Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 49363 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Ness smiled wryly, though there was concern in her eyes.

"I think Oleg got a scratch, but I don't think he'd mention it on his own. Isn't that right, Mister Stoic Stuff?"

She hesitates a moment, looking at Sacha's wound, then glancing at the kobold corpses as color drains from her face.

"Did...did anyone think to b-bring bandages?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

"Ha! This is... Most likely nothing." Sacha says as she waves off the berries offered to her by Darwyn "Thank you though. I'd prefer to just... Tenshed to help me heal from it. Though I must say that perhaps he's not as fond of me as I'd prefer sending these damn bastards after us. Really... We need to figure out why they came at us like that."

Sacha picks up 15sp and examines it for a few moments. "I really have nothing to spend this on. Here, Ness, you take it. You'll need it for your flaming Longsword." Sacha smirks as she hands Ness her share of the loot.

"Welp... Lets toss them overboard. They've outlived their usefulness I think." Sacha says gesturing towards the Kobolds.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I-I don't g-get it...they're u-usually so peaceful..."

Ness' face is completely white, and her hands are shaking slightly as she accepts the proffered coin.

"Th-thanks, S-Sacha..." she says, looking haunted.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacha glanced away nervously "Well um... They are with Tenshed now so... I suppose I could give them last rites if that would make you feel better."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Darwyn shrugged as he pocketed the berries.

"I never had much to do with the kobolds, but you're right. I can't remember when, if ever, they last acted violently towards the villagers. Still, these ones made their choice to attack and we were within our rights to defend ourselves."

Knowledge check! What are the kobold's burial practices?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Y-yeah, I kn-know, but that doesn't m-make it a-any better...they're dead now...gods..."

Ness sits heavily on one of the crates, staring blankly at the kobold's corpses, cheeks tinged a slight green, drums forgotten.

Ness never forgets her drums. And she looked faintly ridiculous, her colorful accessories, beads, feathers and whatnot appearing foolish, rather than fitting, as they did with her usual cheery attitude.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Um... I'm not really the person to... Damn it Ness! They attacked us! They wouldn't have spared a second glance at your corpse if they had won! It's... No! We have to remember what they are! Monsters. They were probably deranged. Who knows how many lives we just saved. Probably a lot of Kobold lives." Sacha said angrily, then more gently "We were defending ourselves. There's nothing else we could have done."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You don't know that! You can't know that! They were people too, with lives and friends and family! We don't know why they attacked us, and now we never will!"

Ness had stood up and advanced towards Sacha as she spoke, gesticulating and getting louder with each word until she wasn't quite yelling by the end of it. She stopped, breathing hard, and looked down at the ground, arm dropping.

"And now...they're dead...and it could have been us....it could still end up being us..."

Her voice was much quieter now, and walked to one edge of the boat and sat on the rail, looking defeated.

"Is...is that what adventuring means? Death?"

She glanced at one of the dead bodies again and her face turned a sickly, green, as she turned over the railing and retched, heaving the remains of her last meal into the sea.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darwyn rubbed Ness' shoulder in sympathy.

"Death is a part of life Ness, whether you stay on the island or go adventuring. Listen: the kobolds were the ones who made the choice to resort to violence. I know at least one of you can speak their language, and they might speak Common. They could have spoken to us if they wished."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Darwyn shrugged as he pocketed the berries.

"I never had much to do with the kobolds, but you're right. I can't remember when, if ever, they last acted violently towards the villagers. Still, these ones made their choice to attack and we were within our rights to defend ourselves."

Knowledge check! What are the kobold's burial practices?
Darwyn cloudily recalls a day, spent in the forest, several years ago. He had heard some rustling nearby, and had met a few kobolds, burying a deceased elder. He had actually partaken in the ceremony, but didn't recall it until now because of an apparent traditional smoking of rat weed at kobold funerals, something that is likely a bad idea, considering the fact that you're headed to sea.

Come to think of it, those kobolds looked different, sorta like dogs, as opposed to these scaly monstrosities you've struck down. It seems that... this is a different sort of kobold.

If you still want to bury them anyway, the corpse is apparently doused with some sort of alcohol-- sewer brew being typical-- and is usually placed directly into the ground, perhaps with a sendoff note.

((Topic of adventuring being death:

It is terrifying.))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"They obviously wanted something on this boat. The first thing the chieftain did was lock the cabin. We need to get the boat away from the island. If we stay here it will mean more death." Sacha said as calmly as she could. "If you want you can go down below and the rest of us will clean up the bodies."

"I may worship their god but those who do harm to my friends deserve no peace in death." Sacha mumbled to herself before stating loudly "Tenshed claims for those favored by him to be cast into the sea upon death. I see no reason to stop the noble tradition. Even for those who would attack one of his clerics."

Start throwing corpses overboard.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darwyn frowned.
"That isn't the way kobolds usually bury their dead. If they choose to view throwing them into the ocean as desecration, they might attack again." He didn't necessarily object to dumping the bodies into the water, he was just pointing it out.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I am a priest of Tenshed, patron of Kobolds. If we need to know how to honor dead trees I will be happy to defer to your judgement. When it comes to Kobold burial practices I'll thank you to leave it to me."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

His frowned deepened, but he said nothing. Instead, he grabbed one of the kobolds and put it overboard.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"Harsh, aye, but it's best to be gone quickly," Beolas grimaces.

Help dispose of corpses.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70