Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49393 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

"I'm going to ask for a way to keep everyone alive and well. Probably mostly heal spells. Maybe a few to help us hit more often or harder. I'm not quite sure yet. Definitely something to light up the cave." Sacha said as she looked at her, so far, untouched mug of wine. Not the classiest way to handle it but the easiest she found. Having run out of excuses not to drink she slowly took a sip. It tasted like mushed mushrooms but was altogether tolerable.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Ness perked up a bit at the sound of that, though her expression was still soured from trying to sip whatever was in her mug.

"Oh, you don't need to do that, Sacha! I can handle light!" she says, before whistling a short tune and swishing her finger through the air so that one of her beads began to glow brightly. Thankfully not blindingly bright...

Eyeing her cup with suspicion, she finally just chugs the whole thing in one go, dropping the mug and making a disgusted face afterwards.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Tensh-... Damn it! Nish, rather, might have a better spell for me then." Sacha said in annoyance as she sipped more of the wine. She was quickly remembering why she hated alcohol.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"Since we have no idea how far down the beast is, I wouldn't mind if we each had the ability to conjure light. Torches and sun rods are rare out here."

Darwyn quaffed his beer, finding it to his liking.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Spotting Ness sputtering, Dedak comments, "A bit strong, eh..." Dedak struggles for a moment with identifying Ness's gender-- dwarves display little sexual dimorphism. Incapable of figuring it out, he proceeds with a gender-neutral term. "...mate? If ye like, I can get ye something sweeter."

He hollers to another tan-clad brewer, "Oy, we need some sunshine over here!". The brewer yells back, "The imported stuff from the 'forest'? Fine." The dwarf returns to the alcohol house and returns with a barrel. He (she? you notice you've thought all the dwarves preposterously male) places it in front of Ness and walks away, grumbling about "bloody imported overpriced elven booze" and "cost a week's worth of galena bracelets to be wasted on some filthy man".

A sweet, sylvan scent comes from the white wood barrel. Its smell is mesmerizing, even. Looking in the barrel, it is full of a flowing, swirling yellow liquid.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The hell?" Sacha sneers at the barrel "Smells like... Essence of gods damned sunshine. I wouldn't drink that if I were you. It smells... unnatural."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Since we have no idea how far down the beast is, I wouldn't mind if we each had the ability to conjure light. Torches and sun rods are rare out here."

Darwyn quaffed his beer, finding it to his liking.

"Well, I don't think any of ours lasts long enough to do much good, if I remember right...but I can cast mine a whole bunch; don't you two have to ask for it specifically or something?"

She takes a look inside the white-wood barrel, and the perceptive among the party might notice that the smell seems to bring a blush to her cheeks, and makes it rather obvious that she isn't wearing any undergarments beneath her shirt, despite the obvious lack of a chill. That scent...it brought...memories...

Ness swiftly scoops up some of the elven drink and takes a long drink, hoping it tastes a bit better than the last stuff.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[9]Whereas sputtering occured when you consumed the typical booze, you just failed the save to avoid a minor sunshine addiction.

Ness practically throws the sunshine down her throat and scoops up another cup, which she also finishes in seconds. All the while, her intelligence score drops dangerously low for a moment, as her mind pulses with heavily drunken, primal desires to drink more, to something along the lines of:
"MMM...! SUNSHINE...! DRINK...!"
[8] Ness scoops up another mug, downing that as well. The fey drink flows through her veins, giving her more enigmatic flashbacks. [14] Ness... needs... sunshine... [Another glass.] [3] [Ness is consumed by the aroma and scent of the sunshine.] [2] [Ness continues to down sunshine as passing dwarves look on in horror.] [15] Ness nearly prevents herself from quaffing more, but collapses before she can take another mug. She gets back up a few seconds later.

(After that binge-drinking spree of over-aged elven wine, I have rolled on a table of silly effects of over-drinking various types of alcohol. Ness is now convinced she is an elf indefinitely.)

Around half the barrel remains.

((FIXIN' TIME))

Ness downs the sunshine. It is quite possibly one of the sweetest things she's ever tasted.

((please ignore the original reactions to the struck-through text, I should not update games at 3:00 AM.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:00:14 am by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Darwyn just stared in astonishment. Was there a way to fix this...?

Heal Check! Gimme that +9 baby!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:00:25 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Uhhh...wouldn't some of the other characters maybe stop me from drinking such copious amounts?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[13+9=22] Darwyn rushes to Ness' side. From Darwyn's current medical standpoint, Ness' immune system is remarkable; what was that, half a barrel with no vomiting? Darwyn notes a minor difference in the way Ness holds herself and moves-- somewhat more... graceful, or at least a facsimile of it-- but she is otherwise in perfect health.

((Rolep: You figuratively "threw it down your throat"-- it was too quick to react to. Drinking is a move action, that was 5 drinks, which is a around 15 seconds. The drastic change of atmosphere was enough of a surprise that nobody could get to you in time to rip it from your hands.))

((I am going to go to sleep now and contemplate the consequences of the stuff I did, so feel free to mess around with the ridiculous scenario I have thrown at you until tomorrow.))

Please ignore this post.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:02:28 am by Tawarochir »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Tenshed's name Ness! What the hell!?"

"So... Ness, I've always been curious about that little pendent you got there. Where'd you get it? Seems a little... Odd."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:46:03 am by Nerjin »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh... oh god.

Remind me to never update my games at 3:00 in the morning before I do something more ludicrous.

I kinda wanna just say that ridiculous crap never happened, but I also kinda wanna--

Nah. I'm gonna snip that insane stuff and put something less insane down. My apologies, guys.))

Please resume character development and such.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:16:28 am by Tawarochir »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Oleg looks at his bag thoughtfully, then at Darwyn.

I have torches, though. Five o' them. Don't ask how they fit in 'ere.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I would say we should go for that but with the Light spell we can make our equipment glow. If I remember correctly. Seems a bit easier for us when fighting in a dark space."

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70