Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49382 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Dedak continues to smile, as he has the entire time, as you tell him about your purpose. It's actually a little unsettling. Anyway, he asks you, "Oh! You're here to explore? Well, why don't I show you around?"

At Darwyn's note, he smiles a bit more. "Actually, we do have a bit of a problem. It's in the mines. If you'll help us, follow me!"

He beckons toward the huge hole bored into the side of the mountain. He also motions for a few dwarves dressed in pristine whites and stony greys, marking them stoneworkers and miners, to come with you.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Darwyn follows along, adjusting his pace to the dwarf's speed so he doesn't accidentally leave the mayor behind.

"How long have your people been here, Dedak?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Beolas trails along behind, idly taking in the scenery.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, around 22 or 23 years. That's why the mines are so deep and large."

Dedak sighs.

"We've been looking for the legendary metal, adamantine, for five or six years now. We still haven't found it, though. Only galena. That's why we aren't as... affluent as we could be. Galena isn't in very high demand, and the heavy, poisonous metal that comes from it -- we've heard it called "lead" --  isn't either."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Metals weren't exactly Darwyn's area of expertise, so he merely nodded sympathetically.
"Have you given any thought to finding another way to make money? I hear that dwarves are renowned for their alcohol, perhaps you could start a brewery here."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

"An... inherently poisonous metal you say? If it is heavy and poisonous could you not make ballista bolts from it? If the metal itself is poison I doubt many giants or dragons would know how to stop it. I'll admit, I don't know much in the way of dragon slaying but one less beast is always a good thing." Sacha asked in legitimate curiousity. She didn't know much about weaponsmithing. But it seemed natural to her that this could work.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To Sacha, Dedak explains about lead. "Normally, we have no need for weapons. Our society is one of peace, and no monster or enemy has ever been sighted on our shores. The other problem with making lead ballistae is that it dulls easily, leading to weak bolts, and the poison takes a good long while to set in. We have little use for it and as such rarely smelt it, preferring to make things from the dark, silvery stone." Dedak indicates a large slag heap that gleams and glitters-- the galena pile.

To Darwyn, Dedak speaks of alcohol exporting. "We already do." Dedak indicates a large building that reeks of alcohol. "We can't sell any of it, though. It's our only source of drink-- we have no rivers or ponds."

By now, you have reached the looming mine entrance. "This is the entrance to the mines. We haven't gone in for a week or so-- something foul lurks in its depths, that came out when one of our miners struck an eerie cavern that seemed to mirror the surface."

"We have no need for you to go into its depths, but our peaceful society has no military to deal with the beast and all of our operations are halted until it is slain or captured."

The mines are dark and seem to be a bit skimpy on torch placement. Travel into the depths and battle the beast? [Y/N]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ah... See here we come to a problem I'm afraid. My compatriots and I are godly people. My god would love for me to help his children. We are, however, but mortals. We will do as you ask as it is our duty. But I must ask that, upon our return, we be... Compensated in some way." Sacha said trying her best for a reluctant hero angle. "Aside from that... What are we facing?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Gig finally piped up.

"If no monster has ever been sighted on your shores, where did this beast in the mines come from? How long has it been here?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacha starts and nearly falls over "Tenshed- Uh... be damned?" Sacha tried a weak recovery to avoid suspicion. Regaining her footing she nearly kicked at Gig in annoyance "So you finally decided to speak up eh ya bastard?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"I get nervous in company."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dedak addresses Sacha first. "Of course we will pay you, but we can decide upon that once you exit the mines; I guarantee you it will be worth quite a bit of gold."

He spoke to Gig next. "We believe it came from the depths of the earth. I fear we may have dug a bit too deep, but until then we can only hope. As I have said, our miners breached a cavern that eerily mirrored the surface. There were mushrooms growing like grass, huge ones like trees, and strange ores and gems never before seen by anyone on the island. We saw dark shapes crawling, oozing, and slithering around the shadows of the cave. It is likely that, as living things dwell here, strange creatures live in strange places, such as the place we have found."

He then addressed everybody on the description of the beast. "Few miners have escaped the beast's grasp-- Nish rest their souls." Dedak indicates a row of memorial slabs lain on the ground. "Those who have escaped rave about a massive beast with too many eyes and too many legs-- perhaps even tentacles. They claim that all who fall victim to its mouth lose the will to move and perish in its foul innards. It is terrifying."

"That said, are you valorous enough to take on the beast? Should it ever find its way to the surface, all may perish and our existence only a memory."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well... I suppose we must at this point. Should make Nish very happy."

Yes

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"This is more my speed, methinks,", Beolas grins.

Yes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darwyn said nothing yet. He frowned, and searched his memory for a beast of that description.

Knowledge check!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 70