Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: To Kill a Psion: Chapter Two: The Raid on the Queen's Tourney. IC thread.  (Read 15929 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: To Kill a Psion: Chapter One: The Queen's Tourney. IC thread.
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2014, 09:11:32 pm »

Guilhayl nods.

"Considering the general populace's opinion on psionics, it was a much better choice to simply not say anything."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2014, 06:55:39 am »

Mutt looked at it for a second, before opening it and backing up.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2014, 09:22:33 am »

The official who took you to the room is standing outside. Looking expectantly, she asks "So, who is the psionic?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2014, 11:57:12 am »

"Me. Happy?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »

"Hmm." She makes a few notes on a clipboard and turns to go. "Right, you're free to go."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To Kill a Psion: Chapter Two: The Raid on the Queen's Tourney. IC thread.
« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2015, 02:52:56 am »

It’s been a week punctuated by rather boring trails of combat prowess. Despite the challenges you’ve faced, you have risen above them, raking in prize money and making a name for yourself. Today, your team of five stands with the other four teams that survived the not-very-hardships in your way to glory. The Huntmaster is giving a rousing speech before the final contest, but it’s just for the audience. You try and keep your mind clear, and focused on the task at hand. In the forest that you stand before, is a powerful psionic who the hunt has let loose for this event. This will be your hardest battle yet, but your weapons are sharp and your minds are fresh.
The speech is coming to a crescendo, as indicated by stagehands, and you steel yourself for what is to come. Bellowing at the top of his lungs, Trenar shouts: “Let the Hunt… BEGIN!”. As the sound of his voice hits your ears, your legs begin to churn, and you race by the Huntmaster with the other teams, unfazed by the fireworks going off behind you.
Hold on… the fireworks weren’t planned until the Hunt had been completed.
That’s not a cheer coming up from the crowd…
Those are screams.
When the first fireball lands in your path, you dive for cover behind the stage, just in time to see Guilhayl and Trenan, along with many others, wrestling in the clutches of strange, four armed, one legged yellow beasts, before they all vanish.
   Above the crowd, who were here to see some nice, manufactured bloodshed, float figures who are firing bolts of energy indiscriminately into the crowd, their purple robes glowing from the blasts of fire, electricity and freezing cold directed at the citizenry below.
   In cover next to you is a figure in a dirty-sand-colored cloak, seemingly staring intently at an ancient compass. It points to the stage that you cower behind.
   Behind you, the screaming of the crowd vanishes in an instant, like someone hit a universal mute button. A voice pierces the deafening silence, calm as a pond on a windless night, and as jubilant as a baby taking its first steps. “Ladies! Gentlemen! Rejoice, for today, the Hunt’s tyrannical inquisition ends at our hands! Welcome to the new world!”
   In a spray of ectoplasm, a skeletal, beaked hound appears in front of you. Now is the time to decide what story you will tell of this day.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 01, 2015, 05:02:38 am »

On the outside, a small shriek, falling back for a moment before steadying herself, an entirely different look in her eye than just seconds ago. Her hands move almost instantly, whispering an incantation, before a Spray of Color erupts from her fingertips in the direction of the hound in front of her. On the inside...

Horrible things happening all around. Explosions, people dying, some being snatched out of thin air. A horrible monster appears in front of you, and then... Darkness. You struggle to see, but it's like there's a haze all around you. You feel like you're moving, but can't tell how, or why. Sound is quiet, muted, as if underwater. Dazzling colors break through the haze, but only for a moment, before plunging you back into the dark haze. You feel like you should be scared, but the haze is almost calming. Struggling to regain control only makes you feel weak and ineffectual. You almost feel as if you're trapped in your own mind, only able to watch on through a thick haze, as something else controls you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 01, 2015, 12:21:04 pm »

The gods be damned, what in the hells where these psions doing?

The somewhat less powerful psion snarled and yanked down his dust mask, coughing a glob of ectoplasm into his hand. With a grunt, he tossed the weightless substance to splatter onto the creature.

Manifest entangling ectoplasm onto the dog.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2015, 12:03:27 am »

As much as Pathseekers instincts called from him to take to the air and immediately strike down the flying villains, he tempered his actions with the knowledge that if he left there might not be anyone to stand between the dog creatures and the crowds behind him. Flaring out his wings he launched himself at the dog creature, pulling out his swords and hoping to finish it off quickly!

Charge at the hound and attack with a Great Scimitar.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2015, 12:20:47 am »

The dusty, robed figure looks up from his compass, eyes burning, then pockets it somewhere, hefts a massive shield, and draws a shining curved blade from a belt sheath, then moves purposefully towards the place where the skeletal hound appeared, bastion raised towards the oncoming psions. It raises its weapon towards the hound, its eyes and a silver amulet around its neck glowing with an eerie blue light, and intones, "You serve me now..." in a rasping, peculiarly hollow voice, as though it were being carried in on the breeze.

Draw khopesh, move towards the party. Rebuke attempt on the hound.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:39:37 am by Remuthra »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2015, 10:31:22 pm »

The beast had simply been growling at you when you release your wrath upon it.

Aela shoots blindingly bright prismatic colors from each of fingers. They strike the beast where its eyes would be, if it had eyes.
Will save: Failure! Blinded for 3 rounds and Stunned for 4 rounds!

Mutt's ectoplasm catches the hound's heels and it almost bowls over.
Attack: 8+2 > AC, Success!

Pathseeker charges the beast, swinging massive scimitars like a tempest.
Attack: 12+7, 15+7, Hit! Hit! 6+4+4 damage! 2+1+4 damage! 23 damage!

Sultan, channeling the divine power within him, reaches out across the distance to take control of the undead mind, but cannot sense anything. The attempt fails.
Rebuke attempt: Ineffective?!

The teleporting Huntmaster from the feast appears behind the beast, and stabs its ectoplasmic body, which explodes in a burst of goo. To the few potential hunters that are still in shock, or engaged with attackers, he shouts "The psion must have opened a portal to bring this force in! Cut off their escape route! Find the psion and kill him! We will handle this attack! GO! FINISH THE HUNT!"
He disappears in a small puff of smoke,

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2015, 02:59:01 pm »

With the immediate threat in front of him dealt with, Pathseeker looked to the skies and the men who were attacking the crowd from above. Clearly this was the reason he had so suddenly been given wings. His resolve firmed, he dropped his excess baggage, gave his wings a experimental flap or two, and then launched himself into the sky at them.

Pathseeker will fly up towards the figures attacking the crowd, if possible, attack them with twf, if necessary, charge. Use smite evil if I can get a hit in. If the figures look like they are just wearing robes without some type of magical protection or without armor underneath, I'll power attack for two.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:02:21 pm by Criptfeind »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 16, 2015, 12:31:59 pm »

Fire Magic Missile(s) at whichever on Pathseeker is attacking!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2015, 02:51:48 pm »

Total cover against the flying psions, get closer to the party.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19