Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: To Kill a Psion: Chapter Two: The Raid on the Queen's Tourney. IC thread.  (Read 15978 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: To Kill a Psion: Chapter One: The Queen's Tourney. IC thread.
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2014, 01:25:52 am »

You were dreaming about home, weren't you, girl? Not the one you were happily living in nearly a week ago, but the one before that. The big fancy home on a hill with the pointy roofs and pretty greenery. That life's far behind you. Look at where you are now. Face down on the floor of a tavern, leaking your lifeblood all over the floor. But what's this? Someone's helping you up, feeding you a potion.
You're not alone, girl; You've got friends. Friends who actually care, unlike that spoony Bard, Valan, and the rest of his party...
Aidan circles your foot, purring. He seems to be glad you're alright. You pick him up and place him on his usual perch, before speaking to your saviours, "Erm... Th-thanks. I don't think anyone's been that nice to me since... Well, since I was a little girl."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2014, 06:41:09 am »

""Okay, now you owe me one. In exchange for my favor, after you fight your next battle could you try and fetch me an autograph of some noble?""
The bartender, still a bit nervous, nods slightly.
""Besides that, pay me back for that potion later and we'll be even.""
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2014, 09:23:04 am »

"What happened little one? Were you not offered healing like the rest of us after the battle took place? I don't recall you taking a wound this bad during the fight."

"You're terms for rooms are acceptable barkeep. We will take two."

Pathseeker takes out two gold coins and offers them to the bartender. Then he puts his hand back into his purse.

"Ah, how much did the potion cost?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2014, 10:12:56 am »

"If you don't take the healing when wounded maybe you should have died." muttered Mutt sullenly.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2014, 10:30:33 am »

X'ithzol approaches the barkeeper, mandibles clicking softly to gain his attention.
"Greetings, shelter-seller. What price to those who seek to stay?"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2014, 11:22:15 am »

""Eight silver, my friend. If ya sleep on the streets, ya'll lose all of yer money anyway.""
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2014, 12:04:27 pm »

""Eight silver, my friend. If ya sleep on the streets, ya'll lose all of yer money anyway.""
X'ithzol pauses in thought, freezing utterly still in place, head cocked slightly to the side. After a moment he buzzes slightly, and addresses the innkeeper.
"Many have come to the hi... to the city, hoping to join the Hunters. Traders here to sell to crowds, soldiers here to guard traders. Those-without-hives, bandits?, would not come near so many, and no Human swiftclaw able to sneak up on my kind would waste their skill stealing from roaming travellers. Small-shelter I have, and I have spent many nights nesting on skywide floor. Eight silver for shelter and meals, a fair deal?"

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2014, 12:32:36 pm »

""Deal. Dinner's at eight. Say, you like grain porridge with dried salmon?""

The bartender asked.

"" 'Cause can't get my hand on anything better.""

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2014, 12:44:10 am »

""Deal. Dinner's at eight. Say, you like grain porridge with dried salmon?""

The bartender asked.

"" 'Cause can't get my hand on anything better.""
"Salmon? I do not know."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2014, 03:48:29 am »

"What happened little one? Were you not offered healing like the rest of us after the battle took place? I don't recall you taking a wound this bad during the fight."
"I got hit with a sword in the first fight. I didn't really want to be a bother to anyone because it looked like they were busy, so I tried to take the same approach I used to take with cuts at home. Turns out the same rules for papercuts and kitchen accidents don't apply to bigger wounds from swords and things..."

"If you don't take the healing when wounded maybe you should have died." muttered Mutt sullenly.
You definitely heard that, and while you know it's a horribly rude thing to say, it seems like he means well. You shoot him an offended look, but don't say anything further. The ache in your arm demands a decent night's sleep, so you pay for a room, tell your companions where you'll be, and head off to bed.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2014, 01:33:56 am »

X'ithzol:
In the morning, you enter a radically different arena than what you fought in yesterday. The entire floor is covered in dense desert brush, with a few cacti in their midst. From the desert scene rises two hills at opposite ends of the arena, along with two large stone columns closer to the center. From the top of the hills and columns, wooden planks extend, forming narrow bridges.
From the stands, you hear a man's voice boom out. "For our next solo combat, we have Flosi, The Very Magnificent versus Sithsol!"
You climb the hill to where a referee is standing. "No killing, no touching the crowd, got it? Good." On the other side of the arena, you see Flosi ignoring his own referee to wave at the crowd and flash them a toothy smile. They cheer in response.
"Well, Dave, it looks like we've got an obvious crowd favorite today."
"Yes, his flashy style went over well with the audience yesterday. This fight should be interesting, Larry."
"I totally agree. Both contestants will have to be very careful. If Flosi isn't careful, he'll go down quickly. We know from his first fight yesterday that he can't take a hit well."
"Very true. But if C'ithxol gets too close, things will get hot for him, really fast."
"I'm going to have to stop you, Dave. Looks like the referee is ready to start the match!"
Initiative:
X'ithzol: 13
Flosi: 3
You have won initiative, and it is your turn.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Legend:
- is the arena floor. Due to the thick vegetation, it is difficult terrain.
_ is a hill. This is difficult terrain when not heading downhill.
| is a plank bridge. Crossing this may require a balance check.
* is a stone column. It is 30 feet tall.
# is a large cactus. It should be enough to provide cover.

Ilev Nuaugamkea, Aela Entaria, Guilhayl Aber and Mutt:
You are met with the same arena: two hills, two columns, and planks connecting them.
On the other side, you see a rather monstrous crew gearing up to fight. A huge orc has an equally large axe over his shoulder, while, about 6 feet down, a kobold has pulled out a shortbow, and is talking to a half orc, who is standing next to a goblin, testing the balance on his morningstar.
"Ladies and Gentlemen! For one of our last contests today, we have Ilev Nuaugamkea, Aela Entaria, Guilhayl Aber and Mutt versus..."
"Versus Bork (Orc), Lextix (Kobold), Krani (Half-orc) and Rag (Goblin). You know Dave, this could go either way."
"Why do you say that, Larry?"
"Well, we have one team that are basically a boulder, smearing everything in its way. When Bork and Rag go to work, they don't leave anyone standing afterwards. But, on the other side of the arena, we have a team that can wield arcane magic like none other I've seen in this competition."
"Looks like the match is starting, Larry!"
Damnit, they didn't even give you time to choose positions. Eh. You have to play the cards you're dealt.
Bork runs down the hill, charging across the battlefield, while Krani braves the plank bridges.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Aela's turn.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Legend:
- is the arena floor. Due to the thick vegetation, it is difficult terrain.
_ is a hill. This is difficult terrain when not heading downhill.
| is a plank bridge. Crossing this may require a balance check.
* is a stone column. It is 30 feet tall.
# is a large cactus. It should be enough to provide cover.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:18:37 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2014, 03:21:30 am »

Hmmm. What can I tell of my opponent from a visual inspection?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2014, 07:49:54 am »

((How tall are the hills/plank/pillar? And also where was Borks starting position? How far did he run?))

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2014, 08:40:31 am »

((I take it I'm just using the spells I prepared yesterday, with the ones that I had used renewed due to overnight stuff?))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2014, 03:16:39 pm »

X'ithzol:
(Spot: 4+4) He's unarmored, and carries a crossbow openly.

((How tall are the hills/plank/pillar? And also where was Borks starting position? How far did he run?))
The hills are 30 feet off the ground, at their height. The planks and pillars all 30 feet high. Bork started next to Rag. He ran about 80 feet. I don't remember the exact number.

((I take it I'm just using the spells I prepared yesterday, with the ones that I had used renewed due to overnight stuff?))
You can prepare any spells you want.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19