Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49395 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"Ideally, we'd want to use Light during the battle and torches for exploration. We'll need all hands free for fighting and torches get in the way."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Ness rubs at her pendant absently, and is glad for the shift back in conversation as she drinks more of the sunshine. She hoped nothing bad happened from drinking too much...didn't mom always act weird when she'd had a lot to drink? Well, this was only her third drink, that wouldn't do anything, right?

"Couldn't we, just, use the torches as weapons, though?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Oleg shrugs.

In my experience, torches make a barely-passable weapon. They flare 'round when swung, difficult ta fight with.

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"I think I'd rather have my blade," Beolas says, shaking his head.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

"You know, Beolas, speaking of your blade... Is there any way you could teach me to use it? I've been thinking about it and this," Sacha gestures to her Sickle "Isn't going to do much against beasts like the one we're going to be dealing with."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oleg, who does not drink, is covertly calculating the amount of sunshine Ness has consumed to this point. He gives her a mournful look, propping his head up with his hands.

Somebody's gonna regret all that next mornin', I believe. Not that I'm telling yer how ta live yer life, though.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"Mayhap it could be done, Sacha," Beolas began, rubbing the back of his head, "But the learning of it took me years, and I near lost more'n a few bits swinging it about. In any case, s'probably for th' best to no try a'fore we go to face that monster."

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In response to Oleg, Ness just waved her mug at him, sloshing a small amount of sunshine over the brim.

"Oh, whadda you know? I'll be fine, you'll see!"

...the reassurance was somewhat undermined by her slurring of the words. She tried to stand up, then, to refill her mug, and landed on her ass with a "Whoops!", spilling the remains of her drink onto herself by accident. Ness apparently didn't hold her liquor well. Nonetheless, the bard stood up once more, unsteadily, and walked over to the barrel of booze, refilling her mug with the sweet alcoholic drink.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well Beolas, damn it Ness watch out!" Ness' fall nearly caused her to hit Sacha in the face with the mug "Anyways, aside from the town drunk over there I was trying to say that I would be willing to learn what I can when I can. Ness, stop drinking. You've had too much."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oleg nods.

Sacha's right. A few more mugs an' yer in "monkey-ass drunk" territory - or out cold, which would be more dignified. Gods forbid, ye might even try singin' while drunk, which is a terrible, terrible idea.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I don't know about that. I like Ness' singing. Couldn't be too bad... Right?"

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So do I, but drunk singing is both terrible an' hilarious. 'Specially if a bard does it. Trust me.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Whut? 'S long ess I ken still play me drumbas, I'll be fine."

Ness's islander accent, normally minimal, is much thicker with her blood-alcohol concentration higher. "An' hey! I'mma always great at singin', don' matta how much I be drinkin'. I show you how singin' geet done!"

She forgets the drink for a second as she brings her drums around, covering the mid-riff that had been showing thanks to the way her shirt was designed, and tried to think of what song to sing to show Oleg how wrong he was. Sitting cross-legged, she starts to play a rhythm on the drums, a flowing, pulsing, generally uplifting beat. Rocking her head to the beat, she began to sing along, in a flowing, elegant language that none of them had ever heard before; nor had any of them heard this song at all, and with how often Ness played, that was a surprise. She switched between Common and this other language with a surprising ease, given her state, but perhaps that was the nature of bards; skilled at their craft no matter how their minds were composed.

As Ness got into the rhythm, she made rather overtly flirtatious glances towards the other two members of their party who were suitably aged; Sacha and Beolas. Her cheeks were flushed such that it was almost certainly just the alcohol talking, though. Ness had never really shown much interest in romance before, after all. Though, there was that one time...

Yet, her music was beautiful nonetheless. Though it was only a matter of time before the lyrics got raunchy...

((Song you can use for a reference))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

With an amused rumble, Beolas turned to Ness, "That may be 'nough for ye, Ness, 'less ye want a monstrous-strong headache to match the monstrous monster in the morn. At least have a swallow or three o' water, eh?"

3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No, no, no... I wanna... I wanna see where this goes."

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70