Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 65

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC  (Read 67386 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC
« Reply #720 on: October 05, 2014, 12:15:23 am »

Hmmm

Can I take a level in paladin yet?
Maybe. I was considering making you take a quest thing from a specific location for flavor and crunch and whatnot, but I'm not sure anymore. I will decide later.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 05, 2014, 12:17:19 am »

I'd be fine with that.

What it could be is that I grab a level of paladin now, then we end up setting off on a quest to consecrate it, basically, as I gain levels and whatnot. Since, at this point, all it means is some weapon proficiencies that won't come up for a while, the ability to smite evil and detect evil, and really we can just say you gain X power at Y time when you complete Z.

Plus, if I take a second level of bard I get 1st level spells.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 05, 2014, 12:18:56 am »

Why not let Ness take a level in Paladin now and then the place contacts her giving us a reason to go to the place and watch Sacha get slaughtered by an island full of Paladins?

PPE: Well stated Role.

That actually brings up something I'm not clear on: Does everyone in the party [excluding Silthuri's character] know that Sacha is evil?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 05, 2014, 12:25:56 am »

I'd be fine with that.

What it could be is that I grab a level of paladin now, then we end up setting off on a quest to consecrate it, basically, as I gain levels and whatnot. Since, at this point, all it means is some weapon proficiencies that won't come up for a while, the ability to smite evil and detect evil, and really we can just say you gain X power at Y time when you complete Z.

Plus, if I take a second level of bard I get 1st level spells.
As you wish.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 05, 2014, 12:31:57 am »

I'mma go with the fluid alignment system in that 'evil' means 'can be a really shitty person all the time' in which case yes, Ness is aware Sacha is a bitch sometimes.

Also, Paladins aren't actually all "KILL MAIM BURN" other than the Chaotic Evil ones. So. Yeah. Then there's the part where it probably wouldn't actually be an island full of paladins. They aren't exactly common, you know.

Also, Tawarochir, could you take a look at the Warchanter prestige class, and could I make some adjustments to it to make it a Paladin/Bard prestige class?

EDIT: So many requests I want to make that I shouldn't...urgh...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:48:13 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 05, 2014, 12:49:40 am »

I'll look at it once I'm using a device on which usage of dndtools is viable.

So, tomorrow.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 05, 2014, 01:05:24 am »

Oh, and something I keep meaning to ask because it seems... A little important.

Quote from: Scribe Scroll
You can create a scroll of any spell that you know. Scribing a scroll takes one day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. The base price of a scroll is its spell level × its caster level × 25 gp. To scribe a scroll, you must spend 1/25 of this base price in XP and use up raw materials costing one-half of this base price.

So... I want to make a bunch of Cure Light Wounds Scrolls at Level 1 [1 x 1 (I choose to do it at a low level for less cost) x 25 = 25 gp per scroll at base price.] So the cost would be 1xp and 12 gold, 5 silver.

What I care about is how much time it would take to make one. 1000/25 is 40 so... Would it take 1/40th of a day? I am, again, assuming that a day is 8 hours [because 24 hours of uninturrupted work seems a little harsh... But anyways if it's 8 hours [28,800 seconds] it should take about [28,800/40 = 720 seconds = 12 minutes] right? If it's 24 hours [86,400 seconds] it should take about [86,400/40 = 2160 seconds = 36 minutes] right?

Anyways, it seems like it would be important to know how long.
Quote from: SRD
The creator also needs a fairly quiet, comfortable, and well-lit place in which to work. Any place suitable for preparing spells is suitable for making items. Creating an item requires one day per 1,000 gp in the item’s base price, with a minimum of at least one day. Potions are an exception to this rule; they always take just one day to brew.
Emphasis mine.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 05, 2014, 01:22:02 am »

Rule 0 now comes into effect, because that is ridiculous.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 05, 2014, 01:34:46 am »

Yeah...it doesn't seem like it should take an entire freakin' day to scribe a single Cure Light Wounds scroll, or most any other low-level spell.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 05, 2014, 01:39:09 am »

However, in order to maintain order, one may scribe a number of scrolls equal to double their caster level. You do not "lose a day" for reaching the limit.

Otherwise, you could just basically sit there scribing all day, making obscene amounts of scrolls, which is equally ridiculous.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 05, 2014, 01:31:39 pm »

However, in order to maintain order, one may scribe a number of scrolls equal to double their caster level. You do not "lose a day" for reaching the limit.

Otherwise, you could just basically sit there scribing all day, making obscene amounts of scrolls, which is equally ridiculous.
What about scribing a number of scrolls with spell levels equal to their caster level per day(if you meant per day, rather than just period)? That way, an 18th level sorceror could scribe two level 9 scrolls in a day(which is a lot of power, still), rather than, say...36 level 9 scrolls...which is utterly ridiculous.

Of course, I'm only half sure what you meant anyway.

I'm kind of wanting a combination of Warchanter, Evangelist, [Paladn prestige class focusing on the support aspects of being a Paladin], and a sort-of Eldritch Knight(basically so I can Bard in heavier armor) for the Paladin/Bard prestige class. Which I'm hoping will be fairly good, since I feel pretty poor as a combatant at the moment... Ah well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 05, 2014, 02:07:50 pm »

My point was that, with enough gold, you could scribe like forty CLW scrolls in a day.

Your idea is better. I'll use that one instead.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 05, 2014, 04:52:31 pm »

Holy crap, you guys got lucky on the random treasure tables.

I think Beolas is going to like your shiny new sword.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 05, 2014, 05:59:17 pm »

Can any of us actually use Tridents?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 05, 2014, 06:02:55 pm »

One-handed martial melee weapon.

In short, yes.

In long, although you can, Beolas is the only one who can really use it.

Don't blame me. The random treasure tables decided to fatescrew you a little. It could come in handy for other stuff, though.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 65