Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49400 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Somewhere potentially embarassin'? Still, you guys suit yerselves. If the bard renders 'erself unoperational by tomorrow mornin', let it be known I warned ya.

Oleg makes a vaguely apologetic gesture, then goes to get himself some ale.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

"Fine," Sacha huffs in annoyance ripping her gaze from Ness for a moment to glare hatefully at Oleg "But next time something's happening that you might enjoy I'm going to do everything in my power to ruin it for you. Ness," Sacha says turning towards the bard "Stop playing. You need to stop playing the drums and stop singing and stop drinking."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Ness looked crestfallen. Such an expressive face...she stopped singing for a moment, faltering in her upbeat tune. The drumming died as she looked at Sacha, confusion evident on her face.

"But...I'm not drinking anymore...why can't I sing...I just want to sing..."

She looked down at her hands and the drums, inebriation lubricating her emotions such that they could change with but a few spoken words, meaningful or no. Shoulders slumped as she absently reached for the mug of sunshine -when she realized that she almost took a drink, she glanced at Sacha then tossed it towards the barrel, folding her knees up afterwards.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oleg looks slightly shocked for a second, but regains his usual stoic countenance almost instantly. His accent is slightly thicker when he speaks, though.

I mus' stress again dat I ain't tellin' nobody how to live their life. All I do 's advise. I 'ssume anybody's free ta disregard me. Do what ye feel is wise, an' I'm'a leave fer now. I feel I'm...unnecessary in dis conversation.

Ssss. That was...unwise. Serves you right for that grandfatherly attitude.

Oleg distances himself from the group slightly.

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Darwyn followed Oleg away from the camp and gave the monk a friendly pat on the shoulder.
"Don't worry, I understand what you're trying to do. Unfortunately, some of these young folks simply don't want to listen to words. They need to find out for themselves the consequences of things like overdrinking, and hopefully learn from the experience." He chuckled. "Just watch: tomorrow, when Ness has a splitting headache from all that sunshine, she'll have learned a valuable lesson...at least for a little while."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oleg sighs.

I know. 'S just... When I was bein' taught the way, I learned that it is best to advise and not to interfere. I can't keep meself from interferin', though. This whole situation right now? I wanted ta save them trouble, an' ended up ruinin' a song. That's a pretty terrible thing ta do, even by accident. Brother Henne woulda been mad wit' me.

The half-orc's mouth curves in a sad half-smile.

He always said that I use too much force an' end up losing my balance. When you're me, you're predisposed ta using too much force. That's no excuse, though...

Oleg looks introspective for a second, then shakes his head, looking a lot more contented, his accent almost gone.

I still have a lot of things ta work on.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacha couldn't look at Ness anymore. If she did she'd likely give in and try to encourage Ness back to singing. "I'm going to go look inside the Cave for a bit. If I'm not back in about ten minutes I'm in danger."

Explore Cave for a few minutes. Mostly just sit in silence if possible.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

A few minutes later and Ness was asleep, face leaning on her knees.

How she could find such a position comfortable enough to sleep in is anyone's guess.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Sacha: You pop inside the parts of the cave where the sunlight touches. The floor is uneven, and massive pillars hold up the ceiling. There is a stockpile of pickaxes near the entryway. You can see a stone door, marked with a script you don't recognize. Probably Dwarvish. Anyway, the torches are few and far between once you enter the actual mines, and pretty quickly an up/down staircase large enough for three people comes into view.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Beleuchten" Sacha whispers as her Chain Shirt lights up. "Might as well get a lay of the land." Sacha descends the staircase until she reaches the next floor. At which point she will try to find anything of interest. If there is even a hint of the creature she will flee to the surface.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Beolas drifts off to sleep, tankard slipping from his fingers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Sacha starts walking through; before she can get halfway to the staircase, a loud rumbling occurs in the mine. [16] Sacha dodges a falling rock with grace and finesse. Continuing warily, Sacha reaches the second level. It appears to be  a huge maze; you cannot fathom how anybody could ever find their way here. You hear a jostling noise and rush back to the surface. You warn the others about the dangers of the mines and the twisting maze.

I heard you guys were talking about a timeskip in the OOC thread, so TIMESKIP.

The six of you awaken the next morning. No giant monsters have fled the mines and eaten you, so you figure there is still time. [Spellcasters, send me your spells.]
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darwyn had awoken just before dawn, as he usually did. Sitting on the softest patch of earth he could find, facing the rising sun, he meditated and asked his god to show his comrades favor this day.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacha awoke near the end of Darwyn's meditation. She had never understood why he would choose to speak with his god during the morning. It seemed to her that it was far more useful to await for night time. Allowing her to fall asleep with the thought of Tenshed on her mind and then, the next day, she could look forward to more prayer at the end of the day. Praying at Dawn seemed like it would only invite annoyance from the practicioner. Still, to each their own she supposed. Darwyn was a powerful... strong... capable... adequate druid. She wouldn't stick her nose into his business so long as he got results.

It was just about this time that Sacha realized a throbbing pain in her head. Speaking of pains "Hey Darwyn, when you get the chance, have you seen Gig?"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:08:55 am by Nerjin »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darwyn answered without opening his eyes.
"I thought I heard him say something about staying with the dwarves. Apparently they're the closest thing to gnomes he's seen in a long time and he want to be among people closer to his own stature."

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70