Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49289 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter One IC Thread: The Metropolis
« Reply #690 on: December 12, 2014, 10:53:54 am »

"...I'm going to have a rest."

Beolas unstraps his baldric holding his greatsword, rests it beside him, and leans back against the mainmast.

Relic, meanwhile, was seated at Beola's feet chattering away while looking up at him.

"...Well, I said Bog Blokes? There's no such thing as Bog Blokes, and then a Bog Bloke jumped out at me, it turns out they really do exist, I haven't described them, it was dark you see, they are sort of like shambles of weeds and muck that are alive, or they might be something alive that wears weeds like a cloak? All I know is they don''t like fire, I learned that because I hit the Bog Bloke in the face with a torch, sort of by accident-it was an accident I learned they don't like fire, they really don't. It doesn't really hurt them but makes them mad, well, it was a surprise since I didn't even think they existed. Also I think Bog Blokes are actually Shambling Mounds, or maybe Shambling Mounds are actually Bog Blokes and both of them exist anyway and I'd not want to meet them again, but if I did meet one I'd be glad if you were there to protect me Beolas, not that I can't protect myself, but I've been alone for a long time and I'm glad you're my friend, you know-my big strong friend who chases away monsters. That's probably the definition of a hero, you know! Which is by nature hard to define, I mean being a hero, if you kill a bunch of Orcs some people think you are hero but the Orcs probably don't. It's all perception, right? Like my perception that Bog Blokes who are actually shambling mounds, might be, actually exist, I perceived them not to exist but that didn't mean they didn't..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 12, 2014, 11:37:48 am »

"That is very interesting actually. I haven't heard of a shambling mound or a bog bloke before. Do you recall where you found them? I think I'd like to see them for myself."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 12, 2014, 12:18:15 pm »

Beolas was watching Relic curiously, "I didnae catch three out o' four words of that, lass, but aye, I've got your back," he grins, flexing one arm.

"It don't seem right to call myself a hero, though, to give the truth of it."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 12, 2014, 12:38:42 pm »

"That is very interesting actually. I haven't heard of a shambling mound or a bog bloke before. Do you recall where you found them? I think I'd like to see them for myself."

Relic purses her lips, recalling...

"Must have been the Island of the Greengloam. I remember, because that's where the Marq Piper put in for repairs after the big storm. It's a terrible place, the Greengloam. All the plants are alive, and they like people. They like to eat people, I mean to say. I wish I could remember the coordinates, but they never told me..."

Beolas was watching Relic curiously, "I didnae catch three out o' four words of that, lass, but aye, I've got your back," he grins, flexing one arm.

"It don't seem right to call myself a hero, though, to give the truth of it."

"Well, they say, I say, we all say, you know-Heroes are supposed to be humble, like you." Relic says, blushing slightly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 12, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »

Blushing slightly himself, Beolas chuckles, "If you say so, lass. 'tis is a kind thing to say to a man."

He pauses for a moment, winks, and whispers in a soft tone, "And I think there's more than a little of the heroic in you 'swell, Reli."

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 12, 2014, 02:00:51 pm »

Blushing slightly himself, Beolas chuckles, "If you say so, lass. 'tis is a kind thing to say to a man."

He pauses for a moment, winks, and whispers in a soft tone, "And I think there's more than a little of the heroic in you 'swell, Reli."

"Oh! All I've done is stick around, and lived...things happen around me alot, but I keep going. I won't live to be a thousand years old at this rate." She confesses with a smile, not sounding too upset about it-she prefers excitement.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 22, 2014, 12:10:55 pm »

Ayleth walks up to the bard and grins. "Not the face you wished to see, I assume. However, I'm here to collect you and take you back to the ship." She sits down at the table and leans toward Ness. "But first, I find myself very curious about these... voices you hear. What do they say about me?"
Ness's smile fades, though relief is in her eyes. And also a bit of fear...

"...not good things..." she says quietly. The woman's whispers were like and unlike Sacha's; just as harsh, just as cruel, just as cunning, but without even the affection the cleric bore for her friends to pad the darkness with a glimmer of light. Just...anger. Sadness turned to anger. Resentment. Loathing and contempt for the world around her. A bitter, mocking joy at the pain of others. And a great deal of ambition...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 22, 2014, 12:40:56 pm »

Ayleth laughs, appearing relieved. "Not good things? Indeed, I am not good at all. Rest assured, however, that I won't harm you or your friends. But I suspect my words have little meaning to you." She stands. "I tire of this place. If you're ready, I would very much like to return to the ship."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 22, 2014, 01:40:59 pm »

"Oh! All I've done is stick around, and lived...things happen around me alot, but I keep going. I won't live to be a thousand years old at this rate." She confesses with a smile, not sounding too upset about it-she prefers excitement.

"I'm given to understand that's most of what being a hero is, having the misfortune to live in int'resting times.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 22, 2014, 01:48:59 pm »

"Misfortune? I suppose it's all a point of view...in my opinion, a Hero is a person in interesting times who makes the hard decisions that must be made-the ones no one else can make...a hero is something we create, I think-something we need, no matter what culture or race you are. Someone we look up to. An example others try to live up to...

...Anyway, where do you think we'll be going next, Beolas? We've got a wide open sea ahead of us, don't we~!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 22, 2014, 01:50:37 pm »

"Being a hero has always seemed like a good way to get killed to me. Doing everyone else's chores while they sit around waiting for nothing." Sacha scoffed as she looked over to the ocean.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 22, 2014, 02:08:31 pm »

"Being a hero has always seemed like a good way to get killed to me. Doing everyone else's chores while they sit around waiting for nothing." Sacha scoffed as she looked over to the ocean.

Relic looks over at Sacha, cocking her head.

"Well, another part of being a Hero is realizing not everyone else can be strong...so, you have to be strong for them. I suppose you just have to decide who you want to be brave for."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 22, 2014, 02:15:24 pm »

"Either way it doesn't matter. The world is littered with the bones of 'heroes'. It's simply the way of things."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 22, 2014, 02:19:01 pm »

"Either way it doesn't matter. The world is littered with the bones of 'heroes'. It's simply the way of things."

"Now you're just being fatalistic. Everyone is bones eventually. I'd rather be a heroes bones than...normal bones..."

Relic is not good at debate.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 22, 2014, 02:20:21 pm »

"And I'd rather me and my friends stay alive for as long as possible. Death doesn't appeal to me."

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 70