Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What style do you prefer?

Silly
- 21 (28.8%)
Grimdark, "war is hell"
- 24 (32.9%)
Romance (Note: not actually going to write this)
- 28 (38.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: It's alive!  (Read 30358 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: It's alive!
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2014, 04:18:37 pm »

Just going to remind you that the gully is a couple hundred meters away, and that you're all on horseback.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2014, 04:22:21 pm »

Change of plan - get all of the nazis equipment on my horse and ride away from any threats.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2014, 09:45:55 pm »

Nikifor Sokoloff is suddenly oddly glad that he can't read Polish, and remounts his horse while waiting for further orders.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2014, 08:28:01 am »

It's just one engine coming, right? If so and if we have explosives, we could rig up a mine. At the same time, prepare a swift retreat, with someone providing covering fire.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2014, 08:49:23 am »

Fire my PPSH at the engine of the vehicle incoming, if I see it.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2014, 04:47:35 am »

Still waiting for two players. Helgoland, would you give orders?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2014, 05:31:46 am »

It's just one engine coming, right? If so and if we have explosives, we could rig up a mine. At the same time, prepare a swift retreat, with someone providing covering fire.

"It's just one engine coming, right? DeGroot will rig up a mine or otherwise see that the vehicle is stopped. At the same time, we will prepare a swift retreat, with Sokoloff providing covering fire."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2014, 05:36:56 am »

((Crap, I totally hoped that you'd take longer to respond so that I'd have an excuse to procrastinate instead of making the turn. :p ))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2014, 06:29:58 am »

Вы - Советская Атомная Кавалерия, Ход Bосемь:Запомнить Кроянты!

May 7th, 1943, 22:45

Tavish Finnegan DeGroot: [3+1] You manage to create a crude mine out of one of your Bazooka shell.
Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz: You grab the remaining equipment, put it on your saddle and start riding south, leaving your Comrades behind.

Vasiliev, Sokoloff & DeGroot : You prepare to hold your ground, when suddenly the enemy srping out of the wood, about 200 m away. It's not a Kubelwagen, it's an armored car! It seems to be flanked by some infantrymen, but it's hard to see in the vehicle's glare. The car's machinegun open fire [3] at DeGroot! [6-1-1][4-1-1][1-1-1][5-1-1][1-1-1], hitting [2] for [2] damage!

The accompanying infantry open fire [1-1][2-1][2-1][3-1][6-1][2-1][3-1][3-1], most shots misses, but one bullet find its way to [3][2] Degroot again! [5] He is critically hurt!

Lieutenant Sokoloff quickly react and attempt to shoot the car's gunner [4+11] and hit him for [2] damage.

The enemies have stopped at the forest's edge, seemingly content to pepper you at a distance.

Spoiler: Sd.Kfz 221 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nazi Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Piece of Paper (click to show/hide)

I didn't [acronym] all the rolls, because it takes ages. Is it okay like this?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2014, 07:55:16 am »

Put DeGroot on my horse, drag his steed and ride away to safety! Fire the rest of my PPSH rounds into the gunner!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:54:43 am by SaberToothTiger »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2014, 08:36:31 am »

1) You're far away from the action, you dirty traitor.
2) Far enough for your PPSh to be out of range.
3) Are you seriously trying to loot DeGRoot's corpse AND his horse? I've seen loot-greedy players before, but you're in a category of your own. :p

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2014, 08:53:35 am »

I think  he means the still living DeGroot...

I lob the mine at the armored car, hoping it will explode on contact.
The Bay12 postcard club

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2014, 10:55:15 am »

Well, more rations is always good.

Try to lay covering fire with the PPSH so my comrades could escape. Try to recover DaGroot and get him to safety!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2014, 02:36:39 pm »

I'm thinking of moving this game to GURPS, what do you think?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2014, 02:44:22 pm »

Sokoloff lets Brzęczyszczykiewicz lay down the covering fire, while he recovers DaGroot and retreats on his horse!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24