Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49367 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

"Harsh? Beolas my friend we're giving them eternal peace in the afterlife. This is their tradition. Plus we make sure Ness doesn't have to look at this anymore. Everyone is happy."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

After hauling the corpses over the side of the ship, there is a grim silence on board. And a few bloodstains.

The elder of the island, a man who is inexplicably called Fysh, walks to the dock.

"Hello. I... I saw what has happened."

"I have long known that there is more to the island than meets the eye... what that 'more' is, I may never know. "

"But remain unfazed! The open sea is ahead of you! Soon, this encounter will be no more than a memory. Enjoy your voyages!"

The elder's wife and son arrive on the scene, dragging a crate. They finish hauling it, and Mrs. Fysh calls out to you:

"I didn't want ye to get hungry! I brought ye food for yer voyage-- it'll last ye a good three weeks!"

The crates are revealed to be full of pounds and pounds of hardtack and assorted dried plant matter. Healthy, if.... less than delicious. They haul it onto the ship and into the cargo hold; enough to give each of you sustenance for 3 weeks.

╔═══════════════╗
║Set sail? (Y/N)║

╚═══════════════╝
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Thanks old man. I always wanted to go off to sea in order to eat hard tack." Sacha said in a tone she hoped sounded friendly and joking but most likely came across as annoyed. She never really liked Fysh's son.

Y

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"Farewell, Fysh. Pray for our safety on this voyage!"

Y
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"You've got our thanks, old man," Beolas chuckled, "so long!"

Y
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:12:20 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Whether I can see them or not, they're still dead..." Ness murmurs, before trying to plaster on a smile for Fysh's benefit.

"Thank you, Mister Fysh, [Missus Fysh?]! It was very kind of you to give us this food without us having given anything back!"

The last few words were accompanied by a pointed glance at Sacha, hoping she'd get the message. She liked the priestess, mostly, -she liked most people, after all- but she did have a temper...then again, so could Ness, so who was she to judge?

After looking back to the ship, she saw the bloodstains that had been left by the kobold's bodies...combined with the sight of food, however inedible, was too much. Back to the rail, and dry heaving, she went.

Y
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:18:08 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacha sighed heavily as she rubbed her forhead in annoyance "I suppose it was too much to hope we'd leave this island with our dignity intact."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Darwyn sighed as well, though not for the same reason.
"Not everyone can react to death with your level of...equanimity, Sacha. Violent death especially. Give Ness some time, to come to terms with what happened today. "
Privately however, he hadn't expected such a strong reaction out of the bard. He wondered what other surprises lay in store.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If it were someone important to her I would understand. They were just violent little savages who would have done the same to us. But the throwing over it... That's just a little much."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a majority!

As Sacha, being quite knowledgeable about the ocean, takes the wheel, your friends from the island wave you goodbye. The boat is stationary for a moment, until a sudden, strong breeze sets you off northwards. The island fades into the distance, and is gone...

╔═══════════════════════╗
║You've gone out to sea!║

╚═══════════════════════╝
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

With no land in sight, everybody heads to the cabin. Whoever had the map last left it spread on the table.

Code: [Select]
   A B C D E F G
   _ _ _ _ _ _ _
1 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
2 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
3 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
4 |_|_|_|T|_|_|_|
5 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
6 |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
7 |_|X|_|_|_|_|_|

X is your current location, a while northward of Dual Island. T is the legendary Toad Island, the famed largest community in the Angaeron. If you plan on heading anywhere in particular, Toad Island will likely have a chart to get you there. ((Non-railroad suggested first stop))

If you're interested in other places, merchants that visit the island on occasion tell of Earthrise Island, a mountainous place housing the Academy of Magick and Sorcery a long way to the east somewhere. Otherwise, you could just head some random direction to chart your map.

((Map charting, island location, and other such rules will be posted in the OOC thread OP))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So... I suppose we could head to this crowded island over here." Sacha says with a shrug "But I'd prefer to just sort of... Exist for a while. We've been on an island all our lives. At least I have. I vote we just wander until such a time that we get our fill of life on the sea. Or until we run out of food. I'm going to step outside and get a feel for the weather and the time. I'll be right back."

Vote: Head East

Go outside, check time and weather.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"If nothing else, would we not be needing coin to spend in a city? I suppose I'm with Sacha on this," Beolas affirms, scratching him head absentmindedly.

Eastward bound.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"We could always just roll a dice to see what direction we should go," Ness said, no longer quite so dazed about their encounter.

"But the wind's going north, so...we should probably go that way?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacha: It seems to be a bit past noon. It is clear and, as usual, windy.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Walking back inside just in time to catch the end of Ness' sentence "I... Okay. Let's go that way then. Just not to Toad Island."

Change Vote: North

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70