Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 65

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC  (Read 67352 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

How's that?
Don't forget to list your Darkvision and Orcish Blood.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The Lawful Good, clearminded Half-Orc is certainly a refreshing change of pace as far as crossbreeds go.

@Dice Are you going to role-play your character? IF so, it should be quite amusing with the character who is essentially at troll for stats. Also, how did you get 3 feats already?
Oh yes, the roleplay is going to be fun. Half the point of the character is that he's just self-aware enough to realize that he's a foolhardy idiot, but doesn't really know how to change that. The other half is what you might call the division of human resources. I suspect that we'll have some good interactions too, looking at our personalities.

And yes.

1 starting feat + 1 feat for being human + 1 feat for my flaw.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Yay!

Also, I added some stuff because I realized that "Hey! I should probably have scroll making stuff to make scrolls with."

Unless I don't understand how "Scribe Scroll" works.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, under Contacts/Friends I put a small section talking about how Sacha feels about the other PC's. If possible I'd like Dice and Avis to kinda look at them and make sure they're okay. Just thought it would be a fun thing to do to help me stay in character.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

So we have a cleric, a barbarian, and a monk.
Well, I guess i'll be a sorcerer then.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stop min-maxing ya loser! Play a real man's class. Be a fighter. Or a Warrior. Or a commoner.

Spoiler: Or... (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

So we have a cleric, a barbarian, and a monk.
Well, I guess i'll be a sorcerer then.
Druid coming up as well. Just about done except for background.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

As far as such things go, a sorcerer isn't that bad. Certainly not as broken as a well-played wizard, archivist, or whatever, and probably easier for a GM to plan against than something that's a well-rounded lower tier of broken like a warblade or factotum. Besides, there's no room to criticize when you're playing a cleric (at least one that isn't just a party gimp healbot).  :P

Also, under Contacts/Friends I put a small section talking about how Sacha feels about the other PC's. If possible I'd like Dice and Avis to kinda look at them and make sure they're okay. Just thought it would be a fun thing to do to help me stay in character.
It works as far as my part is concerned. I'll reciprocate with a little in-character blurb for each of you.

3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are clerics overpowered? I've never really played DnD so I'm not super 'in tune' with the whole ranks of power. I don't want to be overpowered. That's no fun for anyone.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Well, it's 3.5, so, CoDzilla.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Stop min-maxing ya loser! Play a real man's class. Be a fighter. Or a Warrior. Or a commoner.

Spoiler: Or... (click to show/hide)

But without the ability to have three parents through half-templates, how can you make an effective character? :P
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is... Is that a thing?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Nah, it's not worth worrying about if he's not experienced or intending to spike power levels.

@Nerjin: Cleric tends to be a good class for new players for the same reason that it's potentially broken, but if you're not consciously munchkining it up there's not much to worry about. For reference, it's seen that way in the hands of people willing to abuse it because you've got the potential to deal high melee damage, tank equally high damage, and have access to divine casting. AKA not only doing your thing well, but doing better than other classes in what are supposed to be their specializations, which is pretty much the same reason for the listing of all of the top-tier classes where they are. Leaving aside utter bullshit like Beholder Mages, of course.

Though frankly I prefer 3.5e's setup because you can consciously choose to play a class of a certain tier based on your own experience vs. that of the party and the style of the campaign, and choose to play something suboptimally for fun, as opposed to 4e's 'everyone is the same equal, all casters are now bards' crap. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

If I even do get to play, I'm just worried a bit because most of my favorite classes, whether they're high-tier or not, are non-core classes, and none of the core prestige classes are worth a damn. Even the caster ones are pretty shitty.

...for reference, those are: scout, crusader, warlock, warmage, and bard. Exactly one is in the player's handbook. Though I could probably be a paladin/bard, which might be interesting.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:29:58 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 65