Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49348 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter One IC Thread: A Winner is You!
« Reply #540 on: October 06, 2014, 01:29:51 pm »

"Aye, you can't cut things with a wife, save your own pride."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 06, 2014, 01:38:32 pm »

"Teeth, Beolas, cut through meat just fine. Maybe not as well, but they can. But that's beside the point."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 06, 2014, 02:39:03 pm »

Beolas' eyes sparkle, entranced, as he flows through forms with the greatsword. He speaks almost absentmindedly to the dwarf mayor, "This... you have my thanks beyond measure for this, friend."
"You deserve it. I wish we could have gotten something for each of you, but this was all we could procure that could be of much use."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 06, 2014, 03:22:44 pm »

"There is, actually, something else you could get us if you'd be willing. Specifically, materials with which to scribe scrolls for my companions."

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 06, 2014, 05:04:56 pm »

"If possible, I would like to have a ranged weapon of some sort, preferably a bow and arrows. I don't require an intricate weapon. As long as it is functional, it will do."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 06, 2014, 09:52:19 pm »

"Oh? Still eager to come along? I'll admit, you held your own. Not bad for a child."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 06, 2014, 10:02:11 pm »

"If possible, I would like to have a ranged weapon of some sort, preferably a bow and arrows. I don't require an intricate weapon. As long as it is functional, it will do."
"A bow? Ye mean a crossbow? We have several. Light or heavy?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 07, 2014, 09:59:54 pm »

"Most likely. You shouldn't drink you know. Stuff like this happens. What do you see though? I've never heard of booze affecting someone this late."
"I...when I look at someone...I hear...I hear whispers. It's...strange. When I look at you...they feel so...dark. And yet...they're friendly? It...it makes my skin crawl. But when I look at Beolas, they seem so much more nicer...slower, simpler, but...still friendly, still happy...."

She looks up at Sacha, genuine worry and a disturbing amount of concern for something that sounds like a hallucination in her eyes.

"Why are yours so angry, Sacha? Why are they so...so sad?..."

She grimaces again, putting a hand to her head, bending over and gritting her teeth.

"Agh! My head hurts!-"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 07, 2014, 10:18:02 pm »

"Whispers..." Sacha was becoming more than worried for her friend "I'm not letting you get anywhere near that sort of stuff ever again. Look, let's get you into somewhere dark. How about the cave? It's close by and it'll make the light a bit easier to bear" Sacha said while leading Ness into the cave and setting her down on the most comfortable looking spot inside the mouth of said cave.

"So... Beolas has slow and simple whispers while mine are angry and sad? Hm..." Sacha wasn't a trained professional on this regard but she did know that an answer, any answer, was more helpful than uncertainty "Well... I think it's because, no offence, Beolas is a simpleton. He's a great guy, but he's not exactly the quickest or smartest. I'm a bit better. I realize that the world is an awful place and I act how I need to to get what needs gotten. It's a cruel world. You're probably just feeling after-affects of the drink or something. You're filtering what you know of us into these whispers. I don't know if it'll do anything for the headache but uh... Here." Sacha placed a hand on Ness' head and cast her remaining Cure Light Wounds directly on the source of Ness' pain. "Did that help?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 07, 2014, 10:45:19 pm »

"They...they don't happen if I'm not looking at anyone...they were really quiet when I looked at the dwarves."

She sighed quietly in relief as Sacha cast her spell, before squinting against a resurgence in pain. It was like something was trying to break loose....the light, the healing, it all...helped, but didn't, at the same time. It was soothing, and familiar, but at the same time, it amplified the pain, somehow...

"It...it helps...sorta...like...like when you're warming up after being too cold for too long, ya know? It feels good, but it ends up hurting more too..."

She leaned against Sacha, letting the whispers surrounding her envelope her. A warming cloud of poisonous love....insinuous whispers of protection and safety and care, at the minor cost of destroying anything that might ever cause you harm. That was Sacha. Loyalty taken to it's logical end-step. It was soothing, in it's fashion. She knew Sacha. They all did.

"Thank you..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 07, 2014, 10:54:21 pm »

Wrapping an arm around Ness Sacha held her close in a friendly gesture, though it meant much more to the red-haired woman than she cared to admit, while saying "Anything for you guys. Tell me though... What do you think of that kid? Ayeleth or whatever. I don't trust her but we did promise her a ride out of here if she helped. Do the voices say anything about her?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 08, 2014, 01:44:19 am »

Darwyn watched Sacha lead Ness away, but did not follow. He decided that the two women could use some time alone, though a part of him was tempted to ask Ness what his own "whispers" were like. Well, that could wait for another time. He turned to Beolas and Oleg.

"So. While Ness recovers, we should think about where to go next. We've been heading north or north-east since leaving Twin Island, and if we keep going that way we will probably hit Toad Island eventually."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 08, 2014, 02:23:46 am »

"Aye. Seems like a fair enough place to stop over, see some sights, perhaps pick up word of other islands?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 08, 2014, 12:00:10 pm »

Ayleth watches as Ness and Sacha walk away. She keeps an eye on them as she turns her attention back to the dwarf. "A light one will do. And at least twenty bolts." Her gaze returns to the two women in the cave. Her violet eyes convey the first emotion anyone has seen. It's very faint and barely noticeable, but it's there. Longing. It's gone as quickly as it came and the eyes harden once more. She fidgets awkwardly with her cloak and turns away.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 11, 2014, 01:04:53 pm »

Ness shivers, but she looks at Ayleth again, watching her for longer this time, and shuddering.

"I...I can't tell much...they're quieter, like the dwarves were...but...if I listen...they're dark. Not as angry as yours, but just as sad. And meaner. Colder. She's...I don't think she's only what she looks like..."

She turns away and buries her head in Sacha's side.

"She scares me, a little. I think she's what you would be, if you didn't have us, Sacha..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70