Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: To Kill a Psion: Chapter Two: The Raid on the Queen's Tourney. IC thread.  (Read 15934 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To Kill a Psion: Chapter One: The Queen's Tourney. IC thread.
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2014, 04:27:38 pm »

(What time of day is it?)

"Hah! You are paranoid Guihayl! I'm sure he is just congratulating the winners, and explaining what the next part of the selection process is. I wonder if this city has a area where we could bathe? I wouldn't trust any rivers with so many people clustered together, but it might be well to get the sweat off of us before this dinner. I think I shall go look, and take a look around the city as well. Do any of you wish to come?"

Explore around the city. Specially looking for if there is a bath house or something of the like.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2014, 04:46:28 pm »

Mutt looked unimpressed by the talk of a trap.
"And wouldn't it be a shame if you got a knife in the ribs, wizard. A shame."
More quietly, he hissed to the wizard alone:
"They have an easier way of killing us both without cloak and dagger, don't they?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2014, 04:51:09 pm »

Guilhayl whispers back.

"Certainly. But perhaps it would be more difficult for some of the more... powerful contenders to be killed in that manner. We still need to be cautious."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2014, 01:08:25 am »

For reference, it is around 3 in the afternoon. The dinner is scheduled for 8 at night. I'll be counting down your time.

Ilev Nuaugamkea:
The innkeeper directs you to a nice bathhouse about 10 minutes away. Judging from the decor, it's not too fancy, but not too expensive at the same time. The handpainted sign in the lobby tells you that use of the bath areas is 5 sp (toiletries included), a steam bath is another 1 sp, laundering of clothes while you bath is another 1 sp, and a massage is 3 sp. There are a few different doors, which include Men, Women and Mixed Gender.
You have about 4:45 left.

Expect a fade to steamy.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2014, 04:02:11 am »

Ah, c'mon, girl. You can afford to treat yourself nice tonight. Especially with all that's happened.
You pay for the full package, except for the massage; seems a little too much. As you lay back in the bath, you think back to the nobles you saw in the stands, and how influential they were in your childhood. You remember how much you would look up to the Queen, her elegance and regal bearing always seemed to be something to strive for in life. You also remember how the new Baroness was practically family, and how your parents were always trying to arrange playdates, despite the fact that she was 8 years older and always thought of you as an annoying little cousin. Those memories seem so far off now. So much has changed.
Aidan snaps you out of your daydreams. Had you forgotten how long you'd been in the bath?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2014, 06:01:34 am »

The friendly bartender shall give our winners here a drink on the house. They earned it.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2014, 07:10:00 am »

Pathseeker chose the full package, other then the massage, which was probably unnecessary also he had no idea if it was even possible to massage him. After that he went shopping, looking at the various sets of weapons and armor available. In particular he is looking for someone who he can commission to create a masterwork large Great scimitar.

((Great Scimitar from sandstorm.
Great scimitar 200 gp (s)1d6 (m)1d8 18–20/×2 — 8 lb. Slashing
))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2014, 01:09:43 pm »

Mutt himself merely saved his money, meditating to restore his focus and power for the coming day.
As much as he would never use magic himself, he was no fool - magic items would be useful, and weak as he was, a bag of holding was something he wanted.
If he made money as fast as he had recently... he'd never had so much cash in his life.

Mutt eats if necessary, meditates and sleeps.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2014, 12:19:50 am »

Aela Entaria:
You return to the inn, and it seems that two and a half hours have passed. A long time, but very refreshing.
You have about 2:30 left.

Ilev Nuaugamkea:
The heat of the bath almost lulls you to sleep, but you pull yourself out, refreshed. The attendants point you a smithy.
There, the smith puts down her latest craft to speak to you. "A Great Scimitar, huh? Made one once to pass the final journeyman's test. It's been a while, but I can try. Come back in two and a half hours, and I'll have it ready for you.
You have about 3:30 left.

Mutt:
You have a decent meal of stew, and return to your room and meditate.
You have as long as you want.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2014, 10:14:02 am »

I'll go to the local temple area, find out if they have a temple to Wee Jas, and if so I'll go there, maybe introduce myself to the clergy, and spend the time I have until my sword is done in prayer.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2014, 01:38:10 pm »

Spend the rest of the time journaling and practicing a new spell.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2014, 01:43:54 am »

Ilev Nuaugamkea:
The local temple is decent sized stone tower, filled with a permanent chill. The Jasidin priest you speak with, a Karuth Michael, tells you that it's due to the fact that a third of the temple's purpose is to act as a morgue.
"In this city, temples are tax exempt and supported financially by the government if they provide two non-religious services. We house an extensive law library and provide free corpse collection, treatment and disposal, depending on the deceased's wishes."
After a tour, you assist in funerary rites for a deceased commoner. Once his spirit has been laid to rest, you excuse yourself.
Back at the smithy, your new weapon is sitting on a cooling rack when you come in. A young man hurriedly wraps it in cloth for you.
"That'll be 250 gold, if you please, sir."

Aela Entaria:
In your room, you lie back on your bed, feeling the rush of a new spell warm your blood and send shivers down your spine. But what is it?
Choose a cantrip, and add it to your spells known.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2014, 07:41:17 am »

Pathseeker felt at piece after doing his duties to his god, like he was more connected then ever before, he felt a bit of the divine spark within him. With a spring in his step he went to the weapon smith to pick up his weapon. He was surprised that they would sell such a fine looking weapon so cheaply, but he gratefully accepted the weapon. He then took it back his room at the inn, testing the balance. It was quite a bit different then most one handed swords he had felt, although he was comfortable using it two handed, one handed would take some work to get used to.

I'll go back to the inn and and practice a bit with my sword as I wait for the tournament to start. I'll also be starting the training to become proficient with my new weapon.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2014, 08:09:44 am »

Mutt decided to learn more about his companions. IF he was forced to rely on them, he could at least know if he could.
"Goliath!" He called when the stone-skinned creature returned. "A question."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2014, 08:12:52 am »

Pathseeker was surprised that Mutt wanted to speak to him, he seemed so sulky and withdrawn normally. Surprised, but pleased, it was always nice to get to know ones companions. "Yes Mutt? What do you need?"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19