Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 65

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC  (Read 67406 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC
« Reply #375 on: July 05, 2014, 08:03:33 am »

So has Oleg's turn gone through yet? Also, could you update the map as the turn goes or post some other inclination as to which Kobolds are where and which ones are dead? It's sorta hard to follow. Me-thinks.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 05, 2014, 09:46:44 am »

So has Oleg's turn gone through yet? Also, could you update the map as the turn goes or post some other inclination as to which Kobolds are where and which ones are dead? It's sorta hard to follow. Me-thinks.
Nope, not yet. About that suggestion, won't that strain Taw's mental resources? I mean, I want everything to be understandable, but then I don't want every turn to take up a week... It would be easier if individual creatures were marked with different colors instead of numbers, then we could keep track of who's dead and who's not ourselves. The current system is a bit confusing, yes.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 05, 2014, 11:42:47 am »

Nope, not yet. About that suggestion, won't that strain Taw's mental resources?
You know, it's not very polite to insult somebody in their own thread.

Anyway, I guess that I could update the map a little, recolor the kobolds.

... Crap, now that I think about it, Marina actually killed one of the kobolds that was "knocked unconscious". Bah, it's not too late to fix it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 05, 2014, 11:49:39 am »

I did not mean to insult you. I just wanted to say that I know it can be bothersome to have to draw shit in paint or whatever before you can update, and I didn't know if you wanted to do that. I apologize if that sounded insulting - English not being my first language and all. I meant it might be an unnecessary hassle, is all. Sorry.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 05, 2014, 03:52:02 pm »

So Taw, around what days and times are you free to update stuff?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 05, 2014, 04:39:41 pm »

I don't think Avis meant anything insulting, I think Tawa just misinterpreted. And just from my experience, it is a pain in the ass to be continually updating a tactical map, and it does tend to slow things down, though of course it's very helpful for the players.

That said, it's probably much easier to use Maptool to make them than it is to hand-draw in paint, especially because making changes to existing work is relatively painless. But whatever (*snerk*) floats your boat.  :P

A simpler and perhaps better option is to just grab Paint.net and a few images of thin-lined grids, open one of them in it, and make new layers for ships/dungeons/buildings, colors, characters, &c.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:15:26 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 05, 2014, 05:34:45 pm »

I did not mean to insult you. I just wanted to say that I know it can be bothersome to have to draw shit in paint or whatever before you can update, and I didn't know if you wanted to do that. I apologize if that sounded insulting - English not being my first language and all. I meant it might be an unnecessary hassle, is all. Sorry.
I understand. I think I might've overreacted.

I don't think Avis meant anything insulting, I think Tawa just misinterpreted. And just from my experience, it is a pain in the ass to be continually updating a tactical map, and it does tend to slow things down, though of course it's very helpful for the players.

That said, it's probably much easier to use Maptool to make them than it is to hand-draw in paint, especially because making changes to existing work is relatively painless. But whatever (*snerk*) floats your boat.  :P

A simpler and perhaps better option is to just grab Paint.net and a few images of thin-lined grids, open one of them in it, and make new layers for ships/dungeons/buildings, colors, characters, &c.
Well, anyway, battle maps are infuriating to update. I have to make every little change and feed it through postimage or tinypic or something.

Anyway, I have GIMP and I already have a few grids, including the one I used for this encounter. I can work with it.

So Taw, around what days and times are you free to update stuff?
I can generally update in bursts. I don't have a phone or laptop, see, by personal choice, so if I'm going to update, I need to get on my dedicated desktop computer. That provides large restraints during school times, but luckily I'm off for break at the moment, meaning that only travel will impede me there, which is good because generally I don't go places much. However, my (helicopter) parents try to restrict my time on the computer, which is why I generally do it in bursts to avoid them asking how long I've used it on an individual day.

In conclusion, I can update for a few hours at a time a few times a day.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 05, 2014, 05:45:06 pm »

See, I can tell it's difficult, not just because you shouldn't have to update the map every single time anything moves(and a lot of these games just use ASCII or the equivalent anyway) and I would find it difficult too, but because you never moved Ness. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 05, 2014, 05:46:34 pm »

DAMMIT

You know what?

CODE TAGS TIME.

I'm going to break out the dorfs.

Everybody pick a letter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 05, 2014, 05:50:44 pm »

G.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 05, 2014, 05:52:03 pm »

I'll take D for Druid.
Marina will be d for dolphin.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 05, 2014, 06:02:30 pm »

Hmmmmm...

N for Ness, or B for Bard, or P for Paladin...Flying Dice gets B as Beolas the Barbarian...

Eh, I'll go with N for Ness.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 05, 2014, 06:23:55 pm »

O. For Oleg the Orc.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:01:22 pm by Avis-Mergulus »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 05, 2014, 06:32:46 pm »

By Byron's beard, B be best.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 05, 2014, 10:36:17 pm »

I will take S for Gaston is my favorite disney character. Also Sacha. If S is not available for some reason I could settle for s, C, H, or any other thing you would like.

Couldn't you put this in something like Google Drives and set it to be not changed by people who view it? Have it in an excel thing or something?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 65