bad idea.))
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 09, 2015, 09:18:21 pm »

I chuckle at the 'three-headed bolshevik' bit, then get ready to cover our Comrade's daring escape.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 11, 2015, 03:22:19 pm »

Kursk
May 8th 22:04:30

Field Marshal Kutusov: [1-1+1]
You're Kutusov? Well, I'm Peter the Great, and if you don't stop bothering me this instant, I'll have you shot for drunkenness in the course of duty!

In the Polish Camp
May 8th 3:30

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz: [3] v. [5] You jump at the lieutenant, but he step back and avoid your blow. [3] v. [6] He strikes back, but you're already rolling on the floor. [2] v. [4] You jump up again, but your punch once more fail to connect. Stepping back, the Lieutnant draw his pistol from his holster. Do you keep trying to stun in, or make a run for it?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 11, 2015, 04:00:03 pm »

"Fine, I'll ask someone else."

Walk up to another plane of the flight, giving Polevoy a nod to follow.

Walk and talk: "I would appreciate a little help, Commissar. Maybe just you pulling rank and showing your favour of me and our cause?"

Repeat the performance on the new Bob's pilot.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 11, 2015, 04:25:03 pm »

- I will try my best. Let us try once more with your appeal, with me helping, then we will try to do it my way.

Assist Field Marshall in his negotiating attempts.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 11, 2015, 06:53:48 pm »

Strike the fascists empty heaf with my fists and then repeat previous action.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2015, 05:01:03 am »

Oh, I started writing the rules as I make them up in the OP.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2015, 12:59:31 pm »

As usual, I can't force you not to look into the spoilers that do no concern you, but I think the game will be funnier if you don't. Also, I need better CQC mechanics. Proposal welcome.

Behind Enemy Lines

Vasiliev and Sokoloff: You see Brzęczyszczykiewicz gets in the camp and seize the horse with his superior Communist riding skills. However, instead of making a run for it as you'd expect, you see him stepping inside one of the tents. Moments later, a lieutenant step in the tent. Nothing happen for a moment, then two shots ring in the night. Again, nothing.

Kursk

You move to the next plane and give your little speech again. [1+1-1+1] No one seems to believe you two are anything but bothersome drunks. The pilot of the previous aircraft do notice you however.

What did I tell you, worthless scum! Stop bothering real soldiers. I tell you what. Unlucky Ivan there lost two gunners on his last run. You'll fill the spot! Maybe you can at least serve as meatshields. I'd shot you myself, but that'd be a waster of a perfectly good bullet.

Spoiler: Nazi Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Piece of Paper (click to show/hide)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2015, 01:20:40 pm »

- That's just no good. Eyes are upon us now. We cannot afford to meddle around anymore, or NKVD will be after us. Come on, let us find a land vehicle.

Cross the airfield, walk on the very fringe of soviet camp, looking for a jeep or horses or something.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2015, 01:39:04 pm »

"You know, I wonder how we were originally meant to be taken to our front...? Any idea?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 12, 2015, 02:07:19 pm »

- The VDV officer might have had something to do with that. Not an option anymore.
Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 12, 2015, 02:17:38 pm »

"Do you have any money or anything else valuable on you? I have an idea."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 12, 2015, 02:37:14 pm »

((Well, do I, Sheb?))
Sigs

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 12, 2015, 02:45:26 pm »

Apart from what's in your inventory? Well, I don't think large amount of cash makes sense, but if you want to decide your character got his grandfather's gold watch on him or something, you can.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24