Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC  (Read 67324 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Leadership is one of those things that's just poor etiquette to take, though, haha. I also WTFed a bit at the wizzie buff, but it's not terrible, considering what it is. So, what, you don't drop Illusion/Evocation/Necromancy (whichever you like least)? Because obviously fuck Enchantment.  :P
Beguilers have something to say to you about that...
As do Warmages...
And Dread Necromancers...

Did you seriously just look at the schools the three spontaneous full-list arcane casters can choose from for Advanced Learning and decide to flip them off or something?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Leadership is one of those things that's just poor etiquette to take, though, haha. I also WTFed a bit at the wizzie buff, but it's not terrible, considering what it is. So, what, you don't drop Illusion/Evocation/Necromancy (whichever you like least)? Because obviously fuck Enchantment.  :P
As do Warmages...

Did you seriously just look at the schools the three spontaneous full-list arcane casters can choose from for Advanced Learning and decide to flip them off or something?
Er, where are you finding these classes? Didn't Taw say we were restricted to the basic stuff?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never said we were using them.

I'm just saying that those classes have something to say to you about dissing their schools.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is a monk's Wisdom AC bonus supposed to go in the Misc. window in the Mythweavers charsheet?
My Name is Immaterial told me that goes in "base".
No, that's Saves, not AC.

No, I'm not stalking this thread.
okay maybe a little

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

friggin finally

*ahem*
I present for your consideration Darwyn the Druid! I will fill in his appearance in a bit. I just wanted to get this thing up so hopefully Taw can look it over.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Looks pretty good to me.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

As do Warmages...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The best tl;dr for that is that FOR WIZARDS Evocation is pretty pointless unless you want to be thoroughly overshadowed by the melee attackers at every stage of the campaign rather than the first few levels. Enchantment is too vulnerable to Will saves at higher levels. Illusion and Necromancy have great stuff but can be gimped by certain meta-conditions. Everything else is too superb to drop unless you're deliberately building a weaker wizard.

--

Also, funny thing, considering that we were just talking about Aiel, Sirius' druid uses a short spear. I swear, this is drifting further from DF towards WoT every minute. xD
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:28:51 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

So we're waiting on Giglamesh and Rolep?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Yep.

Because I am impatient, I'm going to go start up the IC thread in a small while (depending on how long it takes me to rip off Outset Island make a map of the island). You may begin RP'ing once it is up; just assume that players with unfinished character sheets are still asleep or something. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE SLEEPING PEOPLE. USE ROLEPLAYING ETIQUETTE.

+TO THE GNU IMAGE MANIPULATION PROGRAM-MOBILE+
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:27:13 am by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see.

GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU GNU BATMAN!!!

Anyways, since I worship the Kobold god I changed "Dwarven" to "Draconic". Hope that jives with everyone.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Also, under Contacts/Friends I put a small section talking about how Sacha feels about the other PC's. If possible I'd like Dice and Avis to kinda look at them and make sure they're okay. Just thought it would be a fun thing to do to help me stay in character.
Sorry I didn't reply - today is killing me with all the running around, so I just got back home.
It's okay, though Oleg wouldn't actually talk about enlightenment much. More like impromptu stealth psychotherapy sessions for everybody.

Also, Improved Unarmed Strike means that when I elbow a mofo in the teeth, he doesn't get an attack of opportunity on me, right, since I count as armed?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2014, 01:16:52 pm »

Yes, Avis.

Also, Tawarochir, would it be alright if I took the Harmonious Knight substitution level for first level?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2014, 01:52:41 pm »

Wait... Aren't we just doing PHB and raw stuff?

What's a Harmonious Knight?

What happened to your Palibard?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2014, 01:55:18 pm »

Nerjin, if you're going to ask questions, look back through the thread first. I posted links explaining what those are. I cannot be a paladin/bard at first level unless I'm allowed to gestalt. Harmonious knight is a substitution level for paladin that gives them bard-like abilities and Perform added to their class skills.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2014, 01:57:00 pm »

Also, did I waste a feat on this scroll thing? The more I think on it the less useful being able to make scrolls sounds as I lose experience over it but... I dunno. Maybe at a higher level it's useful?

Just seems like it's taking up space right now.

Nerjin, if you're going to ask questions, look back through the thread first. I posted links explaining what those are. I cannot be a paladin/bard at first level unless I'm allowed to gestalt. Harmonious knight is a substitution level for paladin that gives them bard-like abilities and Perform added to their class skills.

I did not notice the links. But thank you for being so kind in your direction. I'll look it over when I get the chance.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65