Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: To Kill a Psion: Chapter Two: The Raid on the Queen's Tourney. IC thread.  (Read 15928 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: To Kill a Psion: Chapter One: The Queen's Tourney. IC thread.
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2014, 01:12:06 pm »

"Well... It's mostly a hunch... I mean, I've studied psionics in my training, and I've seen Mutt in battle... I really don't mind that he has them! There's actually some things I'd like to learn from him."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:59:54 pm by AlleeCat »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2014, 03:09:06 pm »

((Tawarochir steals his character back from the GM!))

Guilhayl snaps slightly more awake. He had barely gotten enough sleep last night.

"Oy, Zol, I'm no psion. Mutt's merely a fairly good friend of mine. Anyway... they did simply leave it at 'their fate is up to you,' so I, for one, say we keep the psion on our team. They might let it slide. We at least should take a shot."

"I'm not going to kill a man just to join the Hunt."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2014, 03:35:34 pm »

Patherseeker sits back and sighs, shrugging a bit.

"Well. It would make some things add up if Mutt was a pison. Some things at least. And yes, it appears that we won't be forced to kill the psion. Although I'm not sure what they will do with him or her. It's a worrisome. Although perhaps one way out, would be if one of us volunteers to register as a minder and take command of the pison, then the hunt shouldn't have any objections... At least ones that they will air out loud, we might need to watch for knifes in the dark... Although putting that much power over ones own life in the hands of someone else is... A distressing idea. I doubt any of us, excepting perhaps Mutt and Guilhayl, have known each other long enough for that type of trust to foster I would think."

He thinks for a bit. Then leans forward and taps his finger on the table.

"Although to be honest, putting aside suspicions against Mutt for the moment. Should we just clear out the Gargun in the room? We have not fought with this Exthzol by our side, we really know nothing about him. And to be honest my friend. You look the type. He seems like he might be a even more reasonable first guess then Mutt."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:44:10 pm by Criptfeind »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2014, 04:35:47 pm »

"Your guess would be a foolish one. I did not leave the mountains to join an organisation dedicated to ending my kind. I have seen your fights; it seems you have not seen mine. I fight with crossbow, sling and spear, not with psionic."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »

"So you say of course. And in most circumstances I would be inclined to allow your story to pass without further examination. However."

Pathseeker gestures around them at the room they are in.

"Obviously we are not now in most circumstances."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2014, 01:05:32 pm »

All this bickering. Is this really what an adventuring party is about? You're supposed to work together, not argue and distrust one another. Of course, you don't say that out loud; It wouldn't stop them anyway. Actions speak louder than words, right, girl?

Aela snatches one of the scrolls off the table and uses it on Mutt.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2014, 06:48:40 pm »

Initiative opposed to Initiative: 10+1 vs. 8+2, Success for Aela.

Alea grabs the scroll from Guilhayl, and quickly casts it on herself. The spell seems to have been modified to have a visual and auditory element, as a cone of light projects from her forehead and it emits a quiet beeping sound. When she turns her head, it follows. When it settles on Mutt, the cone of light turns red and the beeping becomes loud and harsh. A monotone voice bleats out the verdict.
"PSIONICS DETECTED."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2014, 06:49:45 pm »

"...thief."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2014, 06:50:55 pm »

"...Most stupid mageweaving this one has ever seen."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2014, 06:52:57 pm »

Mutt grimaced under his mask.
"Geh. Though really, I'm astounded you didn't know it immediately. Really, you're becoming psionic hunters and none of you have even seen the stuff?"
He shook his head.

He was reasonably confident, from the things they'd said, he was not about to be murdered.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2014, 06:59:35 pm »

"Lack of chatter of the obvious does not mean it was not noticed. I have seen all too much psionic, and so I am here, chained one."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:16:28 pm by Harbingerjm »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2014, 07:11:33 pm »

Pathseeker sighs and puts his head in his hands, before looking back up at Mutt, his face somewhat harder then before.

"So, I suppose that puts our conversation in a new light eh? Were you trying to say that you are the psion that only uses his power for good then?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2014, 07:55:42 pm »

"No. There's nothing inherently evil about psionics themselves. Or psions, either. And it doesn't matter anyway. I don't have a choice."
He made a gesture towards his forehead.
"For the terrible crime of saving a child-"
his voice dripped venom "-I was branded with a mark of justice and thrown into a dark cell for over a year. I forget how long, exactly, because I couldn't even see the sun to mark the passage of days. I rotted in there until the wizard there-" and a savage jerk with his thumb pointed at Guilhayl "-won me in a raffle. So I'm bound to serve him, or my Mark activates. I could only harm you with my psionics if you were attempting to harm me first or Guilhayl ordered me to."

He snorted. " I suppose I should be grateful I wasn't just executed for my terrible deed." It might not be wise to be so venomous, but he was out of the danger zone. They hadn't attacked him. He didn't believe the thing in wraps, quite. It didn't seem too... academical.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »

"That is a... Distressing tale. If it is true. But it is easy enough to believe for now, and explains quite a few things. But why" Pathseeker continues in a puzzled voice "did you two hide this from us? If Guilhayl is already your legal warder then, ethical issues aside, it seems like you could have simply revealed this to us, so that me, and Aela, did not have to go though this rigmarole. But, I suppose you must have had your reasons...

As it stands, with Guilhayl as your legal warder, and if the story you told is true, I have no issues with continuing to work with you two."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2014, 08:17:37 pm »

"You people are hardly reasonable about psionics. A façade is safer, even a thin one.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19