Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC  (Read 67317 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2014, 06:30:35 pm »

Party face, yes.

Skill monkey, partially.

Paladins don't get much in the way of skill points, yo. Even if I am going to mostly be a bard.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2014, 07:57:04 pm »

True enough, but you've also got a wide range of class skills, and barring one other partial exception we all have a limited selection of class skills, a poor INT modifier, poor skill modifiers, or some combination of the above. S'in part a similar reason for why I'm probably going to be the miscellaneous gear mule, at least until we get magical storage: I've got a decent ceiling on my light load and not much gear to carry beyond my sword and loincloth armor.

I'm also really interested to see what directions people are going to take their builds. :))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2014, 08:14:24 pm »

Question.

Can I take 2 flaws but save the feat from one of them in order to take Devoted Performer when I become a paladin?

Sounds legit, I guess.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2014, 08:19:00 pm »

Is it alright if use the Bardic Knack(PHB2) and Spellbreaker Song(Complete Mage)? No big deal on either of them, really, just wondering.

Bleh. The equipment juggle. Well, we have a boat, so I don't really need to worry about carrying capacity...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2014, 08:39:28 pm »

Yeah, the boat (as I just mentioned) has crates and crates to fill with cargo.

As for the feats, can you give me a quick lowdown of their effects?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2014, 08:51:49 pm »

Not feats; alternative class features.

Bardic Knack replaces Bardic Lore: Basically, if I'm making a skill check, I can use 1/2 my bard level instead of the number of ranks I have in the skill, if I choose.
Spellbreaker Song replaces Countersong: It needs concentration to maintain, can only last for 3 rounds, and does I believe effectively the same thing as Countersong but for any spell with verbal components. I'm not exactly sure since I can't find the exact wording anywhere and I don't own the sourcebook. The pdfs I've found refuse to load, too.
If not Spellbreaker Song, then maybe Mimicking song from Dungeonscape; also replaces Countersong, gives a bonus to Move Silenty checks for the party while being played.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2014, 08:55:05 pm »

They sound fine, so sure.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »

Yeah, the boat (as I just mentioned) has crates and crates to fill with cargo.

You say that as if I'm not paranoid enough to always carry at least a 10' pole, 100'+ of rope, plenty of oil and torches, and a crowbar.

I mean maybe I could drop the crowbar and use my sword if I picked up Destructive Rage (which I would never do unless I knew you and everyone in the party was fine with me taking levels in Frenzied Berserker) or an Eagle Claw Talisman (and somehow didn't have literally anything else to fill that slot).

On the other hand this isn't a Mundane Batman build, so I'm not going to be saving for a Belt of Many Pockets either.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2014, 09:08:58 pm »

Just grab a sledgehammer, mate.

Now, what are the kinds of things that I can use for devious shenanigans that typically take up too much space...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2014, 09:15:56 pm »

* Tawarochir quickly raises ship, animal, and land transportation prices to prevent Rolepgeek from putting a smaller boat containing a water-buffalo drawn wagon inside the Seawolf
:P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2014, 09:26:03 pm »

There's a Rod of Ropes from CS; it's a bit above our WBL for now at 4k GP, but well-worth the price. It can:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's bullshit levels of utility for 4,000 GP. Ofc. it's only 4lbs, so it's actually quite space-efficient, just not gold-efficient for a few levels. Probably better than usual in this setting, though, because it could easily be used for boarding ships and making landings in places without docks or good anchorage spots.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2014, 09:30:41 pm »

Oh please Tawarochir

We probably have one of those anyway

Working on backstory, then may I join? I'll work out various tiny equipment bits and stuff as we go.

Also; she's a drummer.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2014, 09:33:06 pm »

Unfortunately, my next feat will probably be the stupid Simple Weapon Proficiency. Druids apparently don't start with that, which somehow means that I'm more skilled with my awesome scimatar than I am with a simple club.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2014, 09:40:36 pm »

There's a Rod of Ropes from CS; it's a bit above our WBL for now at 4k GP, but well-worth the price. It can:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's bullshit levels of utility for 4,000 GP. Ofc. it's only 4lbs, so it's actually quite space-efficient, just not gold-efficient for a few levels. Probably better than usual in this setting, though, because it could easily be used for boarding ships and making landings in places without docks or good anchorage spots.

Hehehe. The reason I gave you a grappling hook, other than a reference to my inspiration, was for the purpose of those times you find an island jutting out of the sea with only cliff faces for shores. (I have a few planned, most notably the somewhat rare mountainous islands.) That said, once you've obtained enough cash to buy it, feel free to do so...

...once you've found an island with a sufficiently powerful wizard on it OR you find the right dungeon. (Don't expect the campaign to end for a while, either. I'm probably going to pull a Phantom Hourglass once you guys have explored and exhausted the resources of the entire Angaeron, as adventurers are wont to do, and give you a new section of ocean to explore.)

Oh please Tawarochir

We probably have one of those anyway

Working on backstory, then may I join? I'll work out various tiny equipment bits and stuff as we go.

Also; she's a drummer.

See above, you ninja.

Also, sorry, but you have to get out of bed fully clothed.

Unfortunately, my next feat will probably be the stupid Simple Weapon Proficiency. Druids apparently don't start with that, which somehow means that I'm more skilled with my awesome scimatar than I am with a simple club.
You are proficient with clubs, but you are not proficient with things like pikes and longswords, nor with things like maces and crossbows.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2014, 09:43:50 pm »

which somehow means that I'm more skilled with my awesome scimatar than I am with a simple club.
Eh?
Druids are proficient with the following weapons: club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear, sling, and spear. They are also proficient with all natural attacks (claw, bite, and so forth) of any form they assume with wild shape.

Druids are proficient with light and medium armor but are prohibited from wearing metal armor; thus, they may wear only padded, leather, or hide armor. (A druid may also wear wooden armor that has been altered by the ironwood spell so that it functions as though it were steel. See the ironwood spell description) Druids are proficient with shields (except tower shields) but must use only wooden ones.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65