Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49311 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter One IC Thread: The Metropolis
« Reply #615 on: October 31, 2014, 09:51:27 am »

Ask about the inn regarding islands which are rarely visited or the stuff of rumors.

Relic notices the sturdy island man poking around, asking questions. She tries to gain his attention.

"...Well, I heard a rumor...if you'll sit with me, and listen a spell." She says cheerfully. He looked like a sailor-she needed a drink.

Of course she needed more than a drink. She needed a job, and a ship. Going off into the world seemed alot better when she had been planning it from the safety of her village. Now she was stranded on this place, with no way off. She had more than a bit of money cached away, but it was flowing away like water through a sieve-she didn't want to end up a rat catcher in the sewers...or worse. Relic needed a bit more than that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 31, 2014, 10:27:10 am »

Beolas perks up at the call, walking over towards Relic and taking a seat.

"Aye, lass? I've time ta listen if you've time ta speak."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 31, 2014, 10:39:54 am »

Beolas perks up at the call, walking over towards Relic and taking a seat.

"Aye, lass? I've time ta listen if you've time ta speak."

"Well-this is just a rumor right..."

Relic thought back to the sometimes frightening tales her adoptive parents had told her.

"I once heard from my Da tales of the drowned...and from one place-far on the Northern reach, there beds of bright red seagrass who trap any ship who sail into it. Some are as big as an island, hundreds of miles, but you won't know that till you sail into it...and, then it traps you. Loops around your ship, hardens like stone, doesn't let you go.

He told me the seagrass was alive, that it was all one big creature, and it was hungry-that the red grass lures sailors in, with the promise of loot from empty ships-from all the ships that came before you...he told me there is a lot of treasure there, just sitting for the picking. If you can pluck it from the maw, and not get eaten.

My Da said it's called the Krakenchoke, by the Seafolk. Overlanders don't know the word, though-only those who live under the sea. I don't know what your people would call it."

She sipped her drink, smiling.

"So, what do you think about that? It's a good story, and none the worse for being told by my Da. He was a treasure hunter, you know? He knew plenty...more than he told me, that's for sure.

Also, my name is Relic...but, most shorten it to Reli."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 31, 2014, 10:43:23 am »

"Nae so bad a story, Reli, but I'm thinking my friends wouldnae wish to risk that sort o' danger for whispers of treasure. A good tale regardless, though. I'm called Beolas," he smiles, "I fear I've little to share like that, just a brief incident with some spiders and a dwarven mine."

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 31, 2014, 10:51:11 am »

"Risk and reward are in the same clamshell, right?" Reli said, mulling over her thoughts.

"Nice to meet you Beolas...and, I'll be glad you leave out the part about the mines and spiders. I can't stand them, myself-Spiders...or mines.

I hear you say, though. You and your friends are you treasure hunters? Or merely travelers...with an opportunistic bent?

Otherwise, I'll assume you're just looking for rumors so you can have time to work on pick up lines-Hah!"
She laughs out loud, banging her mug into the table.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 31, 2014, 11:11:00 am »

Blushing slightly, Beolas laughs, "Ah, we're explorers of sorts. Cannae say we've much experience yet, but it was the dying wish of an auld friend, and a chance to see the world besides. Treasure's just a way to keep us afloat, if ya take my meaning," he grins.

"What about yourself, Reli? How'd you find your way here?"

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 31, 2014, 11:26:53 am »

"My ship sank." Relic blurts out.

She pauses a moment, then attempts a ferocious conversational assault.

"..well, the ship I was on. I didn't own it, I mean-I was on the crew. And, we sank it ourselves-it wasn't going anywhere after what the storm left it as, so the Captain decided to break it up for lumber, and buy himself a ticket back to the mainland. He really wasn't cut out for the job, you know?

Anyway, I'm stranded. And, lurking in winesinks-looking for a ship that's hiring...Are you..is your crew hiring?"
She ask hesitantly.

Then she plows on, irregardless, chattering away.

"I'm good with a bow! I can man your forecastle, bring down whatever you point out-above the water or over it. I can even fight underwater, if you need me to...I can swim like a fish-you could say I was born from fish...I'm a Ranger by trade-I know the sea and the islands, born and raised here. I mean, I can do whatever you need! I can track through water, find safe passage on land, water and food on any island.

I'm a passing good cook-as long as it's fried fish-and I can sing...poorly. I'm a good dancer, though. Self taught!

I can also speak to fish. And, plants. It's an Elf thing, at least the sort I am, I was born with it...hey, I am an Elf. I'm 120 years old! That counts for something, right?

...Ah, and I've said too much."

She paused.

"...You haven't run away yet. That makes this attempt my best yet." She sallies.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 31, 2014, 12:57:53 pm »

"It's nae problem for me," Beolas shrugs, "But the ship is nae mine, whatever Gil'agön Dâvë told us about equal shares. Best if we talk to the others, though I cannae see most of them being unwelcoming."

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 01, 2014, 08:10:25 am »

"I'll meet these others, if it please you. Do you think my chances are good?" She asks.

"I mean, it's not about money...I'm just the sort of person who needs to be going...not to any place particular, not from anything-just on the move. What's the whole big world for if not a bit of adventure?" Relic says earnestly.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 01, 2014, 09:40:19 am »

"They let me join their group at the last stop. No one should be against you joining as well. Except Sacha, but if you seem useful she won't mind you too terribly much." Ayleth says.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 01, 2014, 09:48:04 am »

"Is this Sacha the sort of person who minds everyone she meets?" Relic asks, gently.

"And, I didn't get your name?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 02, 2014, 01:53:39 pm »

"Hm, not a bad price for a dwarvern made gem. I need to consult some of my fellows, however. I will be back soon."

See if I can't find a better price.
No other respectful-looking jewelers in the market offer you higher prices, although a shady-looking fellow claiming to be a prince from somewhere called "Aire'gin" offers you over a million "bank notes", which appear to be slips of paper with promises of money written on them, for it.
So did I manage to catch any fish, or...?
You catch enough fish to feed one person for a day.

FISH GET
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 02, 2014, 01:56:24 pm »

"I guess I'll just go see what juicy rumors I can find."

Time to gather some information
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 02, 2014, 02:02:13 pm »

Attempt to fish from the boat's deck.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 02, 2014, 02:06:18 pm »

"I guess I'll just go see what juicy rumors I can find."

Time to gather some information
You poke around town, asking questions and trying to learn things; it takes quite some time, but you eventually find the following rumors:

-There's some kind of strange and unusual beast on a small island to the east.
-A small group of raiders in a black ship have been terrorizing merchant ships and small inhabited islands.
-There is a strange trouble in the Forest Haven to the southwest.
-Catacombs hidden beneath King Taran's castle, here on Toad Isle itself, contain a treasure unseen by man in centuries.
Attempt to fish from the boat's deck.
You don't have time for that right now! You just got done fishing for quite some time! The others are still conversing in the inn.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70